Finally brought it home!

Baylaker

My buddy and I picked up our new sleds yesterday at larrys small engines. Blake, Larry and the crew are excellent to deal with by the way. I haven't experienced that kind of customer service in a very long time. They'll always have my business. 

Now the wait begins. Bring on the snow! Hopefully the ride is as good as everyone says it is. My first skidoo ever. I've always had a Yamaha so this is all new to me. Even had to ask my buddy how to start the thing hahaha. Here's a few pictures...

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks man, it's even better in person. Never had one at the sneak peek in Barrie, or the sled show in Toronto, it was a long wait..but well worth the wait!

Great stuff!! congrats 

That's a sweet looking sled. Congrats to you and your buddy and welcome to the ski doo family. 

Nice looking sled!

6 hours ago, schmied said:

Sharp looking machine!  Do you and your buddy have matching sleds or is his a little different?

Same sleds, different accessories 

40 minutes ago, Old Sledder said:

Nice!

So what made you move from Yammy to Doo

I didn't like the arctic cat quality on the viper and I wanted something with better suspension and a lighter sled.

You will love that Sled. I assume it is an 850 Etec.   R motion is a very good ride and easy to adjust (that is where Yamaha always lacked I found).  I see you got the other ski's too. Are those single carbide and can you add a second runner? I got the Tps ski's last year, some people hate them though. Enjoy the sled, I'am sure you will be very happy with it.

May want to throw a litre of extra oil in the trunk just in case. 800's use to be thirsty upon break in, not sure about the 850's.

54 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

that is where Yamaha always lacked I found

You mean your 2002 Yamaha?

55 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

You will love that Sled. I assume it is an 850 Etec.   R motion is a very good ride and easy to adjust (that is where Yamaha always lacked I found).  I see you got the other ski's too. Are those single carbide and can you add a second runner? I got the Tps ski's last year, some people hate them though. Enjoy the sled, I'am sure you will be very happy with it.

May want to throw a litre of extra oil in the trunk just in case. 800's use to be thirsty upon break in, not sure about the 850's.

Yamaha has always had crappy suspension, that's why they teamed up with arctic cat. The quality just isn't there imo.

Baylaker, congats on a great looking sled.

Interesting that you moved away from the Yamaha Viper. I've also been less than thrilled with my Viper, although the 'Cat frame / suspension was one of the features I liked. 

We'll have to modify your avatar :razz:. 

Happy trails.

16 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Baylaker, congats on a great looking sled.

Interesting that you moved away from the Yamaha Viper. I've also been less than thrilled with my Viper, although the 'Cat frame / suspension was one of the features I liked. 

We'll have to modify your avatar :razz:. 

Happy trails.

Thanks Canuck! 

Ive always loved my Yamaha's, and the cat suspension was really nice don't get me wrong...but I thought hey, if guys are putting on between 10-15k kilometres trouble free on this new 850 then maybe skidoos claim of 4 stroke reliability could be true. Still too early to tell though. 

I definitly need a new avatar, let's just say it's in the works lol

4 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Thanks Canuck! 

Ive always loved my Yamaha's, and the cat suspension was really nice don't get me wrong...but I thought hey, if guys are putting on between 10-15k kilometres trouble free on this new 850 then maybe skidoos claim of 4 stroke reliability could be true. Still too early to tell though. 

I definitly need a new avatar, let's just say it's in the works lol

10-15k??

Poncho couldn't get 2k on his before it needed a motor. And was eating a belt every 800 km if I recall. Seemed to do alright chasing the kitty but like any dog it gave up after awhile. Lol sorry had too.

Great looking sled, there's no doubt skidoo builds them pretty damn good. 

Very nice sled,hopefully i will see you on the trails down south this winter

3 minutes ago, reevester said:

10-15k??

Poncho couldn't get 2k on his before it needed a motor. And was eating a belt every 800 km if I recall. Seemed to do alright chasing the kitty but like any dog it gave up after awhile. Lol sorry had too.

Great looking sled, there's no doubt skidoo builds them pretty damn good. 

Yes there's been lots of guys putting on over 10k and one guy in Quebec with just over 15k...trouble free. I know a lot of the guys out west with the mountain sleds are blowing belts left right and center because they are always operating at higher rpms. 

Supposedly there's been a ton of those manta green & black renegades that have been spring ordered

6 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Yes there's been lots of guys putting on over 10k and one guy in Quebec with just over 15k...trouble free. I know a lot of the guys out west with the mountain sleds are blowing belts left right and center because they are always operating at higher rpms. 

Yeah I know another guy who rides in revelstoke and he had issues all year. Always going to be issues and lemons the first year of a new motor and chassis. Should see a lot of 850s this season I bet. 

Oh yeah forsure, I must say I've always HATED skidoo. But I'm pretty impressed with this sled. I haven't really looked it over yet...still sitting in the trailer. But from what I've seen so far the fit & finish is on par with Yamaha's, if not better.

12 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Oh yeah forsure, I must say I've always HATED skidoo. But I'm pretty impressed with this sled. I haven't really looked it over yet...still sitting in the trailer. But from what I've seen so far the fit & finish is on par with Yamaha's, if not better.

They definitely have the best fit and finish. 

7 minutes ago, gobills said:

ill give them a close second to Polaris fit and finishB)

I'm tightening bolts on nunz or Karen's sled every time we go out. :blink:

Archived