Geraldton/Greenstone Reconnected

revrnd

8 hours ago, Ox said:

It's interesting that the newly opened trail up top is not a skidoo trail anymore tho.

... and there's more Frenchies in that area than anywhere else in the province too!

Who'duh thunk?

Um, would you mind carefully elaborating on the above, parce que on est une crisse de trolley de francophones ici, et on a la patience tres courte pour certains indescretions a notre sujet ....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, matt17 said:

Looks like you had a good trip.  I passed you guys about 30 km south of Hornepayne, solo rider on a Summit with a shovel strapped to the back, probably stuck out like a sore thumb :D .  

Denis and I have discussed trying to do the trip to Longlac at some point this year too, quick one day trip though, meet at warmup hut, ride to longlac and return.  I feel like my problem will be resisting the urge to burn excess gas taking the direct route up some of those gullies.  

Trying to tell by the picture, did you meet our groomer at the river?  

Hi Matt,

Yes, I saw you and Luc confirmed it was you when we stopped.  The groomer was at the river as shown in Canuck's picture. 

Of all the trails I rode last week and almost all were in great shape, the Hornepayne  trails were groomed the best and what I would call 100% perfect!  Great job by your club!

The trail to Longlac is a fantastic ride.  It was about 103 miles from your warming hut at Hyw 11 to gas at Longlac.  It is a fast trail and many many places for long tracks to play and burn fuel.  Bring extra and have a fast trip with a bit of extra play time. I am going back with Paige ASAP.

Thanks

Scott

15 hours ago, revrnd said:

Nice little report!

When we did the Greenstone Loop, we were running 2 stokes. Topped up in Calstock & Klotz Lake. Any idea how much gas you had when you rolled into Longlac?

We did the loop north to Nakina in the morning, filled up in Longlac before heading for M'wadge. 

How many seasons was the trail open thru to Marathon?

When I got into Longlac, coming from Calstock, I had only a couple gallons left in my tank and had not added any fuel.  I also played a bit and doubled back to check on my bud who was riding the SkiDoo 850.  He had stopped to put fuel in.  I went back about 5 miles so I added a good 10 miles to my trip.

On the return trip which was a 158 mile distance, I added 2 gallons and arrived with over 2 gallons left after hammering the throttle most of the way from Hwy 11 to the Esso in Hornepayne.

My fuel gauge showed just under a quarter tank when I got there.  After dumping the 2 gallons at the warm up, my gauge showed about 3/4 full again.  I did take it easy most of the way back until Hwy 11.

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Um, would you mind carefully elaborating on the above, parce que on est une crisse de trolley de francophones ici, et on a la patience tres courte pour certains indescretions a notre sujet ....

Looks like the Yankees are taking over, and no respect given to the home team anymore?

043FECC3-DBE1-41DD-9165-AFC3EF10312C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ox said:

Looks like the Yankees are taking over, and no respect given to the home team anymore?

043FECC3-DBE1-41DD-9165-AFC3EF10312C.jpeg

I get what you meant now.

I thought it odd to see that sign, so I had to take the picture.  May have to be local to understand the meaning behind it. 

Archived