Lighthouse Restaurant on C trail near Parry Sound under new ownership

Blake G

The Lighthouse Restaurant on C trail south of Parry Sound is under new ownership. The new owner - "Melanie" - is interested in continuing to welcome snowmobilers:

"as always, everyone is welcome to park..unload trucks and trailers etc. at the restaurant"

The photo show the front parking lot. There is also a large lot behind the restaurant.

Their new email address is lighthouserestaurant@outlook.com

lighthouse4.jpg

lighthouse3.jpg

lighthouse2b.jpg

lighthouse2.jpg

That would be a very convenient place to stage from . Thx Blake

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If we get decent snow in our area this season you should see some good traffic.Might want to look into if you can put sigh out on trial

right across from your place.You definitely have a lot of room for sledder in your lot and no road running.

The Lighthouse is south of the former 'welcome centre' Petro Canada (odd how no-one feels welcome there anymore). Right on the trail., as mentioned above. 

Welcome aboard, Melanie.

Slomo..you'd eat a burger for breakfast, I think :-P . Keep up the good work, galloping gourmet.

Just a thought, I know the shoulder seasons are hard but a lot of people like breakfast me included. I notice that theres no breakfast menu nor does it look like they are open in the early mornings. Some sledders would maybe like to start off from this location, have breakfast and head out. they would be missing out on this in my opinion. 

On 10/17/2017 at 8:50 AM, Canuck said:

Slomo..you'd eat a burger for breakfast, I think :-P . Keep up the good work, galloping gourmet.

They are called breakfast burgers for a good reason....

59e761c926d67_breakfastburger.jpg.928cb16e5685585dffb0c63394239a99.jpg

See how many of Canada Food Guide's healthy diet suggestions you can find - pretty well all of them as far as I can see.

15 hours ago, SuperG said:

Just a thought, I know the shoulder seasons are hard but a lot of people like breakfast me included. I notice that theres no breakfast menu nor does it look like they are open in the early mornings. Some sledders would maybe like to start off from this location, have breakfast and head out. they would be missing out on this in my opinion. 

Perhaps or likely they had breakfast before they left home and will get dinner when they get back 

• 2 months later...

I drove past the Lighthouse Restaurant on Saturday. The place was closed and the driveway looked as though it hadn't been plowed this season. Looks as though the place has shut down.....

9 hours ago, Blake G said:

I drove past the Lighthouse Restaurant on Saturday. The place was closed and the driveway looked as though it hadn't been plowed this season. Looks as though the place has shut down.....

Thanks for update. Not much parking left besides the lot that wild bill said. Forget where that is now. 

Archived