DIstrict 7

capster59

So should I be bringing sleds home on Sunday to go out in D9?

or does anyone think Muskoka trails will be opening soon..other than the Seguin

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, capster59 said:

So should I be bringing sleds home on Sunday to go out in D9?

or does anyone think Muskoka trails will be opening soon..other than the Seguin

You will see trails in Muskoka opening today 

CAT-ATTACK.jpg

looks like my (Bootsie) cat when a dog appears!!!

So its showing D trail from 37 at the hill and gully limit down to Gravenhurst is open yellow. The happy wanderers (baysville)have some open too. Havent seen HGR groomer out yet except from groomer shack down to cliffhouse. There is 7 inches of ice at the north end of mary lake according to rockerdan on dootalk.

im gonna attempt to ride toward Gravenhurst tomorrow from Port.  I ran mary lake today end to end.  

I saw lots of tracks on the trail below ultramar heading toward BB a week ago, so Im guessing that at least is rideable to 37 where BB picks up and is yellow

We packed the hell out of D from 141 to 37 a week ago ,we may try a bit of D towards B.B. tomorrow too,looks bumpy though ,packing will begin on D from H & G on tues morn I hear ,good to see you back around Dan 

Yeah im dying to get some break in miles on the new turbo, so I think will poke around there and see if I can get to the yellow trails.

We ran the roads/gasline from port this morning over to D trail and ran south to gravenhurst. Trail could use more snow closer to port but once u get past Falkenburg rd woohoo the trail is much better and the sno bombers have done a great job with what they have. The odd rock and sticks/brush but thats expected for limited early season. Gravenhurst snowcrest was good shape. Hats off to blake and the team there. Seems last 2 seasons the bracebridge has had D trail open before hgr which is not the usual. Little less snow toward port but im surprised it hasnt been touched yet. You did a great job packing with the scandic Muskoka man! 

IMG_0334.JPG

I talked to hgr trails coordinator on wednesday. Supposed to bring the tractor to west side today and start packing then panning. East side Piston bully made it almost to baysville T wednesday. One bad spot AFTER angies marsh we cracked back open that night with sleds. Hopefully its solid now. Trail is packed hard and whooped to hell from sleds. Yesterday it headed up 51 toward deerhurst. Not sure how far he made it that way. I'll check lynx lk rd today to see if he made it thru. More snow needed on east side but i've seen it open with less. Stakes are going in saturday on mary but its gonna be damn cold so....

On We I rode from Vernon to port and bac and had seen one sled tracks in front of me. but with fresh snow it was like breaking  trail. Parts of D (do ya wanna) had D trail panned etc.

HG no....Still were 3 or 4 trees that needed to be moved (esp on 82 ) I should have brought my chainsaw...Moved some branches off and such that I could manage.

Seemed to be enough snow and no  wet spots

HGR has opened most of their area yellow except they havent got the drags out yet.  Du ya wanna opened there section of D up to sprucedale and they have there drags going, pics look good on their facebook page.

Also the B trail thru Bigwin isnt opening this year. 

might attempt to run HGR off mary lake, toward baysville, 45 down to B.....out to St. Noras.  And since Ox Narrows is not open apparently, run back up to Raven into dorset for lunch...Then afternoon up to dwight.  Hoping to beat minus 24 for a high temp but the muffs do very well on this sled.

Sunday will be alot milder.

Dan

May take a spin around port Sydney today and check out the new yellow parts probably get cold in a few hrs and come to warm up and plan a trip up to sprucedale tomorrow when it’s a little milder ,will bring cam and post a couple pics if I can 

Yellow sections from 37 south into gravenhurst are in nice shape for yellow

20180106_122814.jpg

20180106_132645.jpg

20180106_115530.jpg

Drove by ox narrows today and ya I guess it's closed.  Not a sled on the parking lot or a light on in the place.  That sucks was a good stop and last year it seemed to always be busy.

3 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

Yellow sections from 37 south into gravenhurst are in nice shape for yellow

20180106_122814.jpg

20180106_132645.jpg

20180106_115530.jpg

Nice limited for sure, wow, wish I was ridin that

12 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Nice limited for sure, wow, wish I was ridin that

I will be Monday and Tuesday.:evil2:

1 hour ago, reevester said:

I will be Monday and Tuesday.:evil2:

You up solo?

16 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

You up solo?

Yeah leaving after work tomorrow. 

They staked Mary lake today. Brrrr. Gate is open at cliff house. 

No sign of the drag yet in port ☹️

Did anyone get out today on D trail through Hgr and dyw north to the seguin? 

Thinking go that route in the morning, east to kearney then down to dorset and back across lake of bays. Grab lunch somewhere. Gonna be a cold start to the day. 

Just got back from a run to Gravenhurst and back ,traffic was picking up as temps are better now , and so the cops decided to show up also and bring their radar gun and sit on a groomed logging rd and also check for tags ,I passed the test but copper said theygot a guy doing 124 kph .,probably a nice fine for that ,let’s hope the rain does not show late week 

Archived