Kawartha Lakes tomorrow

GrizzlyGriff

We will be meeting at 10 am at the Superior Propane lot North of Fenelon if anyone wishes to join us.

I wish I could but family Christmas activities are getting in the way and my truck is in for service so I am stranded with a rental and they won't allow towing.

Jerry

another time Jerry!

The rail trail was groomed last night.   It should be good for a bit but I am sure it's going to be busy.   

By the looks of all the sleds in Lindsay today, the trails got good use.. 

hardly anyone out there, so the trails lasted the day.  Somerville 3rd to Kinmount still good.  Thin in the middle Lindsay to Somerville 3rd and Haliburton to Kinmount. Somerville 3rd out to Hiway 49 was fun.  Pinery thin.

So you ran into Hali on rail line?

5 hours ago, infernobuster said:

By the looks of all the sleds in Lindsay today, the trails got good use.. 

I arrived at Thundrbridge Rd. at around 11 am. I thought it would be packed, but there were only about 8 trailers there. Only 2 sleds at restaurant in Kinmount. It was really quiet.

I’ve been in the parry sound area last few days doing some work around cottage and doing some early season riding on the Seguin at the same time and also find it very quiet, was out today around noon and only seen 8 sleds from PS to just east of hwy 11, I know it’s still limited but usually the Seguin is bumper to bumper regardless of the trail status lol, maybe being Christmas weekend has put a damper on people riding.

37 minutes ago, gobills said:

guys its christmas time!!

Perfect time to play with your new toys. Merry Christmas.

12 hours ago, infernobuster said:

So you ran into Hali on rail line?

Yes. Wasn’t too bad 

Not sure who posts for Hali on Facebook but they seem a little testy. 

KSLA groomed the rail trail past my house to get to their 340 trail last night. That part of the rail trail is HCSA territory, I guess KSLA didn't get the not enough snow memo! The fellow posting on HCSA's Facebook is not helpful to their PR.

17 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

KSLA groomed the rail trail past my house to get to their 340 trail last night. That part of the rail trail is HCSA territory, I guess KSLA didn't get the not enough snow memo! The fellow posting on HCSA's Facebook is not helpful to their PR.

I wonder if they got through all the way on the 340? I know they had some troublesome spots which made it challenging last year. 

That trail is a nice Friday night loop, I really like that trail...

We pulled out of our driveway before 8AM and it didn't have a single sled Trac on it. It was only groomed north bound so I know it was KLSA heading to the 340, they must have gotten through as the didn't groom out southbound past my house. Should of taken a picture of the trail, maybe I could of shared it on HCSA's. Facebook!!

Livin'

Well that sounds promising....  Twin Mountains is getting very close as well. 

Guess they didn't get the memo either! LOL

2 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

I wonder if they got through all the way on the 340? I know they had some troublesome spots which made it challenging last year. 

That trail is a nice Friday night loop, I really like that trail...

Your thinking of the B104 Millennium Trail loop back to here Paul, it needs lots of cold, snow and sled packing before a groomer can go through. The 340 was groomed and half decent for the amount the there was, this snow were getting tonight and tomorrow will make things pretty damn good. When you get up here we' can strap my little saw on and take a stomp through the Millennium for KLSC, bound to be some dead fall in there across the trail. 

Edit, just read Pauls post, we'll be damned :-)

2 hours ago, livin' on the b103 said:

We pulled out of our driveway before 8AM and it didn't have a single sled Trac on it. It was only groomed north bound so I know it was KLSA heading to the 340, they must have gotten through as the didn't groom out southbound past my house. Should of taken a picture of the trail, maybe I could of shared it on HCSA's. Facebook!!

Livin'

But KLSC's section of the rail bed only starts at water Paul, it doesn't lead to water LMAO 

Sitting on a plane waiting to fly to Winnipeg, so I thought I'd post again. I was kinda surprised to see them taking on a very wet bush trail, just goes to show you if you try you will succeed! Parking groomers and claiming poor conditions is really not working for HCSA as most clubs directly South are out.

Rick, I regret not getting a pic of the trail in front of my house. How about getting one and sending to me? I have an idea and I have time on my hands!!

LOL!!!

Livin'

Nice little rip from Lindsay to Kinmount this morning with my daughter ...great season opener...Lindsay to Fenelon decent...then a bit thin to Burnt River but great beyond that

25626361_10159822812250392_452691223557603045_o.jpg

Archived