Let's see some pictures of snow!!

Baylaker

I went out thismorning and had 5 properties left when the drive belt on my blower jumped off for the second time....first time I managed to get it back on...yes twice thismornin. So I had to finish with the shovel which sucked big time! Good thing it was fluffy. Fought with it for half hour and then gave up. Before that I gobbled up a stone the size of a softball.... and then was driving down the road and had another contractor back out right infront of me....I had to go into oncoming traffic, thankfully nobody else was on the streets at the time..laid on the horn...but he obviously didn’t even know! Yeah it was a great Christmas morning. Finally got the plow hooked up and working, thanks to the girlfriends dad! I’m horrible with electrical...

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly White-Outs in Sault Ste. Marie today from Lake Effect Snow.  Photo taken at 5 pm, Christmas Day.

whiteouts.jpg

21 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

That sucks

Snow was real light. We are going to need a major dumping to get trail system started. With cold this week, probability won't get snow we need this week, until it warms up by next weekend. I hope we don't get a Jan thaw or we will never get going. 

42 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Snow was real light. We are going to need a major dumping to get trail system started. With cold this week, probability won't get snow we need this week, until it warms up by next weekend. I hope we don't get a Jan thaw or we will never get going. 

Was real light fluff here in the city too. There’s 12” on my tonneau cover that’s out back taken off of the truck. Needs some heavy snow for sure. 

49 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

Was real light fluff here in the city too. There’s 12” on my tonneau cover that’s out back taken off of the truck. Needs some heavy snow for sure. 

Sounds like you got 7 inches more then us. 

Eastern Ontario...The picture  accumulation up until the 23rd. 15cm fell last night to add to what is about 1 foot with a nice crust of 3 inches on the bottom of it. Ran the roads and some fields again last night before the plows took it down. The good news is, all the side roads are still covered with enough to protect the carbides. Club cannot get groomers into swamps yet, but soon if the forecast for negative double digit highs and lows down to -28 hold up and are real. I think we will see many groomers out on the 27th and lots of trails opening right across the province.DSCF5484.thumb.JPG.ac4d888940153b5b02d8297ffa661f6e.JPG

41 minutes ago, zoso said:

Eastern Ontario...The picture  accumulation up until the 23rd. 15cm fell last night to add to what is about 1 foot with a nice crust of 3 inches on the bottom of it. Ran the roads and some fields again last night before the plows took it down. The good news is, all the side roads are still covered with enough to protect the carbides. Club cannot get groomers into swamps yet, but soon if the forecast for negative double digit highs and lows down to -28 hold up and are real. I think we will see many groomers out on the 27th and lots of trails opening right across the province.DSCF5484.thumb.JPG.ac4d888940153b5b02d8297ffa661f6e.JPG

I am ready to trailer, since you guys are a few weeks ahead of us. 

6 hours ago, zoso said:

You should not have to go too far to find good riding in the very near future.

I hope you are right so far Barrie is closest at just over 2 hours if roads are accident free. 

Here ya go boys! Penetang got dumped on last night. And are supposedly in for another 12-18” tonight! My buddy said he hasn’t seen so much up there in years. My brothers truck at my dads cottage.

BE551F1B-9350-47A5-A103-CA53C2D7C366.jpeg

39BE5E43-EC36-4858-AC87-C988A15CE51E.jpeg

Keep an eye out for 2 manta green 850s and 1 all black 850...maybe see ya out there IQ

Drove from home to Toronto today, Wife has an appointment  at Sunnybrook  in the morning.

Kinda sketchy  from honey harbor  to Barrie.

6 hours ago, soupkids said:

Drove from home to Toronto today, Wife has an appointment  at Sunnybrook  in the morning.

Kinda sketchy  from honey harbor  to Barrie.

Not sure where you are staying or how familiar you are with accessing Sunnybrook, but you are far better driving south on Leslie St. going west on Eglington for a few blocks, then north on Bayview  to the hospital entrances. Bayview slows to 40 kph plus a bunch of calming zones which results in a traffic mess going south say from 401 or 407. Have credit card ready for parking.

2 hours ago, slomo said:

Not sure where you are staying or how familiar you are with accessing Sunnybrook, but you are far better driving south on Leslie St. going west on Eglington for a few blocks, then north on Bayview  to the hospital entrances. Bayview slows to 40 kph plus a bunch of calming zones which results in a traffic mess going south say from 401 or 407. Have credit card ready for parking.

We are staying at the BW Roehampton, 2 k away from Sunnybrook.

Going to leave the car parked at the hotel and take a cab.

17 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Will doo. One mxz x black and red 850, one 850 blizzard and a black 1200 here..

Have a great time guys!! looking forward to seeing your pics...

Three more days till we leave for Quebec, the wait is killing me.

There's White Christmas. And then there's Whiteout Christmas.

Erie, Pennsylvania, experienced the latter on Monday, when a total of 34 inches of snow fell on Christmas Day, blanketing the city and shattering the city's previous records for snowfall in a single day. The snowfall total was more than four times the city's previous all-time Christmas record of 8.1 inches, and it also broke the record for most snowfall in one day in the city's history, which was 20 inches on November 22, 1956.
The snow didn't stop overnight, either. Erie picked up another 24.5 inches of snow on Tuesday, bringing the two-day tally to 58.5 inches. That is the highest two-day snowfall total in the entire state of Pennsylvania,

21 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

There's White Christmas. And then there's Whiteout Christmas.

Erie, Pennsylvania, experienced the latter on Monday, when a total of 34 inches of snow fell on Christmas Day, blanketing the city and shattering the city's previous records for snowfall in a single day. The snowfall total was more than four times the city's previous all-time Christmas record of 8.1 inches, and it also broke the record for most snowfall in one day in the city's history, which was 20 inches on November 22, 1956.
The snow didn't stop overnight, either. Erie picked up another 24.5 inches of snow on Tuesday, bringing the two-day tally to 58.5 inches. That is the highest two-day snowfall total in the entire state of Pennsylvania,

global warming i guess:o

Archived