Todays Ride..

Turbo Doo

Well with christmas festivities out of the way, it was time to ride. We left the dutchmans cottage and rode towards barrie. Spent 5 hours out on the trails today.  Rode barrie, midland and wasaga way a bit. Barrie had their groomers out making white pavement again. All in all a great first outing on the 850's. Cannot say enough about how much i love this sled. Only had time for one little pic..

20171227_185022.jpg

No skis in the air in that pic. Looks pretty safe, pulled over well to the right like that.

29 minutes ago, Blake G said:

No skis in the air in that pic. Looks pretty safe, pulled over well to the right like that.

Looks good Jeff. Glad you’re enjoying the new sled. What’s Frank’s thoughts?

Also you forgot  that all 850 riders are to post where they’re riding for corner safety! LOL!:o

4 minutes ago, FIRE242 said:

Also you forgot  that all 850 riders are to post where they’re riding for corner safety! LOL!:o

Were both loving the new sleds Glenn. The grins are from ear to ear.. Cannot say enough good about them..

18 minutes ago, FIRE242 said:

I have rode with you. Did you feel safe?..:D:rotflmao:

Nice little report.  Miles of smiles I am sure.

I saw you guys pass us down the C trail. We were off to the right of the trail. Pretty sure it was you guys. Damn cold out yesterday, I need a taller windshield 

You're tougher than I am. Too cold for it to be fun for me. Toronto this morning 0.0F or -17.8C. I would ride in the Toronto temps but Midland at -28C is beyond my threshold. According to the reports -35C with the windchill and that's standing still. Now get on a sled doing 50kph + depending and it's just plain frigid. Frost bite isn't on my agenda

My buddies had the original low windshields on and I don’t know how they weren’t cold. I bought the medium windshield thinking it would be enough...nope, looks like I need the high windshield. I was warm everywhere else, but from my upper chest up to my neck was cold! I did not have a fun 300km day yesterday...

31 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

My buddies had the original low windshields on and I don’t know how they weren’t cold. I bought the medium windshield thinking it would be enough...nope, looks like I need the high windshield. I was warm everywhere else, but from my upper chest up to my neck was cold! I did not have a fun 300km day yesterday...

and today is going to be colder

Yeah I just brought the sled into the warmth too, I’m not ridin in this crap!

Sitting at the corner of C and 416. You guys were heading north.

03C946E6-66FC-4C50-80B6-AACBC9F57288.png

Well got out today for the first time on the 850. All I can say is WOW!

It's definitely different than the 800. Everyone always complained about a mid throttle lag.

Not this thing! Hit the throttle and instant response. Just make sure you're ready and hanging on.

Maybe not quite as twitchy in the corners as my 15 was when it was new but I figured it out and I'll figure this one out. 

Installed the new Pilot R2 skis right away and that definitely helps IMHO. Play with the suspension a bit and it'll be good.

Was definitely chilly today but I bought this sled to ride not look at it. As PLC said it's in how you layer.

17 minutes ago, FIRE242 said:

Well got out today for the first time on the 850. All I can say is WOW!

It's definitely different than the 800. Everyone always complained about a mid throttle lag.

Not this thing! Hit the throttle and instant response. Just make sure you're ready and hanging on.

Maybe not quite as twitchy in the corners as my 15 was when it was new but I figured it out and I'll figure this one out. 

Installed the new Pilot R2 skis right away and that definitely helps IMHO. Play with the suspension a bit and it'll be good.

Was definitely chilly today but I bought this sled to ride not look at it. As PLC said it's in how you layer.

Glad you love the sled Glenn. We did not ride today. Was busy making a deal on another new sled..

Had a blast out in the limited snow in district 9. Hats off to those who worked so hard over the holidays in the sauble area. Trails were better then expected. 

IMG_2470.JPG

14 hours ago, Hkb82 said:

Had a blast out in the limited snow in district 9. Hats off to those who worked so hard over the holidays in the sauble area. Trails were better then expected. 

IMG_2470.JPG

We passed you guys. I remember seeing those cats! Lol

Been out for the past few days and even our roads are holding up. We ride most of the time during the week but just can't not get out for the first open trails. lots of riders out but that's to be expected. Good times. If ya see me stopped trail side feel free to stop. 

Today around Delta. Some wet spots that need to freeze, but packing has begun and the trails have a decent enough base that is holding well. A few rocks and debris is coming through, slow riding is a must as hazards are on trails right now, not to mention in -22, slow is better. Only stopped once, ran about 100kms.DSCF5491.thumb.JPG.62b4b834beba5dcb14912186749c5f40.JPG5a493ef39af91_DSCF5492(2).thumb.JPG.a190e1346e3ca0332e3664fc75ad8735.JPG

Archived