Shivesy in Wawa

Shivesy

As you may know my cousin and I postponed our trip we had planned about 2 weeks ago but we didn't give up the desire to fulfill our need to run the sleds one last time. We thought now was maybe as good as it may get and the trails looked green as far as the OFSC website led us to believe. So we decided to give it a shot.

We staged out of Searchmont and unloaded the sleds at Carl's facilities (Driftwood Valley Chalets). Leaving Carl's we needed to run the snow gravel road for about a mile and a half before we hit the actual trail. The road run was not to bad and I have run much worse in the past. I think we recorded 90 miles from Searchmont to Halfway Haven before we stopped for fuel and ate lunch there at Halfway Haven. The trails from Searchmont to Halfway Haven were very good and plenty of snow was present. It sure was nice to warm up and fill our bellies and sled with fuel there at Halfway Haven. Gotta love that place!!

We left out of Halfway Haven and headed north towards Wawa and again the trails have plenty of snow and were in pretty good shape all the way into the town of Wawa. I think we logged another 75 miles from Halfway to Wawa for a total of 165 total miles for the day. We had a really good day riding the Yamahas and the sleds never overheated one time all day. Wish us luck as we plan on heading north to Hearst tomorrow in hopes of dodging the rain that might be expected in the forecast. I'll try to post a trail report tomorrow evening. Attached is a pic of my cousin from Ohio, this pic was about 20 miles before we arrived at Halfway Haven on the D Trail.

IMG_0018.JPG

Have fun shivesy hope you do not get rained on 

Hey Shivesy! You stopped and talked to our group south of Halfway Haven.

Great to meet you and your cousin. Hopefully the weather and trails cooperate letting you get in your planned ride.

Look forward to your updates. Be safe!

glad you guys made it up! keep us posted on the weather, the mrs and I will be in Dub, Friday night late, we will be up until Monday march 20th. 10 days in dub at the house... CANT WAIT!!! ride safem have fun, positive thoughts coming your way for no rain. Ski

Fire, really enjoyed talking with you guys yesterday. Looks like your group was having a great time and I hope you arrived at Elliot Lake safe and on time.

Ski..thanks for the thought of no rain but it didn't help. Was pouring down rain here in Hearst an hour ago. Oh well, I hope tomorrow will be ok. I'll keep you posted.

Shivesy great talking to you too. We were all amazed to here you came to ride Ontario from Georgia.

We made it safely and ahead of schedule to Elliot Lake.

Keep us updated.

Archived