10' enclosed trailer

signfan

Will a 2015 renegade or a 2015 grand touring fit in a 10' long Triton clamshell trailer?  Specs sheet says the renegade is 10' 3" long and the grand touring is 10' 7" long.  Just curious if you can cheat and push the skis forward over the cover some to steal a few inches to make them fit.  Has anyone tried this?

I know a apex 141 fits but just

I have a 10' Triton clam shell and a 2017 Ski Doo Grand Touring will fit with a few inches to spare.

You can't move it too far forward or the front of the clam shell will hit the front of the sled near the lights and won't close. Move the sled back a bit and the clam shell will close.

On March 16, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Kahshe Rider said:

You can't move it too far forward or the front of the clam shell will hit the front of the sled near the lights and won't close. Move the sled back a bit and the clam shell will close.

It will take high windshield and mirrors as well that surprises me if it does? 

Well the sled is a Grand Touring so it has mirrors but it probably doesn't have the monster size wind shield that are available.

I realize that sleds and trailers change slightly from year to year. We had a 2004 Grand Touring and it fit onto a 10' North Trail clamshell with the curl of the skis just up to the front and a couple of inches clear at the rear of the sled.

My 16 switchback adventure doesn't fit inyour 12 foot trailer properly.

Because of the extreme rider forward position the windshield hits in the curved part at the front.

For winter trailering I take the hoodoff and for summer storage it goes in backwards.

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:37 AM, 02Sled said:

I realize that sleds and trailers change slightly from year to year. We had a 2004 Grand Touring and it fit onto a 10' North Trail clamshell with the curl of the skis just up to the front and a couple of inches clear at the rear of the sled.

This is true and I always just bought a bigger trailer then I would ever need for sledding at the time I thought. Works for the ATV, furniture moving, etc. Why limit yourself to just hauling sleds. :-).

10 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

This is true and I always just bought a bigger trailer then I would ever need for sledding at the time I thought. Works for the ATV, furniture moving, etc. Why limit yourself to just hauling sleds. :-).

Agree... 10' at the time was basically the standard as the Grand Touring was about as big as you would find. Then they started getting all these longer sleds for one person. Peoples likes seem to change. At the time few really seemed to want anything with the long track due to the less maneuverability on the twisty trails.

We changed trailers to a hybrid when I was getting tired of having to shovel off the clam shell most weekends before we could open it.

I'm also fortunate to have access to friends trailers. A couple with heavy duty flatbeds that would hold a car or a small farm tractor, another with an enclosed car trailer, a 24' livestock trailer and more...

Archived