Who's Snowchecking?....

Turbo Doo

10 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Denis.. its a 850 xrs renny.  Looks good in any colour..B)8-)

IQ, maybe this is the same sled you ordered.

Will have to wait for the pics in the fall. Right?

When I ordered the 15 couldn't bring myself to get the McDoo but once you saw them on the snow they weren't too bad.

Doo always offers the black option, which is the safe route.

It's time to not be safe. Can't wait to get it and take it for a ripB):D

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FIRE242 said:

IQ, maybe this is the same sled you ordered.

Will have to wait for the pics in the fall. Right?

When I ordered the 15 couldn't bring myself to get the McDoo but once you saw them on the snow they weren't too bad.

Doo always offers the black option, which is the safe route.

It's time to not be safe. Can't wait to get it and take it for a ripB):D

Pictures in the fall.. YES.. B)

22 hours ago, Denis007 said:

luck ....       LUCK ?!?!?  

Luck has nothing to do with his sled problems ... he ran the sh!t out of it .... lmao !!!!

Still looks better this way .....

15800801_1227158707353528_36534919486943

21 hours ago, Blake G said:

Well......on balance I'd say he had a pretty good winter. 5300 miles (8533 kms) would constitute several seasons worth of sledding for some people. LOL Naturally there'll be a few hiccups in that kind of distance.

20 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Not when it is spread over three sleds :lol: (ok 2, but the second one is already gone) :poke2:

The house problems sure suck, though.  Hope he can get some help from the seller / family :-(

16 hours ago, Denis007 said:

No worries ... he still loves me I think .... :D  Karen does anyway .... !!!

Yeah, bummer that the house thing is family .... kinda limits your options to shut up and deal with it ... 

Thanks guys, it has been a real trying week trying to deal with all this, compounded with the sled issues at New Years, It was a great winter once that was dealt with and as Blake said I rode more than I have ever sledded in a season.

With the house we have spoken with our lawyer and we need to prove beyond a shadow of doubt that they knew about the water damage prior, We are the 3rd owners of the house so it is entirely possible that it happened when the original owner built the house, I have to believe in my heart that a family member wouldn't have done this to another family member.

We have a couple guys coming to the house in the next couple of days to give us a estimate on what the repairs will cost, Also have discovered the interlocking driveway and interlock porch at the rear of the house has settled towards the house so that will also have to get fixed as well.

On a side note on top of dealing with all this mess, we were visiting a friends house a couple of weeks ago and his dog also bit my hand so have had to have my hand checked out.

What a effin year it's been so far, almost afraid to put the boat in the water. lol

I do appreciate the kind comments and messages made by most of you, except for Denis 007 lolololol, I got thick skin and will get him back next winter...

Thanks guys.

6 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Thanks guys, it has been a real trying week trying to deal with all this, compounded with the sled issues at New Years, It was a great winter once that was dealt with and as Blake said I rode more than I have ever sledded in a season.

With the house we have spoken with our lawyer and we need to prove beyond a shadow of doubt that they knew about the water damage prior, We are the 3rd owners of the house so it is entirely possible that it happened when the original owner built the house, I have to believe in my heart that a family member wouldn't have done this to another family member.

We have a couple guys coming to the house in the next couple of days to give us a estimate on what the repairs will cost, Also have discovered the interlocking driveway and interlock porch at the rear of the house has settled towards the house so that will also have to get fixed as well.

On a side note on top of dealing with all this mess, we were visiting a friends house a couple of weeks ago and his dog also bit my hand so have had to have my hand checked out.

What a effin year it's been so far, almost afraid to put the boat in the water. lol

I do appreciate the kind comments and messages made by most of you, except for Denis 007 lolololol, I got thick skin and will get him back next winter...

Thanks guys.

Wow!... You've had your quota for bad luck for the next 5 years or more... it's all used up. Time to go buy a lottery ticket since the only thing you haven't used up is your good luck which is about to start.

51 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Thanks guys.

Wow, you really have been going through some S##T. 

Good luck with everything.  Hopefully the dog bite isn't too bad and doesn't get infected.

I also hope the house isn't too expensive to repair.

Good luck!  We're pulling for you.

7 hours ago, Nunz said:

Thanks guys.

Put the  boat in the water and go for a  ride by yourself,it is a stress reliever.

Snowchecked 2018 50th Sidewinder...:icon_dance-cpatch:

Image result for 2018 sidewinder 50th images

I ordered a '18 XRS renegade.

