OFSC On-line Map Working? Is it just Me?

Laughing Moose

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like all the traffic lights are out in a major city. :lol:

Seriously, if this is the final word about what's legal to run, and what isn't, there's going to be litigation coming. 

I can smell it.

11 hours ago, slowbutsure said:

I appreciate that Yukon C. But it’s still showing open. No gate to the lake so if people run it, the miss information is not good.  How is it human error when mobile shows one message and laptop shows another.   I check regularly but the IT issues with the OFSC the last 60 days have been beyond acceptable.  

I respect the volunteer aspect but it huge dollars for trail pass revenue and issues cost all of us. People give up and the OFSC losses members &/or permit purchases.  Lower revenue costs us all    

544A0BBB-1590-4CBB-BFF7-413FBB03542C.png

I got my info directly from the Groomer coordinator and manager of the island trails. 

I assure you all ice trails are closed and the ITG is working for me as of 10:05am Saturday morning. 

If you would like to have direct contact with the club, anyone of these good people would be happy to here from you..

http://www.portperrysnowmobileclub.com/OurExecutive

Screenshot_20180106-100508.thumb.png.4da63d5d838f771e95f05622b4fe2759.png

working for me now. But wasn't from 8am-10am for me. on Chrome, Edge, or mobile.  anyway, hopefully that's not a recurring thing

2 hours ago, stoney said:

I do not know if this has been mentioned, but is there no longer the indication of the number of km open for riding like there used to be on the ITG?

I think it has but if not just one more deficiency to be added to the already extensive list.

Opened an email from the OFSC that was sent out last evening "Important Message from the OFSC"  at bottom of message is button "Click Here to Check Trail Status".  Proceed to click and the ITG opens and no trails are visible.  Incredible that they suggest you check the tool they provide and it does not work, could they set themselves up any better for ridicule of the tool that they launched this year. 

Down again ,wanted to make sure Cochrane still has a good amount open to do some planning ,have to look for Kenny on FB to get real life updates 

It's working now.

Was hoping to give weekend motel (trail map sponsor) a timely lead time if cancellation needed - but no conditions or trails on IT map. It's not just the sledders who are inconvenienced here.

If they had any sense they would admit the current ITG is a failure, back out of it, revert to the old tool and stay with it until they have a better alternative that is properly tested and stable. Not a work in progress 

1 hour ago, zoso said:

ITG has trails listed as closed, so closed in fact, they are just one big red blob.itg.thumb.JPG.14048d8c8b4fa747415b7dc6ca6276a9.JPG

I just checked itg. Its working for me. Except all trails are red.

12 hours ago, 02Sled said:

If they had any sense they would admit the current ITG is a failure, back out of it, revert to the old tool and stay with it until they have a better alternative that is properly tested and stable. Not a work in progress 

02sled, the real problem is there is no contingency or back up plan. Just like the on-line permit system, if it fails there is nothing. No old system to go back to. Not even a contingency plan to have clubs/districts provide trail status via websites or FB. You have to wonder about liability issues when your only trail status tool does not work.

22 minutes ago, Big Pete said:

02sled, the real problem is there is no contingency or back up plan. Just like the on-line permit system, if it fails there is nothing. No old system to go back to. Not even a contingency plan to have clubs/districts provide trail status via websites or FB. You have to wonder about liability issues when your only trail status tool does not work.

Funny that liability was the reason sighted when the told clubs to stop reporting on their own. 

Archived