October 20-22 - Dates Set for Toronto Snowmobile, ATV and Powersports Show

Canuck

I live in GTA. Find that it's an unofficial start to the season. Usually go on opening day. 

Great place if you know what you need, ready to purchase (usually accessories). 

Never found the actual OEM snowmobile displays helpful. Can't put my finger on it, but suspect that if you're in one camp (i.e. team Blue) and venture over to Eat Shit Blvd (oh, let's say Polaris) ... you're surrounded by folks who've consumed the kool-aid. Tough to discuss the advantages of a sawed off sled (oh, let's say Polaris) when you're in a Yamaha jacket and the Polaris riders ask how your hernia is healing.

28 minutes ago, Canuck said:

I live in GTA. Find that it's an unofficial start to the season. Usually go on opening day. 

I know what your saying and was actually poking the bear a bit to see if I could get this place going.

That being said I get into the show and within 15 minutes I'm usually dying to get out of there.

I do have some accessories to buy though.

Need studs and a windshield for the Phazer....................Its a light Yamaha.

53 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Never found the actual OEM snowmobile displays helpful. Can't put my finger on it, but suspect that if you're in one camp (i.e. team Blue) and venture over to Eat Shit Blvd (oh, let's say Polaris) ... you're surrounded by folks who've consumed the kool-aid. Tough to discuss the advantages of a sawed off sled (oh, let's say Polaris) when you're in a Yamaha jacket and the Polaris riders ask how your hernia is healing.

Maybe you could pick up a nice blue hair dryer for those cold days... 

:)

I look forward to the show as the unofficial start to winter and usually get there for the opening of the doors on opening day. I seldom need much, other than all the maps I collect but it's nice to look at all the things that are available and always manage an impulse buy or two. I guess that's how I ended up with 6 pair of gloves in search of a pair that were actually warm enough rather than mitts.

I did miss out on the district 10 maps last October since they "were on their way there and hadn't arrived yet on the Friday". One of the true highlights is catching up with a whole lot of people I haven't seen since sled season or the show the prior year. Then there's an opportunity to research places to stay for a mini trip or two (provided we have the weather to make it possible WHICH OF COURSE WE WILL THIS COMING SEASON)

I almost forgot things like the Amsoil representatives. It just wouldn't be right to go to the show and not get a $10 slice of pizza and a pop

41 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Maybe you could pick up a nice blue hair dryer for those cold days... 

:)

A blue hair dryer would be quite funny.  Yamahaha has it's issues. Quite the scene with Yami riders trying to start sleds on a cold morning.  In fact, Ron and Giselle want forewarning if I'm still on the Viper next year. Went through the relay issue on Apex/Vector and then starter kickback on the Viper. Cold mornings and Yami...not a good mix (this past year it was simply 'cold' - can't explain why 3 Yammi's didn't start that day, but Ron's boost sure helped). Have now driven thousands of kms with Ski-Doo riders on their reliable 4 strokes. Never a hiccup (hangover, yes, but never a hiccup). Time for a new avatar? LOL

15 hours ago, Canuck said:

A blue hair dryer would be quite funny.  Yamahaha has it's issues. Quite the scene with Yami riders trying to start sleds on a cold morning.  In fact, Ron and Giselle want forewarning if I'm still on the Viper next year. Went through the relay issue on Apex/Vector and then starter kickback on the Viper. Cold mornings and Yami...not a good mix (this past year it was simply 'cold' - can't explain why 3 Yammi's didn't start that day, but Ron's boost sure helped). Have now driven thousands of kms with Ski-Doo riders on their reliable 4 strokes. Never a hiccup (hangover, yes, but never a hiccup). Time for a new avatar? LOL

Yes new avatar will be SKI DOO..

15 hours ago, Canuck said:

Also like the ..if im still on a viper..B)

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:50 PM, Canuck said:

Never found the actual OEM snowmobile displays helpful. Can't put my finger on it, but suspect that if you're in one camp (i.e. team Blue) and venture over to Eat crap Blvd (oh, let's say Polaris) ... you're surrounded by folks who've consumed the kool-aid. Tough to discuss the advantages of a sawed off sled (oh, let's say Polaris) when you're in a Yamaha jacket and the Polaris riders ask how your hernia is healing.

lol..you just can't help yourself Canuck...hahahahahahahaha

Great way to pass the summer. There will be a beer waiting for you in Eat crap Blvd anytime you head my way.

