Hi,

Last year my 2011 Ski-Doo MXZ TNT 600 etec got squished by a sanding truck.  I was leading on the RAP tour and the B trail cut through some logging operations for about 800m (near Paugh Lake).  I came around the corner and a sanding truck was absolutely flying down my side of the road.  I was stopped standing still and just watch this truck approach me.  He tried to get over but he couldn't do it in time.  I jumped off the sled and watched my favourite toy get crushed.  

I was literally doing less than 20 km/hr as I came around the corner and hugging the bank.  The only thing that saved me was I could see it happen a few seconds before it did and was able to jump off.  After the fact the guy literally said, "Oh I didn't think there were anymore in the group".  For some reason people think if one group passes you it will be another 10 or 15 minutes before the next group comes.  

Anyways, we (not just me, but the entire group) were lucky not to be injured that day.  I was fortunate to have collision on my sled as the police officer ruled the accident as "No Fault".  I really can't blame the officer, its pretty hard to conclude a lot when its a narrow road and not any witnesses.  

Now I am looking to buy to another 600 etec.  I really don't want to go brand new ($$$$$), so I am looking for 2009-2017 with under 5000 kilometers.  

One last thing, be safe out there folks.  I was hugging the corner, travelling at the speed of a snail and I almost got squished.  If I had been going quick, or not on the shoulder I do not think I would have walked away from that incident. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

That'll buff out ......... :D

Call my boss if you don't mind getting a  sled up North.... we've got a coupla renegades around that mileage, one  with a fresh top end.

705 362 8900 ask for Sebastien. 

Archived