Question about BRP's spring orders

chez-nous cest skidoo

I'm considering placing a s order for a new Skidoo.

FYI I havent contacted any dealers or registered online as of yet, i figured id gather some intel from anyone who has placed a spring order, ive read over the "spring fever " promotions. 

Ive read BRP is offering 0% financing for 3 years,... question is on a total cost of 18k at BRP's regular interest rate of 4.99%, that would be about $1420 worth of interest, if you pay for the sled outright could you expect a cash discount equal to the interest amount, or is the price listed the price ?

whats your opinions please

cheers

8 hours ago, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

I'm considering placing a s order for a new Skidoo.

FYI I havent contacted any dealers or registered online as of yet, i figured id gather some intel from anyone who has placed a spring order, ive read over the "spring fever " promotions. 

Ive read BRP is offering 0% financing for 3 years,... question is on a total cost of 18k at BRP's regular interest rate of 4.99%, that would be about $1420 worth of interest, if you pay for the sled outright could you expect a cash discount equal to the interest amount, or is the price listed the price ?

whats your opinions please

cheers

Always a cash discount. I bought a sled in November and received a 1000 off the top, plus all the promotions. The financing is coming from Brp, so you should be able to get it along with a cash discount and all other promotions. Let us know how you make out. 

I don't think there is any set amount of discount for paying up front in cash from BRP for a spring order sled. Best thing to do is get as many prices as you can from different dealers because you'll be surprised how different they can be. Hope this helps.

I think you get the financing or if you pay up front you get a 4 year warranty.If your looking for a none spring order sled a 2017 can be found for a great price.What sled are you thinking of.The 1200 in xs platform is a awesome sled :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, wrightonalan said:

What sled are you thinking of.The 1200 in xs platform is a awesome sled :rolleyes:

Im interested in the Renegade X 1200 

Yes i will be contacting most of the dealers in my area

cheers

mike

I looked at extras too. The prices in your area (same as mine) will be pretty close, but I bought from the dealer that gave me a good deal on accessories. One of them would not give me even 10% off, ( whereas another gave me 20% and put them all on for me.

Question for you renegade experts ; is there anything better for running unplowed deep powder logging roads than a renegade backcountry ? 

23 minutes ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

Question for you renegade experts ; is there anything better for running unplowed deep powder logging roads than a renegade backcountry ? 

Free ride would give a slight edge I believe with narrow ski stance.

23 minutes ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

You might consider a Renegade Adrenaline instead of the BC, if you like a stable platform... The BC has the XM platform with the flex-edge track and T-motion, very tippy when used as a flatlander.  If you're aggressive and like a challenge, and do mostly off-trail, the BackCountry is great.  I wouldn't touch one myself, I prefer the wide stable manners of the Adrenaline.

10 minutes ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

Thanks for the info . So where does the renegade enduro fit into there ? 

Heated seat, air suspension.  Don't know if I'd buy one to ditch-bang or ride the boonies, you could I suppose ... It's more a 1-up luxury touring sled, than a ditchbang ... the air ride might have its place in the deep snow ... never heard of anyone riding a GSX much off-trail, unless they blew a corner .... lol !

19 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

You might consider a Renegade Adrenaline instead of the BC, if you like a stable platform... The BC has the XM platform with the flex-edge track and T-motion, very tippy when used as a flatlander.  If you're aggressive and like a challenge, and do mostly off-trail, the BackCountry is great.  I wouldn't touch one myself, I prefer the wide stable manners of the Adrenaline.

Check out the BC X-850.  It has C-Motion Platform and the new the REV G4 Chasis?

Mike

I'd think the 850 would be better in the powder than the 1200.

41 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

I'd think the 850 would be better in the powder than the 1200.

The 1200 with 1.5" track and Pilot 6.9 skis is a pretty impressive tool ... not something you'll want for climbing mountains, but those skis are awesome.  They just don't sink in, float right up on surface.  I have them on my old bologne-slicer 670, HUGE off-trail improvement.

If you don't stop&go in deep stuff too often, they'll do fine.  Moving slowly at belt engagement speed is enough to get floating on top.

As with chez-nous who started this thread ( sorry for the hijack chez-nous)  my original search was for an older sled for ice fishing, trapping,  the girlfriend to get her off my sled, and for running powder on logging roads ; a 600 renegade came to mind, but damn I think I've got "spring fever ".

So is the Summit a narrower stance and possibly too tippy as with the backcountry  ? 

Yes it's narrower and yes its more tippy.

Example. ... friend riding 2up on his Summit, with 2up seat and backrest. .. she poked her head over to see over his shoulder. ... it just casually rolled over on its side. ... both banged up sled front end damaged. 

I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot crocodile. ...

I'm with Dennis. My last few new machines have been renegade adrenaline. Only diff is I like to upgrade track to 16 in w ice ripper studs in 1 3/8 profile. Same foot print as 144x15 w great trail handling. I can go anywhere. 

Not sure about all the manufacturers, but Arctic Cat is putting tremendous pressure on their dealers to move a high quota of units per season. That is why a lot of AC dealers are fading away. Combine the heavy unit quota with a soft economy, coupled with a crappy winter... who knows how much margin they have for discounts considering the heavy financial burden they carry to maintain such high inventory. I would not want to be a dealer these days.

cq5dam.web.1322.1322.jpeg what does everyone think of lime green/black ? ? .... call me old school but what ever happened to frickin YELLOW ?

Joseph-Armand Bombardier     I wonder what Mr Joseph-Armand Bombardier would think of all the new color schemes 

cheers

mike

22 hours ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

As with chez-nous who started this thread ( sorry for the hijack chez-nous)  my original search was for an older sled for ice fishing, trapping,  the girlfriend to get her off my sled, and for running powder on logging roads ; a 600 renegade came to mind, but damn I think I've got "spring fever ".

So is the Summit a narrower stance and possibly too tippy as with the backcountry  ? 

this brutal forecast & snow melt is taking the buzz out of any spring order for me ..BOO !

cheers

I like it

13 minutes ago, wrightonalan said:

I like it

cq5dam.web.1322.1322.jpeg This is much more my color combo, if only it had a 137" skid ...;)

cheers

1 hour ago, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

cq5dam.web.1322.1322.jpeg what does everyone think of lime green/black ? ? .... call me old school but what ever happened to frickin YELLOW ?

Joseph-Armand Bombardier     I wonder what Mr Joseph-Armand Bombardier would think of all the new color schemes 

cheers

mike

Scratch off some paint. The primer is yellow no matter what colour a BRP is.

Trivia time. . !!!!!

Anyone but me know why J.A. chose Yellow? 

Answer to come tomorrow evening. . :)

Archived