Wasaga Beach/Collingwood just went limited :)

Sneaks

So..Trail guide shows Collingwood and Wasaga area as open limited. 

If accurate, Bet that's going to be a complete zoo this weekend with first riders, so close to the southern population. 

sooooo.....Whose heading there?  :P

(I'm stilll prepping machines, so not me, but hoping this is good sign of things to come.)

We’re starting in singhampton at Mylar & Loretta’s, just taking it easy tomorrow. Breaking in new sleds 

Not Me!

4 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

They’ll get trashed before noon. 

Just like last year, but will give those who just gotta get out a shakedown run... 

They’re actually not that bad, plenty of snow, very few thin areas. Just at Montana’s in collingwood now. 

I think it is great that a club near the GTA has trails that they can show limited.

It helps keep those that would go out anyways with the snow on the ground from tracking across properties that they should not be.....so a win win.

I’m driving up now. Staging at Sunnydale Corners by 745. . If anyone else wants to join me on trails tonight and again early morning let me know. 

I didn't know that they would allow you to stage from there. Are you using the Community Centre lot or the Shell station. Usually when riding in Wasaga I've staged at the Sports Park where the Wasaga club has their Club House and keep the groomer. Klondike Park Rd and Veterans Way.

Happy trails to you...

Blue Mountain was trashed going up and coming down. Wasaga, stayner singhampton etc, all had at least 2’ of powder maybe more. 

E6799F3A-EF33-4AD7-914E-D2CAE2497574.jpeg

really 2' ?? lets see some more pics! i rode near seguin falls today

42 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Blue Mountain was trashed going up and coming down. Wasaga, stayner singhampton etc, all had at least 2’ of powder maybe more. 

hoping to get there Monday if trails hold up

I will be going next week unless the Lindsay rail trail is open. Not sure which day yet. Need to break in new sled.

It’s was lots of fun. Trails were ok. Groomer was working steady. You were right 02Sled; I ended up  staging at Klondike Park Rd and Veterans Way.

Snowing fat flakes the entire time. A dozen people out there,  and only really nice new sleds! That’s me in the parking lot just loading up. 

D04AB2C8-85BA-4A0F-A299-B863482C9BD0.jpeg

Afterwards, I went to my folks place north of Elmvale. On the way, I crossed 7 different parts of the closed trails, all run rampant with tracks already... I doubt it’s all authorized personnel. Some of the tracks merge from sketchy ditch banging. 

Just got checked (in the truck) at an opp ride too, unusual for this area. 

I would guess about 8 times out of 10 that we have ridden in the Wasaga / Elmvale area, either staging at the Sports Park or riding there from Port Severn we have seen OPP out on the trails. We have seen them on C trail near Wyevale, near where C trail crosses hwy 92 and C trail near Phelpston. We have also come across them on 602 in Wasaga. That route takes you in and out of downtown Wasaga. They have also been looking more closely for impaired riders on 602 and C near Phelpston. The other place we have come across them is a bit removed from Elmvale / Wasaga and that is near Mylar and Lorettas  on B111 in Singhampton.

Come to think of it... we have come across more OPP when riding that area than anywhere else.

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

I would guess about 8 times out of 10 that we have ridden in the Wasaga / Elmvale area, either staging at the Sports Park or riding there from Port Severn we have seen OPP out on the trails. We have seen them on C trail near Wyevale, near where C trail crosses hwy 92 and C trail near Phelpston. We have also come across them on 602 in Wasaga. That route takes you in and out of downtown Wasaga. They have also been looking more closely for impaired riders on 602 and C near Phelpston. The other place we have come across them is a bit removed from Elmvale / Wasaga and that is near Mylar and Lorettas  on B111 in Singhampton.

Come to think of it... we have come across more OPP when riding that area than anywhere else.

Completely agree, Every time I've ridden the area Ive come across either officers on sleds or staged at a road crossing. I enjoy the fact there out there so much. Its a great area to ride, good to see them showing some enforcement. 

13 minutes ago, higshemi said:

Completely agree, Every time I've ridden the area Ive come across either officers on sleds or staged at a road crossing. I enjoy the fact there out there so much. Its a great area to ride, good to see them showing some enforcement. 

I agree.  If you have nothing to hide, theres nothing to worry about when you see them..:D

4 hours ago, higshemi said:

I've never had a problem with any of the officers I've come across in the area and welcome their presence. It seemed that unless you were going way over the speed limit, you would slow down as you approached them, they looked to see if you had trail permit and valtag. If you did you got a thumbs up and kept going. If you were way over the speed limit or were missing either the val tag or trail permit you got pulled over and checked for the works.

It's Monday night. Does anybody know how well the yellow coded trails have endured?

Seems a shame not to ride them if they're still ok.

When we left on saturday, they definitely needed grooming and more snow. Not sure the current state though

Archived