Shivesy in Kap (RAIN)

Shivesy

We got a late start and left Hearst around 10am this morning. The rain from last night soaked the trails pretty good. A lot of bare spots and started out with some fog then some pretty good rain showers. It is sunny right now though and that's a nice site.

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

My Easter hopes are being crushed. Looks like things are ending early there too. Does Dub have more snow then kap and Hearst?

thanks for the updates shivesy. that video tells the tail, don't it? the fat lady is warming up her pipes.

dub got rained on too. Big Reg said we lost most, or all of the new snow we received last week.  slightly south and east of wawa has more snow than anyone in Ontario right now. I am doubting we will have much great spring/late season riding this year.

I would not count on riding in Ontario for easter.

we are planning to go to Tennessee, north Carolina on the bikes. with a back up plan for sleds on easter. we will weather watch and go where we will have more fun... nice to have options. Ski 

damn mother nature.  Her schedule and mine just haven't been working well together this year.  Was really hoping to drive to the Sault and head north from there this weekend, but starting to wonder if its worth it. More worried about around town and the road rash.

towns, roads, plowed sections will definitely provide challenging, and road rash for the sleds! once away from those it will be ok but, after this warm up, they are calling for -20 to -30 night time lows. this will set the trails up HARD.  with no lube, and no cooling if you don't have scratchers, and no "real" accumulations forecasted right now for the weekend... it will be a judgment call, on the individual. some people don't mind riding some dirt. some people despise it. :D Ski

Viper, the trails north out of Dub after the dump area seemed to be fine and we really enjoyed the fast running trails up that way, plenty of snow. The trails turned really bad 25 miles before we arrived in Hornespayne. Once we were north of Hornespayne they opened up again and were fast and fun. Good snow all the way to Hearst but all this was yesterday before the rain last night. Pics from that area yesterday.

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

Thanks. Dub usually gets more snow. The long ranger looks ok, still hope for an Easter ride, even if I can only ride day trips. 

Archived