Kahshe lake

kahshedoo

Hey guys I heard someone went thru the ice at the narrows last weekend, anybody else heard this?

where are the narrows?

thanks

chris

I just went through the narrows a few hours ago.  No sign of any weakness.

Didn't hear about anyone going through on Kahshe

Might of been the narrows on Lake Muskoka as you enter Muskoka Bay.

A sled did go through at the narrows on Gull Lake that weekend.

Coincidently after KahsheDoo asked about the narrows on Kahshe, a sled did go in near the shore.  This area is a known flow area and will open up around the shore because of the water flow and the rock warming in the sun.

I went through the narrows last Sunday and dropped the kids off to go home.  On why back through the narrows about 30 minutes later there was a small sled halfway through the ice.  It was only 10 feet off the shore.  The centre of the narrows was still solid at that time.

After this weeks warmup...  anything may have changed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Marty, where abouts on Gull Lake?

I know the area between Gull and Silver rarely freeze, or was it around the Hwy 11 bridge.

I walked out there last weekend and drilled a few holes by Hewitt St. and seemed like a lot of ice.

Is Kahshe still staked?

Thanks

Gull Lake.doc

Hey Mark, many of the stakes on Kahshe are frozen in. We are hoping to remove them this Sunday if we get some mild weather. 

Kahshe is still staked and the cold temps have thickened the ice.  The club has never groomed the trail to the south/east on trail D, so there was really no point in staking the lake.  It was a great TOP trail.  

Archived