No Overnight Parking in Dysart et al (aka Haliburton)

An overnight parking ban (midnight to 7:00 am) is currently in effect in Dysart et al.
This is due to snow removal issues and applies to streets, roads and public parking areas (e.g., Head Lake parking). The fine associated with this offence is $200.00 and your vehicle may be towed away.

Riding on sidewalks in Haliburton is not permitted.
Please park in the area by the caboose / public library and walk up to Highland Street.

Thank you everyone, your cooperation is important to maintain the positive relationship with the community and our business sponsors.

1 hour ago, livin' on the b103 said:
An overnight parking ban (midnight to 7:00 am) is currently in effect in Dysart et al.
This is due to snow removal issues and applies to streets, roads and public parking areas (e.g., Head Lake parking). The fine associated with this offence is $200.00 and your vehicle may be towed away.

Riding on sidewalks in Haliburton is not permitted.
Please park in the area by the caboose / public library and walk up to Highland Street.

Thank you everyone, your cooperation is important to maintain the positive relationship with the community and our business sponsors.

I was surprised to see a few trucks and trailers there for several days last week. I stayed at Lakeview motel, pinestone was a zoo, couldn't even get a drink at the bar. Too bad they wouldn't allow two day parking. I understand they don't want the lot full of trucks and sled trailers, and no room for daily vistors.

39 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I was surprised to see a few trucks and trailers there for several days last week. I stayed at Lakeview motel, pinestone was a zoo, couldn't even get a drink at the bar. Too bad they wouldn't allow two day parking. I understand they don't want the lot full of trucks and sled trailers, and no room for daily vistors.

The way I read it was they didn't want any overnight parking to avoid problems with snow removal and not about room for daily visitors. I've seen the plows come down our Etobicoke residential street and have to turn back because of cars parked across from each other on opposite sides of the street since the plow couldn't pass between them.

Yes, the no overnight parking is about snow removal and nothing else. Haliburton village and all of the County appreciate sledders and their importance to us all. The sidewalk deal is there have been too many close calls. The pitfalls of having lots of snow and awesome trails!!

Livin'

Archived