DIstrict 7

capster59

Quite regularly as they normally have an excellent base.  The pipeline trails usually deteriorate first because of the sun and the heat coming from the pipelines which starts the water running.

This year may be shorter depending on February weather which is forecast to be cold.

I see they are still reporting Limited today.

BCAFEFA2-BB2F-4314-82F4-27A668D545C7.jpeg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, blackjack1 said:

i wish you would move back to north bay so we could get some real time reports like from days gone by lol lol lol :-D

LOL my thoughts EXACTLY!!!  I really miss BBakernbay and his info and ACCURATE reports.  :(

5 hours ago, extreme600 said:

LOL my thoughts EXACTLY!!!  I really miss BBakernbay and his info and ACCURATE reports.  :(

X3. Only reason I explored the area and learned about all the pasionate peopkle that run resorts and restaurants in area. Road running is minimal which I like. 

Rode from Kearney down to penn lake, across LOB to dwight and back up today. Trails were in decent shape. Icy underneath the powder. But very rideable still. 

HGR has some trails open limited now just not updated on itg. Went out for a rip tonight to check it out on east side. Its not great. Some pretty good frozen whoops and rocks heading towards baysville. Some spots were ok. If they groom tomorrow it might be good. Hows the west side looking muskoka man? Dont drive up to drop and ride from port as of now.  Keep trailering to kearney its worth it. 

IMG_0408.PNG

Not sure  on the west side as we just got back from kikland lake .should be decent if the put the drag over it going out later this morn to do a run on D to see if snow bombers have come up to 37.still thawing out from the north

20180203_081225.jpg

For sure ,we got a good blast last night and still snowing ,we will see some green trails around district 7 shortly I’m sure 

33 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

For sure ,we got a good blast last night and still snowing ,we will see some green trails around district 7 shortly I’m sure 

Forecast is snow for every day this week. Yahoo!

Great conditions in dwight and kearney today. We rode LOB over to dwight and up d101b, gas in kearney and came south on 95 to 102,101, 78 to penn and back to port. Trails north of dwight were awesome! 230 km today. Hgr groomed to baysville by the looks of it. Trail to deerhurst needs one pass and it'll be mint! Havent seen the west side yet. Lots of snow! 

There is a pressure crack on penn lake so keep your eyes open. About half way.

I heard this evening (from a reliable source) about a pressure crack with open water on Lake Muskoka, near Beaumaris Marina.

Snow squall watch for the Muskoka’s tonight into tomorrow ,calling for another 15 Cms ,this should get things going 

thinking of unloading at Ultramar Port Sydney tomorrow or Wed going to Deerhurst

down to Dorset by lake

how the trail conditions there Muskoka man

you should be good to go. Hill N Gully Website says they will be opening quite soon.

I rode through that way on weekend and there should be enough snow...just needed the machines out to pack and level.

Stopped at the 3 way intersection 37,,D north (do ya wanna ) and D South ( Hill N Gully) 2 of 3 aint bad and they get a star.(for having trail groomed some)..which one was the loser? lol

Not sure what will be ready by wed .but i go by D south of port sydney twice a day for work .not sure on the north trail to aspdin area .or east to dorset ..hope it does open as we plan to play hookey on fri and ride before all the traffic arrives this weekend to trash the trails 

Port Sydney is all open and groomed Steve F 6 reported this morning

They were grooming D south but I want to see if 37 south is open so we don't have to trailer

Wednesday

Ok so when i left today the trail from lake to baysville was groomed and mint. From ultramar to the lake groomed and mint. Checked D south at ultramar, D north of tunnel and they hadnt been done yet. But on my way back to the village from the east side the groomer was out somewhere on the west side. Probably doing north of tunnel then south. My guess. Trail to deerhurst from the groomer shack wasnt done when i returned from baysville yet but will be soon i imagine. 

The trail to baysville was the best shape i've seen in years. Railing corners! Should be green. 

When i got to baysville i seen that happy wanderers had groomed too. I kept going till the warm up shed. I noticed that it was the first pass of the day on those wide trails and not quite setup yet so i turned around not wanting to run into the groomer on those high speed logging roads. Happy wanderers will be in great shape soon. Best ride of year so far today. Got to try my sled out on hard pack beauty trails and Fly by U in Utterson set my sled up perfectly for my weight! Highly recommended. He knows whats he's doing. 625 km on the ticker this weekend.

D trail south of port sydney is groomed and looks sweet.gravenhurst groomed D coming north out of town and looks nice 

Bala was also out grooming and there stuff looks real nice 

20180206_080847.jpg

I like this mid week concept. Eggs Benedict at the Amco for breakfast and we are about to set out from Port Severn. We haven't seen one sled go by yet. Currently a comfortable -10. We are headed north and hope to make it to H&H resort then back. Happy Trails.

9 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I like this mid week concept. Eggs Benedict at the Amco for breakfast and we are about to set out from Port Severn. We haven't seen one sled go by yet. Currently a comfortable -10. We are headed north and hope to make it to H&H resort then back. Happy Trails.

Well O2. How was your ride and how were the trails?

Archived