Cochrane feb 25...

Turbo Doo

11 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Right now the snow is pretty dry and sugary.  This makes it difficult to groom and set up.  A little moisture might do a world of good.

It seems the same around here, anywhere under the recent snow the base is dry ... grainy sugary and won't pack.  Kenny said it was like trying to groom sugar....

I don't want to see 2 days of rain with those mild temps, but a little bit won't be so bad.  If the clubs groomed it just as it's freezing it would stiffen up just nice for the following morning.  Base would last a lot longer.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff

Nice report and pictures it got me through the week looking at the good times you guys and Girls where having out riding,After being on Vacation for 2 weeks and going back to work gets me into a  bad mood:angry:.Enjoyed all the post and good times and pictures Too.

Glad you guys had a great week

Greg

No wounded warriors and great ride to the canyon again yesterday (went Monday with irREVerent and crew).  Bloody cold in the morning though!

Just got back today.  Laundry to be done for the next trip :-(

12 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Just got back today.  Laundry to be done for the next trip :-(

What's your family think of you spending all this time away? As for doing laundry I would have thought you would have come up with a way to do laundry on the sled trailside by now. Maybe melted snow or something. :D

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:36 PM, IQ TURBO said:

Abitibi canyon today.. trails were A plus.. Had the pleasure to see Evil and twin and husband in snowmobile action today.. Great ride today.  The Dutchman and i have  rode 2100kms this week. Will post pictures tomorrow once we are home. Party night number 2 has begun..woot woot..

Had a great weekend of riding, laughs and drinks!  Was good to meet up with all of you, maybe see back there next year!  Cheers!

Anyone recommend a day trip from Westway Motel hopefully with eats and fuel, second day will be the Canyon Loop, but torn on what to do the first day, pack on kms and head to Hearst? Enjoy the trails and play in Moonbeam/Kap area? Head to Iroquis/Timmins? I guess mostly should we head NW or SE?

Never been north of Algonquin Park, so very excited, myself and RustyRivets are heading up Mar 16th and leaving the 19th(8-9HR drive), any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Myself and Barberch are there from the 13th - 17th. 

We're driving up, and then getting a "quick" 200km ride in that day.  Lotsa "local" riding and lots to see.

After that, we're planning the following....

1 day up the Canyon and back, with a few detours on local trails.

1 day is a run to Kap and back via the club trails south of the A

1 Day is the Timmins/Iroquois Falls loop. 

About 1200-1300kms in three and a half days, but that can easily be changed to add more or less. 

25 minutes ago, jjbffb said:

Anyone recommend a day trip from Westway Motel hopefully with eats and fuel, second day will be the Canyon Loop, but torn on what to do the first day, pack on kms and head to Hearst? Enjoy the trails and play in Moonbeam/Kap area? Head to Iroquis/Timmins? I guess mostly should we head NW or SE?

Never been north of Algonquin Park, so very excited, myself and RustyRivets are heading up Mar 16th and leaving the 19th(8-9HR drive), any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Evil said:

Had a great weekend of riding, laughs and drinks!  Was good to meet up with all of you, maybe see back there next year!  Cheers!

Was great meeting you guys again. Enjoyed the laughs and drinks. Looking forward to the next time with all you guys and gals..

35 minutes ago, monte1214 said:

We're driving up, and then getting a "quick" 200km ride in that day.  Lotsa "local" riding and lots to see.

About 1200-1300kms in three and a half days, but that can easily be changed to add more or less. 

Thnx, I think we'll do the Kap and back like you, should be enough trails to eat up the day maybe hit Remi Lk. Anything special we may be missing by not going to Hearst or Kirkland Lk?

We've never been past Kap or down South towards IF, Timmins or Kirkland Lake, and I don't know where Remi Lake is, so the only thing I can tell you that I know you're missing, is more awesome trails!

2 hours ago, jjbffb said:

Thnx, I think we'll do the Kap and back like you, should be enough trails to eat up the day maybe hit Remi Lk. Anything special we may be missing by not going to Hearst or Kirkland Lk?

The local club trails north of Hearst are amazing.  All of the trails in and around kap are also awesome.  The one trail that is still red above kap is absolutely stunning the plantation trail if I'm not mistaken is so cool. Obviously a no go this time but maybe next time. 

7 hours ago, Evil said:

Great to see your group again and share some laughs.  Can't wait for next time!  Dying to Good's first post in a decade :poke2:

20 hours ago, monte1214 said:

This  is basically a good plan.  We just did a similar ride last weekend.

So how did the trails in Cochrane hold up with the rain and warmer temps the last few days?

We are heading up on the 12th and hope the conditions are still good

40 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Anyone???

I saw on the Polar Bears FB page today they were getting some snow and the pictures looked pretty good.

We will be up there till Monday the 13th

Excellent news.

We are headed up on Sunday, myself/wife/13yr daughter staying at the West Way this time. Red SW/40th Apex/red Phazer. Hope to see you there!

23 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Excellent news.

We are headed up on Sunday, myself/wife/13yr daughter staying at the West Way this time. Red SW/40th Apex/red Phazer. Hope to see you there!

There is a group of us staying at the Thriftlodge, will swing over depending on when we get back from our ride to Kap on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

I saw on the Polar Bears FB page today they were getting some snow and the pictures looked pretty good.

We will be up there till Monday the 13th

We hope to be up there around noon Nunzio, maybe we'll see you?

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Excellent news.

Black & Orange SW with a 2-up Doo, and well be at The Westway too.

32 minutes ago, monte1214 said:

We hope to be up there around noon Nunzio, maybe we'll see you?

Black & Orange SW with a 2-up Doo, and well be at The Westway too.

We wont be up till late late Friday night early Sat am, our plan is leave the hotel around 9am'ish for SRF and doing the canyon ride, there will be mix of sleds, mine is pretty easy to spot..lol

I will watch for you guys as well, Hope to see you guys.

Nunz

3 hours ago, Nunz said:

There is a group of us staying at the Thriftlodge, will swing over depending on when we get back from our ride to Kap on Sunday.

Text me for your Sunday agenda when you get up here, maybe see if I can meet up with you again ... more successfully this time ... lol !

bring along some spare parts

:D

Archived