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:19 PM, Canuck said:

When I stayed over at Mattawa Golf and Ski, the owner tells me people always have trouble starting sleds in the morning because of the damp air from open Ottawa river. Sure enough come morning, an artic cat wouldn't start. My two skidoo's one a 900 and one an etec, no issue's. The artic cat turned out to be a frozen damp relay after the group fooled around with it for awhile. Maybe covering snowmobiles at night pays off.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-6-7 at 4:17 PM, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I know what your saying and was actually poking the bear a bit to see if I could get this place going.

That being said I get into the show and within 15 minutes I'm usually dying to get out of there.

I do have some accessories to buy though.

Need studs and a windshield for the Phazer....................Its a light Yamaha.

I have not attended the past two years and I don't feel like I'm missing anything anymore.

The Keehoes have made it so that it has no focus anymore.  Just pay you high entry fee and wander around.  15 minutes is about right.

I keep telling myself I don't need to go next year but after thanksgiving I get thinking about it

ive missed the odd one over the years 

like othrrs has said it's really the same every year

sometimes I enjoy the spring sneak peak show more

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be working the booth (of whichever district Paudash is being designated) @ the Int'l Center. I'll be there on Sat' Oct' 21 from 4 to 7 PM. Hope to see some of you guys. there. Chandos Rob will be helping out as well.

Between this show and Novi, they are both reasons to get together with trail buddies and collect maps and maybe an acessory or two and start to kick off the season. :icon_dance-cpatch:

Can't wait new Sidewinder and new 25ft in line trailer.

40 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

We go each year. Yes i know its the same each and every year, but its part if the culture..

X2 same as us,

22 hours ago, Yamatario said:

Between this show and Novi, they are both reasons to get together with trail buddies and collect maps and maybe an acessory or two and start to kick off the season. :icon_dance-cpatch:

I agree!  Both shows have their purposes and advantages.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, I'm looking at possibly purchasing a new sled this season, and was wondering if there are deals at the show?  I've never been, so hopefully you folks who have been could let me know.  I've tried searching the web, but mostly coming up with deals on parts/apparel, but I can't seem to find anything on sleds. 

Thanks in advance!

Wimpy

1 hour ago, Wimpy said:

Hey everyone, I'm looking at possibly purchasing a new sled this season, and was wondering if there are deals at the show?  I've never been, so hopefully you folks who have been could let me know.  I've tried searching the web, but mostly coming up with deals on parts/apparel, but I can't seem to find anything on sleds. 

Thanks in advance!

Wimpy

Cheapest time to buy new sleds is April it seems, as you can get a good deal on left over's. Currently lots of promotions by the manufactures  on mostly non current new products. The show helps so you can see all the brands to help make a decision, if you aren't sure what you want to buy. If you know what you want already then you are better of going out to dealers now, before the choice gets limited as the deadline for promotions get's closer. If you want an 2018 show is a good spot to go and take a look, since you can still order new product into November. Maybe can get a deal, but I wouldn't count on it. 

1 hour ago, Wimpy said:

Thanks in advance!

Wimpy

If your looking for an arctic cat, fast track performance in Dorchester seem to have the  best deals.

One of the benefits of the show is that each of the manufacturers have their display at the show and the sales people are all drawn from their dealers. It's not just one dealer selling at the show so you can talk to multiple dealers in one spot. They can also tell you what they have in the way of used or new non current. Country Corners Arctic Cat usually has a very large display with a lot of sleds for sale at pretty good prices. You may well get a better price now than if you wait.

It seems to be best to have a bit of flexibility in what you are looking for as the dealer may not have the exact model you are looking for but one very close.

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

One of the benefits of the show is that each of the manufacturers have their display at the show and the sales people are all drawn from their dealers. It's not just one dealer selling at the show so you can talk to multiple dealers in one spot. They can also tell you what they have in the way of used or new non current. Country Corners Arctic Cat usually has a very large display with a lot of sleds for sale at pretty good prices. You may well get a better price now than if you wait.

It seems to be best to have a bit of flexibility in what you are looking for as the dealer may not have the exact model you are looking for but one very close.

Some dealers will do trades, on new current models. Did that last year cause the dealer that had what I wanted, I didn't want to purchase from them again.  So I got what I wanted at a good price and they got rid of another sled that the dealer wanted. So everyone won. Most of the money is in service and accessory's anyway's.

On 8/7/2017 at 4:33 PM, Yamatario said:

what is the " Novi " show ?

i'll be at the international center friday afternoon .. woot woot ..:icon_hyper:

Hey thanks guys!  Appreciate the info.  I will check out fast track, thx!  02Sled I just got home from Country Corners an hour ago...  ohhh boy!  lol - Some good deals on non current.  Decisions, decisions.. lol

Thx again! 

Archived