Finally brought it home!

Baylaker

4 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You mean your 2002 Yamaha?

It was an 03 actually. After fiddling with it for two seasons,  I removed the no action and put in an ad bovin zx2. It was a huge improvement in ride comfort and put the sled on par with other makes of the same era. . It was one of the reasons,  I still got 3 k for the sled with 18,000 Km's on the clock. Never touched the motor or clutches, Yamaha did build those triples right though. 

25 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I still got 3 k for the sled with 18,000 Km's on the clock.

That's only 11,250 miles.  You call that a lot ?

BP

My wife's 600 H.O. Rev has more than that and it'll get another 3k minimum this season, God willing ....

13 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

It was an 03 actually. After fiddling with it for two seasons,  I removed the no action and put in an ad bovin zx2. It was a huge improvement in ride comfort and put the sled on par with other makes of the same era. . It was one of the reasons,  I still got 3 k for the sled with 18,000 Km's on the clock. Never touched the motor or clutches, Yamaha did build those triples right though. 

I was just going  by your profile which lists your Viper as a 2002. Hardly fair IMHO to compare that sled suspension to the Suspensions provided by Yamaha in the last few years IMHO.

That is a wickedly nice looking sled. I agree with your comments about Larry's Small Engine. I am still waiting for my new sled to arrive, but I have dealt with them over the summer for parts and accessories for my Can-am and I have been very happy with their level of service.

Carmen

5 minutes ago, Redfire427 said:

That is a wickedly nice looking sled. I agree with your comments about Larry's Small Engine. I am still waiting for my new sled to arrive, but I have dealt with them over the summer for parts and accessories for my Can-am and I have been very happy with their level of service.

Carmen

Did you purchase your new sled at larrys as well? 

Yes, I did. I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

Archived