Trail damage

snocrazy

Someone decided to destroy a gate on the B103 between Sunderland and Georgina. This trail is on PRIVATE property! This is an ongoing issue and has put this section of trail in jeopardy. Our volunteers are in the process of preparing a solution to ensure we can maintain this trail, and the relationship with the landowner. 

IMG_9623.JPG

IMG_9624.JPG

Thanks snocrazy  yes this is a major issue we are dealing with due to private land owner abuse  , thanks to some fantastic volunteers who worked all weekend to help with the damage things are looking much more positive with the land owner.It will only take one more issue to close this trail . 

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:27 PM, 800r said:

Thanks snocrazy  yes this is a major issue we are dealing with due to private land owner abuse  , thanks to some fantastic volunteers who worked all weekend to help with the damage things are looking much more positive with the land owner.It will only take one more issue to close this trail . 

It is a shame people don't respect private property. Some people think government makes way for the snowmobile trail and they believe they should have access too, because they pay taxes as well. Last year I seen people at township office in baden with metal dectors and shovels. They were walking around Castle Kilbride grounds in baden n and digging up the lawn, when they think they found something worth while to dig up. Apparantly they found a few older coins, when I was talking to them. I asked them if they do this often and they replied it is city owned property and they pay taxes too, so they can do what they want essential. They had fairly high tech equipment.

Archived