*** 5 feet of snow ????

528rick

Yes 5 feet of the white stuff south of Erie Penn. over to Buf

IMG_20171227_111258549.jpg

yeah... I saw that on the news and posted it in see some snow... road trip anyone?

3 hours ago, 528rick said:

Yes 5 feet of the white stuff south of Erie Penn. over to Buf

IMG_20171227_111258549.jpg

Had the pleasure of driving through that yesterday on our way home from Christmas in Ohio....fun times...

Google pictures of the snow.

I doubt even the best of us flat landers could get around on sleds.

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

Google pictures of the snow.

I doubt even the best of us flat landers could get around on sleds.

Speak for yourself sissy.... :D

47 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I would be entertaining to see you work that 800 in 5 feet of bottomless powder. Only one option WFO or stuck, if that can even do it. 

Now some of your older iron is a different story. You would have to give Alex his wish and extend that 670. 

2 hours ago, matt17 said:

I would be entertaining to see you work that 800 in 5 feet of bottomless powder. Only one option WFO or stuck, if that can even do it. 

Now some of your older iron is a different story. You would have to give Alex his wish and extend that 670. 

Ironically I seemed to be one of the best at cracking the trail up hill thru 3 feet of grainy snow before the groomer could get in.  Every year there was a motley group of us with various beaters from every era of sledding history.  That TX340 weighed nothing and had more track spin than any of the others in the gang.  75 Panther Deluxe single cylinder; 90 Formula Plow (Plus) 521 LT with a 1 3/4" paddle track; Indy Sport 340; 90's Safari GLX? Had the a-arm front suspension.  Anyways we all had fun.

All I've ever had was short track sleds.  Waste of time in snow like the pic above, and clearly my prev. comment was just for humour... :D

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

I'll  let you go first :-D

37 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Ironically I seemed to be one of the best at cracking the trail up hill thru 3 feet of grainy snow before the groomer could get in.  Every year there was a motley group of us with various beaters from every era of sledding history.  That TX340 weighed nothing and had more track spin than any of the others in the gang.  75 Panther Deluxe single cylinder; 90 Formula Plow (Plus) 521 LT with a 1 3/4" paddle track; Indy Sport 340; 90's Safari GLX? Had the a-arm front suspension.  Anyways we all had fun.

All I've ever had was short track sleds.  Waste of time in snow like the pic above, and clearly my prev. comment was just for humour... :D

I have for years broke trail with a arctic cat 4 stroke weighing in at 900 lbs with my ass in the saddle a 128 inch track with one inch lugs. When it had the 121 on it and the stock skis it was more of a plow but with the wider simmons and longer track it will get the job done. Just need the balls to risk getting stuck and dealing with the misery of getting it out.

Firsthand knowledge here-I work in Erie and live 10 miles south of there.5 feet is a real stretch.3 feet,yes.The 5 feet must have been blowing.Very odd storm-usually the lake effect goes inland and the lakeshore gets nothing,it was backwards this time.Went riding last night,it is all mud.My sled is covered top to bottom.One of my buddies rode his sled through downtown Erie Christmas night to take a picture at the dock on the bay.Crazy stuff,we've already hit the seasonal average for snow and it's not even the new year yet.

Archived