Shivesy in Hearst

Shivesy

We stayed at the Bristol Inn last night in Wawa. Willie the owner of the Inn drove us to and from the local resturant for dinner and also for breakfast this morning. His rooms were clean and very comfortable and if you need a place to stay I'd recommend staying at the Bristol Inn there in Wawa.

We left Wawa and headed to Dubreuilville via the Magpie River. The river was staked but the stakes were spaced far apart and you really need to be on your game to navigate between the stakes. The weather decided to throw us some heavy mist as we navigated north towards the Dub. We were able to fill up the Yamahas at the gas bar there in town and proceeded on to Hornepayne. The trails south of Hornepayne were not very good. A lot of dirty snow and a bit of road running that routed us around some of the marsh land that wasn't frozen. They really need more snow to make the trails better to ride on.  We made it into Hornepayne and filled up the tanks with fuel and decided to keep pushing onward towards Hearst. The A trail north out of Hornepayne was very very good, super wide, smooth and fast all the way into Hearst. Right now we are at the Companion Inn and it's raining pretty good outside. We feel lucky that the rain held off as long as it did as we logged 265 miles of good sledding today. I guess we will see what tomorrow will bring as I had plans to try and make it to Cochrane if possible. I'll let you guys know how that goes tomorrow night. Goodnight from Shivesy.

Archived