OFSC On-line Map Working? Is it just Me?

Laughing Moose

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think being techy is not a strong trait for the folks at OSFC... usually doesn't mesh well with the sledding crowd.. they need to hire some tech folks... especially for their website too *facepalm*

It was all over the place last night, no trails, network view, trail status. 

On the Up side, Carleton Regional just East of me has gone yellow,  as well as Riverside about an hour South. 

This might relieve some of the pressure on the local trails, as yet, in-opened. 

Now if it would just warm up a bit!

not sure where near manotick you are mike im showing yellow just south of you around Oxford mills now too.

Keeping an eye on developments. 

Looks like they're opening around Hallville as well.  I guess it beats trying to chase down all the sledders that have been out for the last 10 days or so. 

If tomorrow's weather comes according to plan, I'll be out for a (legal...) tour! -16 is fine, -20 and below, I'll stay home, at least at this time of year. 

I'm not acclimatised, and Mr. Sled hasn't had a real shakedown run yet either. 

21 hours ago, Pstn head said:

Yup, no more trails, non existent, boy o boy I wish we had options. Hey does that 1-800-Ontario trail conditions # still work ? I might give that a try. Ohhh the good old days... 

Isn't it a terrible thought that sometime down the road, we will think that this IS the good old days.

9 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Isn't it a terrible thought that sometime down the road, we will think that this IS the good old days.

I do remember the good old days, 88/89 is when I started.

on a 72 Polaris TX 340

29 minutes ago, soupkids said:

I do remember the good old days, 88/89 is when I started.

on a 72 Polaris TX 340

I remember the good old days as well. Brand new 67 Snow Cruiser in the 66/67 season. As well we were playing with a 61 Ski-doo and a 61 Snowbug. Deep snow and damn cold. My wife's family had a 67 Super Olympique 16 horse. I was always fixing that thing.

I rode the 72 for about a month then bought 88 indy sport 340.

Put over 15 k miles on it before I sold it.

16 minutes ago, soupkids said:

I rode the 72 for about a month then bought 88 indy sport 340.

Put over 15 k miles on it before I sold it.

You must have thought you died and went to heaven when you first through a leg over that indy. our first ride was one dad bought new, a 1969 ski whiz. The best part about that sled was the electric start, at 4 years old I could not pull it over and was turned loose on it while dad and uncle killed soldiers by the fire.

I'm still not convinced.  I checked on phone and see the trail on Scugog Lake is yellow.  I was surprised so I double checked on the laptop closed.

Which is it?   

Laptop screen shot.....

image.png.16ca86756138734963d668a21536162f.png

Phone screen shot.....

image.png.ab31149c93b741f121c2ae0f4f5498dc.png

Like to plan before I go out and I wont ride on closed trails.

Need to get a consistent message.  

This may become a liability issue if the OFSC  don't get this map issue straighten out. How can you trust anything displayed on the map? Verification of the status of a trail is going to put unnecessary pressure on the local clubs to answer each and every inquiry about their trails.

Jerry

3 hours ago, slowbutsure said:

I'm still not convinced.  I checked on phone and see the trail on Scugog Lake is yellow.  I was surprised so I double checked on the laptop closed.

Which is it?   

Laptop screen shot.....

image.png.16ca86756138734963d668a21536162f.png

Phone screen shot.....

image.png.ab31149c93b741f121c2ae0f4f5498dc.png

Like to plan before I go out and I wont ride on closed trails.

Need to get a consistent message.  

It got opened by mistake, human error. It has since been corrected. 

All ice trails remain closed.

Thank you for respecting the closed trails...

I appreciate that Yukon C. But it’s still showing open. No gate to the lake so if people run it, the miss information is not good.  How is it human error when mobile shows one message and laptop shows another.   I check regularly but the IT issues with the OFSC the last 60 days have been beyond acceptable.  

I respect the volunteer aspect but it huge dollars for trail pass revenue and issues cost all of us. People give up and the OFSC losses members &/or permit purchases.  Lower revenue costs us all    

544A0BBB-1590-4CBB-BFF7-413FBB03542C.png

Its 11:04 pm and I see the trails red across the lake. Maybe its been updated again or could you phone be caching old data?

Jerry

same here i was up at 3:30 don't ask me why i haven't a clue probably too much sleep getting rid of the cold i had anyway it's been down since then.

Same...

No trails, no condition :(

May be this is summer version of software and designed for Florida:D 

Yup ,down again ,I took a pic of it with my phone yesterday when it was up so I would at least be close to knowing what’s up today to plan a little ride ,I’m sure it will be worked out by April ,dumb question again why did they change it FFS

This system is terrible.  Not showing a thing now.

12 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

Yup ,down again ,I took a pic of it with my phone yesterday when it was up so I would at least be close to knowing what’s up today to plan a little ride ,I’m sure it will be worked out by April ,dumb question again why did they change it FFS

Someone lining their pockets.

1 hour ago, andreyboater said:

Same...

No trails, no condition :(

May be this is summer version of software and designed for Florida:D 

It could be. Have you noticed the search tool defaults to searching the US first

Archived