Used sled values

coolbane

Use Kijji and auto trader for the used price and take 1 k or more off for trade in.

There is the equivalent of blue and black book car values for sleds boats etc. I will try an find the link

15 hours ago, coolbane said:

Does anyone know where I can find an approximation of the private sale and trade-in value of late model used sleds from Doo and Poo? There are some US sites but I'm not sure how they would compare to Ontario.

Try this one...it is specific to powersports toys, and at least provides you some ballpark Canadian guidance.

http://www.bluebooktrader.com/

15 hours ago, soupkids said:

Use Kijji and auto trader for the used price and take 1 k or more off for trade in.

Good luck with only $1K.   In my experience, dealers will typically discount at wholesale a lot more than $1K...depending, of course, on all the usual variables, including model year, time of year (spring vs fall), model (is it popular/in demand?), age, mileage, condition and equipment. 

Was just providing a starting point.

You have to take KIJIJI with a grain of salt. most idiots want 1k over what the sled is worth and the dealer will discount 1k over retail for sure.

What sled is it?

16 hours ago, soupkids said:

Don't forget to add 13% to the trade in value at a dealer. You only pay taxes on the purchase price less the trade in so your break even point on a trade in versus selling privately means

$4000 trade in value you need to sell privately for $4520 and you have to deal with phone calls, emails, no shows, do you want to trades and those that show up and want to give you half of you're asking price after wasting the last 30 minutes looking at it.

39 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

You have to take KIJIJI with a grain of salt. most idiots want 1k over what the sled is worth and the dealer will discount 1k over retail for sure.

MOST IDIOTS, like myself ask over what the value is because of the B.S. you have to put up with from Kijiji ads. Plus you have to start somewhere. 

It's called negotiating.

Kijiji is a good way to get your sled advertised but as O2 said the tire kickers, the no shows, people not reading the ad properly, the low ballers, etc..

Dealt with them all but I guess I'm a gluten for punishment.

Also I use Auto Trader, it's the same thing!

Use bluebooktrader to get my sled value for trade-in and retail.

Archived