For Baylaker, fire242 and all other 850 OC Members..

Turbo Doo

Just wanted to post that when i came home from work, and noticed the road still snowcovered, and a local field just calling my name, i had to get out and try this 850 thing out. Guys all i can say is Holy F*"&#k....This thing is truly a rocket.  Its nuts.. i may just be converted from the 1200.:icon_steer::icon_dance-cpatch::shock:B).. Planning alot more seat time over the holidays.. I am actually speechless about this sled.. I honestly had some doubts about it, but man oh man..:D.

And for all you haters, yes i know the land owner..

20171222_220312.jpg

I sold my vector and bought a 800 mxz this year and this sled is a whole new game also ,it’s a wheelie machine and tracks dead straight ,definately have to hold on tight 

IQ, great to hear you're impressed with the new sled. Haven't had a chance yet to ride mine but very soon I hope.

This time of year has so much going on and it always gets in the way of sledding. LOL!

I expect you and the Dutchmen will really notice a change coming from the 1200.

Hopefully meet up this season. Enjoy and try to keep the skis on the snow.

18 minutes ago, FIRE242 said:

IQ, great to hear you're impressed with the new sled. Haven't had a chance yet to ride mine but very soon I hope.

This time of year has so much going on and it always gets in the way of sledding. LOL!

I expect you and the Dutchmen will really notice a change coming from the 1200.

Hopefully meet up this season. Enjoy and try to keep the skis on the snow.

Thanks Glenn. We are heading out sometime next week after our christmas for some seat time. And yes, it definitely lifts the skis at will, at most speed..

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

it definitely lifts the skis at will, at most speed.

So how do you steer coming out of a corner ?  More coupling is in order.

2 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

More coupling is in order.

A good motto.

Im staying away from the 850 on purpose ,it just looks way to fun :(,Im still learning about my 1200 

3 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

So how do you steer coming out of a corner ?  More coupling is in order.

I'm just getting used to the 800 short track... coupling blocks are on 2 .... 3 for off trail riding  (I like a certain measure of control). 

Can't even fathom what you'd  need on a 137" 850 studded sled to keep the skis planted  ....

I can just see stand up guys going into a corner with there new 850. Sliding thru the corner with skis in air and buddy's riding so close at high rate of speed, on coming sleds don't have s chance coming into corner. 

1 hour ago, Denis007 said:

Can't even fathom what you'd  need on a 137" 850 studded sled to keep the skis planted  ....

Maybe a 50 lb. weight in the front!LOL!

Will definitely have to figure it out.

Dennis was thinking of taking some of the preload out of the front shock springs to lower front end

but with the Pro 36’s there’s a retaining clip there from factory. That doesn’t allow you to lessen preload.

I was wondering if I move clip up to lessen preload but leave enough preload on spring to keep it in the bottom retainer that might help. That’s how I’ve always adjusted the center shock preload to keep it softer, no clip on this one. It’s a Pro 40

Just a thought!

Yes you can do that. Be sure that they're adjusted equally. I'd set the center spring preload a good bit softer.  My 800 was way too stiff and it was tippy and harsh as a result. I've got the sled at minimum preload all around and that works pretty well for me.  Just need a bit more preload back in the center spring to get some balance back.  Rides incredible in the ungroomed mogul trails !! 

I’m glad your thrilled with it! I still haven’t ridden by myself yet and I’m dying to get out on it! I’m up for a ride on the 28th if your free. Told the girlfriend I need to try this thing alone lol. I tried my buddies 1200 last year and wasn’t too impressed with it. But he just dumped it anyways for a winder...

when the girlfrien and i were on it for the maiden voyage...I gave it half throttle and it lifted and carried the skis for a good distance. Very impressive. I need to get out and ride, so if your available on the 28th let me know. I’m thinking Barrie area. My buddy is there now and says it’s very good condition wise..

IQ, if your up for it let me know. I’m trying to get my buddies out on the 28th as well. Both are 850 owners as well. FIRE242 your welcome as well. Hell anyone is welcome!

What model sled sled do you have IQ?

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

IQ, if your up for it let me know. I’m trying to get my buddies out on the 28th as well. Both are 850 owners as well. FIRE242 your welcome as well. Hell anyone is welcome!

What model sled sled do you have IQ?

Baylaker, rode renegades and this season decided to get a mxz x 850..  Were heading to the family cottage in orillia on boxing day, and will be out on the trails in the barrie area starting on the 27th..We will be riding a 1200 doo, a 850 blizzard and my 850 mxz x.

Kewl! Let me know if you want to meet up. I’ll make the drive up on the 28th if your not busy and we’ll get out for a ride. Unfortunately my buddies are busy...

Baylaker where are you planning on starting?

Anywhere parking is free! Lol

Baylaker and Fabio good place to park is the Sno Voyageurs Club House on Snow Valley Road

between Anne St. N and Wilson Dr.,Minesing. Should be able to Google Map it.

Would like to join you guys but it’s a busy time right now. Enjoy the ride.

BaylakerI I’ll let you know for the 28th

Thanks Glenn much appreciate, bet your dieing inside to ride your 850 lol, I would be too... 

Coming back from parry sound today the trails around waubashene and around hwy 93 looked great, super flat...

Can’t wait to get out on it Fab. Going up to friends in Magnetawan for New Years get out on it up there.

Maybe we could hook up for some rides around Barrie in the New Year.

Got to get some seat time on it before the big trip.

Have a a great Christmas. See you soon!

Thanks Glenn 

Sure just let me know where and when lol..

What trip lol...

Same to you Glenn, hope you and your family have a great Christmas... 

2 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Kewl! Let me know if you want to meet up. I’ll make the drive up on the 28th if your not busy and we’ll get out for a ride. Unfortunately my buddies are busy...

No worries. We will let you know.. we can always ride to a parking spot and meet you.  Cheers..

1 hour ago, FIRE242 said:

Baylaker and Fabio good place to park is the Sno Voyageurs Club House on Snow Valley Road

between Anne St. N and Wilson Dr.,Minesing. Should be able to Google Map it.

Would like to join you guys but it’s a busy time right now. Enjoy the ride.

I’ll check that out, thanks Glenn 

10 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

No worries. We will let you know.. we can always ride to a parking spot and meet you.  Cheers..

Sounds good, we’ll see if we can make something happen

1 hour ago, Fabio said:

BaylakerI I’ll let you know for the 28th

Thanks Glenn much appreciate, bet your dieing inside to ride your 850 lol, I would be too... 

Coming back from parry sound today the trails around waubashene and around hwy 93 looked great, super flat...

Ok let me know Fabio. 

Archived