DIstrict 7

capster59

Initial plan for yesterday got altered. Having no idea what conditions would be like beyond C & B105 heading north we did a sort of figure 8. The trails having just made a come back from no snow were surprisingly better than expected. An occasional Love of a rock just below the snow, icy spots here and there were essentially the worst of it.

C north from Port Severn over the McDonald bridge to the intersection of C and 11A at the top end of 6 Mile Lake. Down the ice of 6 Mile Lake on 11A back to C. A short run south on C to the intersection of C and 19 (tunnel under the 400 hwy.) 19 into Honey Harbour.

Capture1.JPG.4379a100bcfe8f2ed7b29d8366381cdd.JPG

Across the ice from Honey Harbour to Midland. Picked up 305 at Midland south across the old railway trestle to C and C back through Coldwater then Port Severn. Hardly any traffic anywhere. This mid-week could grow on me.

Capture1.JPG.6d2959a9edd1c4c0f1974cfbcac5265b.JPG

Short ride over to and around Waubaushene then home. Back for the weekend with the usual riding buddies some of who still work Monday to Friday.

Sure glad I went out and disappointed I didn't know we were going to get the snow we did on Friday night through the weekend or I would have headed up. Oh well.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was some good riding this morn from.port sydney down to the logging rds south of baysville but met lots of sleds on the way back and trails were statting to bump up 

20180210_090738.jpg

20180210_084512.jpg

20180210_093024.jpg

2 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

There was some good riding this morn from.port sydney down to the logging rds south of baysville but met lots of sleds on the way back and trails were statting to bump up 

20180210_090738.jpg

20180210_084512.jpg

20180210_093024.jpg

I am sure the local establishments are happy today! Finally will be an extremely busy day.......which may lead to some comments regarding the service levels, but what do you expect, hard to staff these places this time of year I am sure, or anytime depending where you are at.

• 11 months later...

Lets just move this one back to the top....... 

I got out for a ride today in Baysville, trails were excellent! Tried out the reopened d102b (baysville express) one little wash out half way that had froze back up and wasnt an issue. Other than that it should be listed green.  Long road run on the B to get over to d101b. Ran east on d101b to Tall Pines limit. Tall pines has packed they're section but not groomed. I turned around and heading back to town.. Also OPP had a ride program set up at Brunel road where the trail crosses, stopping cars and sleds. Everyone had to blow in the machine. Havent had a drink in 7 years so no issue. Cheers!

Highland Rovers is still keeping their area groomed. Saw Mark today. 

The Seguin was freshly groomed this morning between Kearney and Bear Lake.

West of Bear Lake was passable, but much bumpier. Santa didn't put enough snow in WildBill's stocking.

I guess someone was naughty??

20190115_165516.jpg

Some more yellow in hgr and Happy wanderers territory. Mary lake will be staked Saturday morning. Lots of ice and the gates are open for the lake trail. Trail to Baysville was groomed this afternoon, needs more snow but good enough. A couple reroutes in hgr territory this year. I'll post those up tomorrow as a heads up but they are signed. 

Archived