29 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

I ordered a real winter.

x2 - actually this one had lots of snow that came too early and then we had a couple of thaws. If the frost had of been in the ground before the snow it would have been great. Orillia had I believe 14 feet of snowfall.

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

x2 - actually this one had lots of snow that came too early and then we had a couple of thaws. If the frost had of been in the ground before the snow it would have been great. Orillia had I believe 14 feet of snowfall.

Lots of snow indeed, 02...but I think you overlooked the 453 mild/rain & freezing rain events, (some even in the north) which either washed/melted a lot of that snow away, and/or re-opened a lot of creeks and watercourses on the trails, and/or re-froze the snow base into concrete.   Definitely not a vintage winter...

2 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Lots of snow indeed, 02...but I think you overlooked the 453 mild/rain & freezing rain events, (some even in the north) which either washed/melted a lot of that snow away, and/or re-opened a lot of creeks and watercourses on the trails, and/or re-froze the snow base into concrete.   Definitely not a vintage winter...

Definitely not a vintage weather but I did mention the thaws which regrettably sometimes included some rain. However if I'm not mistaken Blake managed to actually get out riding in Muskoka as recently as just over a week ago. He is a die hard.

I stand corrected... he was riding but well north of Muskoka.... either way it was a real funky winter.

Next winter we will have lots of early deep cold to put frost in the ground first and then record snowfall. I can feel it in my bones.

2 hours ago, Pstn head said:

Man your gonna like that !!!! That sled is AMAZING !!!

3 new Sidewinders in our group. can't wait.

Changed my mind....ordering this sleek model....it has a turbo....

Kuraidori-Turbo-Toaster.JPG.fa612ce620811256562a2a64fad04606.JPG

Toast in 60 seconds. Now, to find a coffee maker that will create boiling point water for drip ground coffee. My 20 year old Cafe Roma with two heating chambers just packed it in.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/home-and-garden/design/trying-to-find-the-perfect-toaster-know-thyselffirst/article34666432/

"Turbo kitchen appliances" :-P

Thread hijack Hall of Fame candidate. But you've discovered the secret to good coffee, Slomo. 

18 hours ago, Canuck said:

Thread hijack Hall of Fame candidate. But you've discovered the secret to good coffee, Slomo. 

Hey, Canuck ...it's got a TURBO! Gets you out on the trails faster due to shortened breakfast times.

I did have this relevant gem of an article from a magazine I was going to share, but thought it might offend some people I like very much on the forum who might be considering a 2 stroke spring order purchase...

Modern Sledder....November 2016 issue

"Once the mainstay of snowmobile propulsion, use of the two stroke motor has lost ground to the quiet, clean, smooth, confident power of the four stroke and is now mainly the preserve of short [sighted ], premature [ purchasers]".... Lester Kehoe

Besides after about 4 pages, a thread has pretty well played itself out......

10 hours ago, slomo said:

Hey, Canuck ...it's got a TURBO! Gets you out on the trails faster due to shortened breakfast times.

I did have this relevant gem of an article from a magazine I was going to share, but thought it might offend some people I like very much on the forum who might be considering a 2 stroke spring order purchase...

Modern Sledder....November 2016 issue

"Once the mainstay of snowmobile propulsion, use of the two stroke motor has lost ground to the quiet, clean, smooth, confident power of the four stroke and is now mainly the preserve of short [              ], premature [                    ]".... Lester Kehoe

Besides after about 4 pages, a thread has pretty well played itself out......

Apparently the 3 Other mfg's never got that memo .... 

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Apparently the 3 Other mfg's never got that memo .... 

Yamaha?

(it was IQTurbo who was supposed to be drawn out of the wood work....:-D)

......previous post left out some words for some reason....fixed it.....

4 hours ago, slomo said:

Yamaha?

(it was IQTurbo who was supposed to be drawn out of the wood work....:-D)

......previous post left out some words for some reason....fixed it.....

When you go fishing, you never know what you'll catch! :-) 

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:30 AM, Canuck said:

It always takes too long to boil the kettle for tea and make the toast. The microwave and the convention oven has decreased the amount of time we want to wait for things. We need the microwave of toasters. I got one of the Keurig coffee makers for the office. Supposedly the best and fastest model they made. It still wasn't quick enough for the guys in the office.

I guess that's one of the things about snowmobiling.... take the time to enjoy the scenery and nature that's all around us. Running a lake that was very long and relatively narrow a few years ago I suddenly realized, not one cottage, road or anything other than rocks, trees, ice and snow. Stop and shut off the engine and absolute silence, not even a wind that day.

Archived