Aubrey Falls - Black Creek

Dan-Senior

X2 that’s definitely not the washout we know...

I also had doubts of which washout on the D201F.  Since it was noted on the FB news feed by the club member as being on the D201F and I did not remember other 2 culvert bridge area which could have washed out I was thinking part of it was fixed and covered while the other portion still not able to be covered.

I had heard about other washouts, but on the main D Trail not the D201F.  One picture in the group was at the junction of the Domtar with the Whitman Dam Road.  If not the big washout, then was it on the D Trail rather than as stated on the D201F, or just another big issue caused by heavy rains somewhere along the D201F?

In any case, the volunteers worked very hard to try and mend a part of the trail system.  Perhaps the same type of mend could be done at the big washout? 

A big thanks for all the efforts!  I guess I will find out where this really is in about a month.

X3 definitely a different washout. 

1 hour ago, AC+YA said:

Perhaps the same type of mend could be done at the big washout? 

The pictures of the big washout indicate the culverts have moved downstream. They look like they are heavy culverts and would take a pretty large machine to move them back in place IMHO.. That would mean getting an excavator or something similar a long way into the bush to help in the repair. An expensive procedure I would think. Trying to do a repair without moving the culverts back and doing it properly would be a small band aid short term repair on a washout this bad. It becomes a cost vs. return decision. Easy one for us to way in on but we don't have to worry about the cost. 

Yes, it's a new washout.  Here's the link below.  The old one is still the same.  It takes almost 3 hours to get in there from the Sault, then another  3 to get home.  So damn far.  Doesn't leave much time and with so many regulations, your hands are tied in terms of repairs.

Hats-off to the hard-working gentlemen from the Sault Trailblazers.  A handful went back up to the Domtar (D201F) again this week and worked their butts off.

Some of the new photos I seen today show tremendous gains against some of those washouts.

I bow to those dedicated gentlemen while many of us sit at home enjoying the warm temperatures in comfort.

• 1 month later...

We did a sled run up to Aubrey Falls Trading Post & Black Creek Outfitters.  No problems with snow-depth.  Came in from the D106 (South-west).  Video attached.

34 minutes ago, Polaris1 said:

According to the interactive map,Black Creek to Halfway Haven is 190 km. Is that accurate?

Sounds about right another 60 km's to wawa. Call black creek and or Aubrey falls ahead and check on fuel and operating times. Three years ago I got last of fuel supply. Truck came in later that day, but would throw a wrench into your day, if you had that happen. 

viper SHUT UP!! again you are spewing crap you think you know about, (and show that you don't) and are providing FALSE INFORMATION. YOU ARE GOING TO GET SOMEONE IN A PICKLE.

halfway to wawa is 70-80 MILES (depending on route, offtrail excursions, and site seeing). Searchmont to halfway is 90 MILES. I haven't rode the d201f so I wont comment on the miles, and let someone who has it written down, and documented, chime in so the question can get answered by the best information available. dan or AC/YA will see this and answer your question P1, don't listen to viper. Ski

8 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Sounds about right another 60 km's to wawa. Call black creek and or Aubrey falls ahead and check on fuel and operating times. Three years ago I got last of fuel supply. Truck came in later that day, but would throw a wrench into your day, if you had that happen. 

Funny, I rode halfway to wawa twice last weekend and it was 120km for me, each way.  Your going get someone in trouble posting numbers that are half of reality.  

24 minutes ago, FishHog said:

Funny, I rode halfway to wawa twice last weekend and it was 120km for me, each way.  Your going get someone in trouble posting numbers that are half of reality.  

You are right, I thought it was allot less. Must have been dub to wawa that was 60 km's. So that makes Elliot lake 420 km's from town to wawa and another 60 to dub? 

Hope to do this trip in march. So heads up planning helps. 

again... STOP GUESSING ON MILEAGE, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? I swear you just like to see the words you type, even if it is wrong information, and could potentially get someone hurt, or in trouble. 

It is 45 MILES from dub to hawk junction... then another 10-15 MILES depending on route to wawa. hell wawa lake itself is almost 5 miles long. just step away from the keyboard when people are asking for things you know nothing about. stick to chickens, and be done with it. "you are killing me, smalls"

Ski

12 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

again... STOP GUESSING ON MILEAGE, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? I swear you just like to see the words you type, even if it is wrong information, and could potentially get someone hurt, or in trouble. 

It is 45 MILES from dub to hawk junction... then another 10-15 MILES depending on route to wawa. hell wawa lake itself is almost 5 miles long. just step away from the keyboard when people are asking for things you know nothing about. stick to chickens, and be done with it. "you are killing me, smalls"

Ski

You are right, no more asumming things. Thanks for correction, helps with my trip planning for march. 

Thanks ski for finally telling someone to do something about their verbal diarrhea. LMFAO..

Please if you have no f....g clue to as what your talking about, do not reply with bs answers.. 

As mark twain once said, its better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, then to open it and remove all doubt..:rotflmao:

12 hours ago, traNsplantEdneWFie said:

I read people talking in km's and miles.  That could make a huge difference.

Yes but when the person states that it is miles or km's that should be all that's needed for the reader to calculate to the other measure.

Archived