Ski doo 2018 sleds

Turbo Doo

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

This is just my inside voice speaking here, but why the F..K is there no factory turbo from DOO.:x8-)

Doo can't keep their n/a motors from grenading...   and you want to up the charge ?

28 minutes ago, Cuyuna said:

Doo can't keep their n/a motors from grenading...   and you want to up the charge ?

26 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

On our number 4 1200. Have had zerooooo motor issues..

Just a poke, Should have added :)

After going back to a 2-stroke I would be looking at that 850 etec long before I ever considered another 4-stroke tankasaurus!  

Probably a new 850 for this Doo faithful in 2018. Heard that even the Doo Guru Mr. Cudney is off the 1200 this year and running an 850.

That should tell you something.

1 hour ago, FIRE242 said:

Probably a new 850 for this Doo faithful in 2018. Heard that even the Doo Guru Mr. Cudney is off the 1200 this year and running an 850.

That should tell you something.

By the looks of his site, its most likely to develop parts for the 850..

I'am all ready to order a 900 Turbo Doo at midnight.  154 hp and way lighter then the 1200. 

13 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I'am all ready to order a 900 Turbo Doo at midnight.  154 hp and way lighter then the 1200. 

Your ready to order something that is not offered at a time when dealers are closed ? 

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

By the looks of his site, its most likely to develop parts for the 850..

Totally agree with you IQ once I see his site.

BRP definitely sees the market is in the mountain segment.

I was also really hoping for a 4 stroke turbo also but I won't jump ship. Still like the manuverability of the 2 stroke.

Never owned a 4 stroke so I shouldn't have been negative to it's reliabilty. My 2015 is out of warranty Nov. 2017.

So I will more than likely get the 850 with an extended full coverage warranty as long as BRP is offering it, it's a must with the 2 stroke.

Fuel mileage has been great on this 800 etec and the 850 etec is suppose to be comparable. I'm not the heaviest guy and it has been great even close to the 600 etec. especially in those Northern Corridor trails. It doesn't work as hard to keep up to WD.

My dealer in Barrie has been fantastic and reliable to me. So it's only BRP. Maybe a turbo 4 stroke when they start to take notice of us flatlanders again.

Sorry for the verbal diarrhea, Jeff. Maybe ride with you and the Dutchman again soon.

Totally agree with you IQ once I see his site.

BRP definitely sees the market is in the mountain segment.

I was also really hoping for a 4 stroke turbo also but I won't jump ship. Still like the manuverability of the 2 stroke.

Never owned a 4 stroke so I shouldn't have been negative to it's reliabilty. My 2015 is out of warranty Nov. 2017.

So I will more than likely get the 850 with an extended full coverage warranty as long as BRP is offering it, it's a must with the 2 stroke.

Fuel mileage has been great on this 800 etec and the 850 etec is suppose to be comparable. I'm not the heaviest guy and it has been great even close to the 600 etec. especially in those Northern Corridor trails. It doesn't work as hard to keep up to WD.

My dealer in Barrie has been fantastic and reliable to me. So it's only BRP. Maybe a turbo 4 stroke when they start to take notice of us flatlanders again.

Sorry for the verbal diarrhea, Jeff. Maybe ride with you and the Dutchman again soon.

No worries.. looking forward to riding again also..little worried about all this mountain hype. I do not have a problem with it, but seems like that's their  focus..for the record i am now debating a 850 also..id really hate to have to buy a t-cat or sidewinder.. id never hear the end of it from Canuck or sledjunk..8-)

The optional remote coupler block adjuster seems like a cool idea as well. I wonder if it would freeze up easily. 

Saw it on this accessories video. Gotta give Doo some credit for some cool ideas. 

7 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

The optional remote coupler block adjuster seems like a cool idea as well. I wonder if it would freeze up easily. 

Saw it on this accessories video. Gotta give Doo some credit for some cool ideas. 

I remember when Ski Doo had a cool idea to make the secondary and jack shaft all one unit - [that was cool]

Also deleting the recoil starter as standard equipment and charging extra for it as an option. [Now that was a cool idea] That's right up there like charging a dollar to use the washroom on airplanes. :)

11 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

No worries.. looking forward to riding again also..little worried about all this mountain hype. I do not have a problem with it, but seems like that's their  focus..for the record i am now debating a 850 also..id really hate to have to buy a t-cat or sidewinder.. id never hear the end of it from Canuck or sledjunk..8-)

IQ, both the guys I rode wirh on the big loop liked their Sidewinders. As WD said in a post they were comparable to his Switchback on fuel but my 800 etec was still a bit better. Still you have to take into consideration with me on the sled and my size the other 3 were weighing in more than me. The only negative comment from one of the Sidewinder guys "It's a great motor but it's a Yammi in a piece of crap AC chassis". 

Don't switch from BRP. Got to keep us Doo guys together.

Will be at the show in Barrie on the Friday night maybe see you there when we're both buying our new 850's.

12 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

If you go 2 smoke, Frank is going to make you ride at the back :poke2:

IQ, both the guys I rode wirh on the big loop liked their Sidewinders. As WD said in a post they were comparable to his Switchback on fuel but my 800 etec was still a bit better. Still you have to take into consideration with me on the sled and my size the other 3 were weighing in more than me. The only negative comment from one of the Sidewinder guys "It's a great motor but it's a Yammi in a piece of crap AC chassis". 

Don't switch from BRP. Got to keep us Doo guys together.

Will be at the show in Barrie on the Friday night maybe see you there when we're both buying our new 850's.

We will be there Saturday am.. decisions..

Decisions...

5 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

You make a good point, but what if we are both riding them??. Then WHAT SJ..8-):icon_steer:

So far the 850 is a trouble free motor. Wonder how they will hold up after some miles. I'am waiting to see if rockerdan is going to jump ship from his 1200 too. He wore out orginal 800 Etec in two seasons.

13 hours ago, sledjunk said:

If you go 2 smoke, Frank is going to make you ride at the back :poke2:

That won't happen.

8 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

So far the 850 is a trouble free motor.

Ask Poncho, among several others, that blew up their 850s at under 1000km ...... I'll build a points & condenser engine before I get an Etec. ....

15 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Ask Poncho, among several others, that blew up their 850s at under 1000km ...... I'll build a points & condenser engine before I get an Etec. ....

It was suppose to be a tough motor. Let Etec turbo try one out next season and see what happens :-).

Archived