Shelburne Durham Markdale

coolbane

4 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Nice I am surprised you got stuck. Usually long tracks can pull throw crap like that. 

I was going too slow and the skis got hooked under the ice on the other side, because I was down in the hole backing up wasn't working either.   I was informed to "Give Her" the next time I find myself in a similar situation

3 minutes ago, Candubrain said:

I was informed to "Give Her"

With any luck your skis will go OVER the ice on the other side and not UNDER.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Candubrain said:

I was going too slow and the skis got hooked under the ice on the other side, because I was down in the hole backing up wasn't working either.   I was informed to "Give Her" the next time I find myself in a similar situation

Ahhhh! You must have got soaked feet and your snow pants wet too. Bad scenario to be in, no doubt. 

• Like 1

thinking of heading to Durham tomorrow, did they get snow yesterday and today?

I think they did get more snow and I think they are getting more right now. We just drove back from Orangeville and it was snowing pretty good, still snowing pretty good in Fergus. I think the wife and I are heading out from Oville again. Might ride hillsburgh trails instead of going north though. Hillsburgh always does a nice job and they just opened tonight.

• Like 1

I don’t expect Saturday or Sunday to be good, I’m sure they’ll see a lot of traffic. The only thing that might save them is the cold weather. Hopefully that’s the case. We’ll try to report while we’re out tomorrow.

Not going out today, started plowing at around 2:30am. Finished at 6:30am. Been snowing hard ever since I got home and looks like it’s going to snow until around 2pm or so. So I’m going to have to go out again early afternoon. I see listowel area has just opened up though, and hopefully more after today. We are definitely riding tomorrow! 

• Like 1

From Durham's Facebook page. They are very good with the daily updates.

2-7-20 Durham Trail Blazer trails have Limited riding conditions 245-243 remain closed for logging , please do not drive by Trail Closed signs . Before planning your trip please consult the OFSC Interactive Trail Guide .
We have been grooming and will be grooming but some trails are in well worn state . Enjoy your ride

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

Not going out today, started plowing at around 2:30am. Finished at 6:30am. Been snowing hard ever since I got home and looks like it’s going to snow until around 2pm or so. So I’m going to have to go out again early afternoon. I see listowel area has just opened up though, and hopefully more after today. We are definitely riding tomorrow! 

Same happened here. TWN said 1 cm Evening, 1 cm over night. 1 cm Friday. We got 4-5 cms in the evening. I started plowing at 10pm and finished up around 4am. I woke to my phone ringing at 9am. One of my guys with a non-working plow. Just got him fixed up and back on the road half hour ago.Just stopped snowing here, another 3-4 cms this morning

Decided to wait until tomorrow for a ride now. I hate riding with everyone else on Saturday but what are you going to do?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

This cold temps and new snow will definitely help things 

2 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

If anyone goes out Saturday,  let us know how things are. Seems i forgot Mrs. Turbo Doo has us busy tomorrow.:soapbox:. We may get out Sunday if reports are good. 

Map just lit up! I’m riding all weekend, idc what the trails are like on Sunday. If there beat, oh well! Lol

Edited by Baylaker

Nice to see some green in district 9 

I think I’ll be riding all week. Winter finally decided to show up!:snow-141:

• Like 1

I hear ya 

49 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Map just lit up! I’m riding all weekend, idc what the trails are like on Sunday. If there beat, oh well! Lol

Karen was travelling today, and couldnt change things til she got to her destination.  She sure was busy for a few minutes though by the look of the trail map. 

Started in Dundalk and rode around Shelburne, Mansfield, etc.   Trails were great, some grooming doing on, and heavy drifting in areas where there are open fields.   Not too busy.

Many thanks to the volunteers who look after the trails, most appreciated.

Finally understand what the "SLOW" sign means, its an acronym for Speed Lovers Open Wide, and that 50 marker must be the distance to the next set of lights.

I don't mind people speeding a bit on the rail trail, but at least slow down some when you're passing people going the opposite direction.......thanks

• Like 3

Thanks for the report, coffees on, then gotta load sleds and we’re off! 

I don’t know why people can’t slow down when passing. It’s bad enough when you come around a corner and guys are flying around it coming at you, I look at it as a courtesy thing. It all depends on the trail and conditions though. 

• Like 1

Dropped in Palmerston went west then north to Clifford back south  east to the car.  Nice 3 hour ride.  Trails were really good, smooth and groomed.  Some thin spots on farmers fields and in the woods but overall nice with limited amount of snow they have. Thanks to the all the volunteers who made it possible.  Road running was very thin and temps got up a couple times.  Lots of sleds out no issues with racers.  Overall excellent little rip close to home.

• Like 3

I left from around palmerston and rode through mount forest ,durham and markdale.over all pretty good sledding for marginal snow cover.Clubs are doing a great job .Get out and ride before its gone!!More snow in the markdale area .Put on almost 300 km,great day 

Looks great.