Sudbury Trails

soupkids

Uh map says around 160 kms from sportsman. Our sleds are good for 100 miles of my style of riding maybe ill have to do the speed limit lol to make it there.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If house can get 100 miles to a tank you will be fine.

Just some tips from someone who was just in Sudbury for the first time last week.   wolf loop is good but the trail south of Cepreol is yellow.  we installed scratchers and they all broke...go figure...  probably ok without them unless you plan a huge lake run on the big lake.  we trailered to the STP yard...wasnt too big a pain in the butt and trails are good from there.  red trails around the moonlight looked pretty bad...no-one was riding them

also i used a lot less fuel than normal as your are barely on the throttle to keep up a good speed on the trails...50 km of course :-)

i went 115 miles on an old 600 SDI and only used 25 litres of fuel

I ended buying the scratchers that bolt onto the ski. With a cotter pin you can easily remove if not needed, friend has a set on his sled three years no issues.

Did lots of lake running with absolutely no issues. Like I said, where the trail runs across surface is broken up enough that everything was fine (sled has digital gauge, never went over 130deg)

Like to see pics of what you went with.

Trailered up to Sudbury today for the first time, launched at STP. Trails south  were a mix of ice and snirt, north were very good. Lake crossings were glare ice in many places, scratchers helped but could smell son's sliders in front of me. Overall excellent experience, will definitely return

I was booked in at Sportsmans from the 28th to the 31st. The owner just called me and said the way the weather is looking they are planning on closing down the trails the 23rd. ( next Thursday) Which means I wont be riding up there unless something drastic happens with the weather. I was just up riding in Sudbury last weekend and trails where generally in good condition. Hope the weather turns my way......

So another great ride out of Capreol and around Wolf Mountain. I would stay off Lake Wanapitei without scratchers and definately stay off C115D between Capreol and Garson without fresh snow or scratchers. Heading out again tomorrow from Capreol to maybe Windy Lake or Shining Tree. Have fun while the snow lasts. 

It is really thin on the trail coming into Shining Tree for about 10 kms. Just not enough snow. Watch for the odd fist sized rocks that have been kicked up. If we get some snow by Friday like some models say, we will be good. Also keep in mind the C for the last 50 kms coming into the Tree are rock hard. The milder temps should help though........

nice pics zr,thx for sharing

Rode from Capreol to Windy Lake and back today. Trails were great the groomer was out today. Hospitality at Windy Lake for lunch was great again. The trails surrounding Capreol are getting thin, should be good for this weekend but unless we get snow they won't last too long. Wide while you can!

1 hour ago, GibsonNytro said:

Trial to Wolf lookout is rock and mud. Logging has started. We rode south on the d trail and 83 and it was great.

The section in question is 2 km long.

Anyone know of parking close to trails if the trail to moonlight is unrideable ? Thanks guys heading up for the day tomo....one last kick at the can !

Archived