Insurance quotes?

Baylaker

So I'm just wondering who has their sled insured by itself...no house, auto, etc on the policy. And what do you pay for the year, coverage and through what company or broker? 

Is there any companies specifically just gor sledders? I have my waverunner insured with a company out of Barrie that caters to boaters. It's Aviva. Thanks guys

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just insured my 17 zr 7000 at TD Meloche Monnex for $513. including tax. I only insure sled with them. My last company wanted $1050.

Ya TD wants $550 or so for my new 18'. But I'd like to see if I could find something a little cheaper

We have our two 2015 sleds with TD Meloche Monnex but they also have everything else. I found that if I started splitting everything up, house, trucks, boats, RV, horse trailer, sleds, sled trailer I could save a bit on one or two and pay more on others. The net result would be that we are spending a lot more in total splitting things up. We are $317 a year for each of them but we don't have collision. We are covered for liability, fire, theft, going through the ice etc.

Normally I would bundle all my stuff, but Allstate wants WAY too much...like over a $1000. 

TD for sleds and atv only. TD was cheapest that I found. Everything else except seadoos is with Intact and Intact wanted twice as much as TD for the sleds.

Ya intact wanted around $900...

I agree with O2, I've tried shopping around and splitting stuff up, but the grand total always comes up to being more expensive.

We have everything with co-operators, Sledsx3, ATV, 5th wheel, 4 vehicles, sled trailer and house.

11 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

About 500 a year full coverage with Dejardin ins on its own. 

When you think about it there must be an awful lot of insurance claims for snowmobiles to have such premiums. If you think of $10K as a  sled value for a total write off. You're paying about 5% of the full value of the sled as an insurance premium for a season that typically lasts about 3 months (Jan - Mar) 15 weeks and for most people weekends only.  For most people that's about 30 days of insurance risk exposure. (I know there are many here that do far more but insurance is based on averages and there is a risk exposure for fire and theft in the off season but it is very small in comparison.) So $500 over 30 days is about $16.50 per day of riding for most.

6 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

When you think about it there must be an awful lot of insurance claims for snowmobiles to have such premiums. If you think of $10K as a  sled value for a total write off. You're paying about 5% of the full value of the sled as an insurance premium for a season that typically lasts about 3 months (Jan - Mar) 15 weeks and for most people weekends only.  For most people that's about 30 days of insurance risk exposure. (I know there are many here that do far more but insurance is based on averages and there is a risk exposure for fire and theft in the off season but it is very small in comparison.) So $500 over 30 days is about $16.50 per day of riding for most.

You Gotta Pay to Play

My new to me 2016 Vector LTX (insured at $10,000 value) with the optional Medical, Rehab & attendant care+ Optional Catastrophic impairment coverage's and $500.00 deductible for all perils is $526.00 + tax through TD Insurance. Only have the 2 sleds insured by them.

36 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You Gotta Pay to Play

Indeed you do... I was just thinking of it in relativity to what I pay for insurance on the boat which has a much higher value and many more days of use.

Sea doos are about the same as sleds to insure. Boats are a bit more reasonable. It seems all toys have high insurance rates. As has been said, you gotta pay to play.

9 hours ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

TD for my '16 Axys 800, just a hair over $500 for full coverage.

Same here.  1000 deduct. Collision. Accident benefits upgraded.  Stand alone policy for sleds

46 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

Sea doos are about the same as sleds to insure. Boats are a bit more reasonable. It seems all toys have high insurance rates. As has been said, you gotta pay to play.

My 2017 waverunner is only $330 through aviva which I thought was pretty good. I don't mind paying $550 for the sled, but I'd like to find something cheaper.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-10-29 at 8:27 PM, jrhz06 said:

Not so much damage to boats..not so many trees to run into.  other than props and its always your buddy that takes them out.lol

TD Melloche have all of our products with them though... $290 full coverage but put value below 10k to save a few bucks...

Intact $120 for 2003 grand touring 380

Desjardin  $150 for 2009 Touring SE 1200

Liability only

TD Meloche Monnex $332 incl. tax for everything but collision on 2015 Cat ZR7000

Can everyone posting their Insurance cost also post whats your deductible if you have the coverage? you can change your cost of you increase your deductible. Mine is $300 deductible but I pay $600 year 2013 apex. I feel I pay to much with TD and all your input makes we think I should shop around some more.Thanks

Archived