DIstrict 7

capster59

1 hour ago, Muskoka Man said:

Just got back from a run to Gravenhurst and back ,traffic was picking up as temps are better now , and so the cops decided to show up also and bring their radar gun and sit on a groomed logging rd and also check for tags ,I passed the test but copper said theygot a guy doing 124 kph .,probably a nice fine for that ,let’s hope the rain does not show late week 

As much as I like to ride out of the area, the OPP truly are unreal for that region.....it s the only location that I have been stopped by OPP three times in a very short distance, where some of the OPP were not even checking or knew about the trail pass requirements and where they are regularly in cruiser vs. out on the trail with sleds.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

Just got back from a run to Gravenhurst and back ,traffic was picking up as temps are better now , and so the cops decided to show up also and bring their radar gun and sit on a groomed logging rd and also check for tags ,I passed the test but copper said theygot a guy doing 124 kph .,probably a nice fine for that ,let’s hope the rain does not show late week 

I think we passed out going north on the D, if it was you you were taken by a break on the side of the trail. 

Yes It was about 10 mins north of B.B. ,I was playing with spring settings getting the doo dialed in 

Looks like the sno bombers groomed out of bracebridge last night going north up to 37 .looks quite flat actually .seen guys riding it of course .one blast of snow and they will be in business .still thinking of cochrane next weekend though

Well thats some good news! I wonder how snocrest area made out? Blake? They did have more snow. An update on Baysville area would be great if anyone knows too. Praying for lake effect after the alberta clipper rolls through early in the week. Cochrane is a possibility for me as well next weekend, but i'll wait and see what happens this week. Sudbury to shining tree showing yellow now too. Little closer. 

Almost a 100% for me to hit cochrane next weekend,calling for drizzle here next weekend ,I was surprised to see the groom by snobombers actually,just seen a bunch of guys riding the frozen moguls on the HGR trails which are also red ,unbelievable 

22 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

Almost a 100% for me to hit cochrane next weekend,calling for drizzle here next weekend ,I was surprised to see the groom by snobombers actually,just seen a bunch of guys riding the frozen moguls on the HGR trails which are also red ,unbelievable 

frozen moguls are fun for about, oh wait, they are no fun at all.

1 hour ago, Steve F6 said:

Well thats some good news! I wonder how snocrest area made out? Blake? They did have more snow. An update on Baysville area would be great if anyone knows too. Praying for lake effect after the alberta clipper rolls through early in the week. Cochrane is a possibility for me as well next weekend, but i'll wait and see what happens this week. Sudbury to shining tree showing yellow now too. Little closer. 

I'd predict you'll find some yellow Muskoka trails on the ITG before next weekend.

Trail base is thin, but intact where I've been looking. Fluffy snow is gone - - it melted and caused trail flooding here and there. Freezing up again now. No more worrying about the snow insulating the ground.

The rain melted the snow on the lakes, resulting in water on top of the ice, but now things are locked up. Better ice will be the result, imho.

A few inches of snow should put clubs back in business. I'd be watching the ITG, before booking rooms hundreds of kms north.

Thanks Blake. Thats what i wanted to hear. My sled is almost due for first 500 mile service and dont want to go too far before then, but I will if need be. 

They are now calling for + 3 next sat here in the skokes ,want to get out and put some Ks on and not waiting for Mother Nature to crap on my day again ,looks like a winter to chase snow again 

Calling for + 5 and rain next weekend here in Muskoka ,f@_£  work , f$#& the wife’s opinion I’m going to cochrane ,

Calling for + 5 and rain next weekend here in Muskoka ,f@_£  work , f$#& the wife’s opinion I’m going to cochrane ,

That’s the spirit! I may run up to Sudbury. Only 432kms seat time for me so far...need more kms

A sound decision, the season is too short to begin with, get it while you can, work and women will always be there

The westway was totally booked ,they have full house ,going to be busy up there on the weekend ,night life should be interesting ,lol,had to book across the rd ,good thing we are not picky 

• 2 weeks later...

Highland rovers have some open. Heard its not bad. On the fence about coming up tomorrow. Damn these warm ups are a piss off.

Rode Highland Rovers this morning from Visitor Centre.

Seguin was thin but well groomed overnight. 95 going southbound was the same. Groomed but thin.

102 was excellent. I would call it green. Lots of snow and groomed. 101 north was the same until half way to Kearney, when it  got into rockier terrain.

Unfortunately, I can't see it being as much fun tomorrow in the warmer and wetter weather.

On 2018-01-07 at 1:53 PM, stoney said:

As much as I like to ride out of the area, the OPP truly are unreal for that region.....it s the only location that I have been stopped by OPP three times in a very short distance, where some of the OPP were not even checking or knew about the trail pass requirements and where they are regularly in cruiser vs. out on the trail with sleds.

I wish someone would pass this along to the OPP Deputy Commissioner who committed to better on trail enforcement this winter.

Looks like we'll have some riding this weekend. ASC open limited and penn lake is staked. Highland rovers are supposed to open today. 101 and 102 should be in great shape. Maybe Tall Pines will open up too? My sled is in for its first 500 mile service. It'll be ready today but i wont be up till saturday afternoon. Anyone know how much snow port sydney got with this last blast of snow? 

About 6 inches or so 

Happy wanderers have opened some up! Come on tall pines your next lol. Another blast of snow is what port sydney needs. Winter carnival at the beach this weekend. 

Snow squall watch for Muskoka ,if we get a decent blast that is alll that is needed to get enough snow for clubs to work with I’m thinking there will be some green trails shortly :D

On 1/26/2018 at 8:08 PM, bbakernbay said:

I wish someone would pass this along to the OPP Deputy Commissioner who committed to better on trail enforcement this winter.

i wish you would move back to north bay so we could get some real time reports like from days gone by lol lol lol :-D

1 hour ago, blackjack1 said:

i wish you would move back to north bay so we could get some real time reports like from days gone by lol lol lol :-D

I try to help out from afar answering questions and posting sometimes on Facebook page but don’t want to comment on trails unless I have first hand info.

My replacement on the social media side is doing a great job but unfortunately the news hasn’t changed too much as the snowfall hasn’t arrived as forecast.

The next 2 week forecast is not encouraging either.

I see they groomed the east end of A102Q to Quebec so that the Temiscaming Club can start Grooming the Ontario side from Ottawa River to Big Jocko River.  Huge job, 2 Groomers for 2 - 16 hour days.

I appreciate your comments, thank you.

2DD3702A-CA73-4E2D-9400-3DF0471A591E.jpeg

9 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

I try to help out from afar answering questions and posting sometimes on Facebook page but don’t want to comment on trails unless I have first hand info.

My replacement on the social media side is doing a great job but unfortunately the news hasn’t changed too much as the snowfall hasn’t arrived as forecast.

The next 2 week forecast is not encouraging either.

I see they groomed the east end of A102Q to Quebec so that the Temiscaming Club can start Grooming the Ontario side from Ottawa River to Big Jocko River.  Huge job, 2 Groomers for 2 - 16 hour days.

I appreciate your comments, thank you.

2DD3702A-CA73-4E2D-9400-3DF0471A591E.jpeg

How often do they ride up there in second week of march? 

Archived