white dragon

finally have ny photobucket back...

fire 242 & I met the guys in esponola thurs evening.after introductions & few drinks,we were eager to get a early start fri morning.

we were up & on the trail at 8 am sharp,8:07 we pulled into timmies.esponola trails were very thin but groomed & rock hard.we all had heating issues & could smell sliders.as my cell was dead,no pics.once past Elliot lk area the trails were much better,we arrived in Aubrey fall around 1;30 ish.fueled up & had great lunch,.our trip teered on this washout,when we came up to it we were all relieved the water dropped & was a ez crossing.the trails were nice,but it was getting later in aft & had long way to go.we finally arrived at halfway haven by 8ish.greeted by sean as ususal with big smile & great food.sean told me he had 19 cancellations this wk-end due to wash-out causing trail to close.so place was ours,we all got to know each other over drinks.myself & another ocer decided to wait up for the groomer from wawa

20170204_024923_zpszydbiuav.jpg

I think he beat us to bed.with 450 kms behind us,bedtime

20170204_095933_zpsyjoin90u.jpg

next morning was alittle slower pace & our shortest distance.trails was groomed by our friend.

20170204_134115_zpsjwifb0um.jpg

we made it to magpie by 2ish & decided to make a run to ernies burgers.pat was busy with a fun raiser intown,we were on our own.pat dubriul's dad  gave us directions..( the trail is like a ighway)we had a lake crossing with no stakes & of course as we got there it became a snow-storm...both there & back,was alittle scary

20170204_170531_zpso6ssapca.jpg

ernie opened up for just the 5 of us

once back at magpie we ran into scott & paige,plan to meet for drinks later.met with pat the manger for quick chat & said he too would be down for drinks.8 riders from hearst were also there,the party room was fairly full & great time

20170205_002335_zps1g2sakwf.jpg

L to R -mr dubreil,pat (manger & bro inlaw)ac+ya (scott)paige,pat drbreil & crawdaddy & myself in back...called mr & pat dubreilville a couple times,o boy

pat dubreil is a great guy with a lot of passion about motorsports in his area,was great to meet he...good partier lots of laffs

next morning was alittle cooler but trails were sweet

20170205_113807_zps4odwidrd.jpg

we filled up in hornepaye & stopped at the warm up shack on way to hearst.when we pull to shack a girl pops her head out & chimneys smoking ? we all think dream come true...nah,, she was with hearst gang waiting for them

20170205_151611_zpsvwtfxvav.jpg

we made another stop before hearst

20170205_163016_zpsvpkkxhap.jpg

20170205_163034_zps3ydho6b0.jpg

do you see it ?

once in hearst we put our sleds in garage at companion,while in my room,crawdaddy & grizz were outside when denis drove by on his alpine & toboggan in tow...pop..du..pop..pop..du..pop...pop...just a smiling...think crawdaddy might have scared him alittle...lol..denis joined uis fior a couple drinks at super bowl party.

after dinner temp were -25 & a coup was coming together.crawdaddy was pushing for early start to hit canyon thru srf then Cochrane.fabio was inside man/room-mate,was suppose to drug him to make him sleep in...woke up with hard on...wrong blue pill

bloody cold in morning but trails were sweet,trails around moonbean were perfect.we stopped at clubhouse for pic & guy was cleaning up & invited us in for coffee,so cool

couple shots ($20) of camp

20170206_143827_zpsnzechwwu.jpg

20170206_150924_zpsfju5grr6.jpg

trails to canyon on both side were so so compared to usual.went to jr for dinner

next day went thru Kirkland lake to gowganda,trail were amazing until close to auld reekeis.low snow & tuff terrain is the cause....but

20170208_065724_zpsj5cqs0jw.jpg

20170208_075517_zpsnrsyxp3e.jpg

20170208_075521_zpswwxriekd.jpg

had good time at aulds,good food & service

logging roads rock

20170208_104928_zpsi6oq0lmj.jpg

20170208_104949_zpseyhdta3q.jpg

got alittle lost around Sudbury but not too bad

20170208_162622_zpsks1znpai.jpg

20170208_162633_zpsmpvi5arw.jpg

was along day back to esponola but new snow made it better

had a great time with 4 guys I never met before but sure glad I did & 1 guy whose been putting up with me for yrs -fire242

Great fun meeting up with the gang , Lmfao at blue pill story, Lady Gaga rocked the halftime show 4000 % increase in online sales 2 days after. ..

Can't wait for the next trip report buddy !!!

Looks like a good time, doing the same ride but I'm dropping in Sudbury, will be starting Thursday morning.  How did the sidewinders do on fuel?  Carry any extra with you?

3 hours ago, yamaha06 said:

Looks like a good time, doing the same ride but I'm dropping in Sudbury, will be starting Thursday morning.  How did the sidewinders do on fuel?  Carry any extra with you?

sidewinders & axys are same...,we brought gas but never really needed

Sounds like you had a great trip!  Similar trip to ours, we were a day behind you on some legs.  Report to come....

Great post WD! Reminded me of a couple of year's ago when I got lost on Dog Lake in a blizzard - stakes absent - had been there on a summer fishing trip at Ernies so at some point remembered the power lines in sight led you back to the trail - not until I had seen most of the lake before then or as much as seen in driving snow.

58a42e5208062_doglakeblizzard.jpg.869efffdbe9ea5d9d363d46593b92ed5.jpg

And for those who haven't seen an Ernie's Burger....

58a4366c29426_ernieburger.jpg.950c4810926200c2724fe57805c095c2.jpg

Thanks again!

Thanks for putting the ride together Crawdaddy.  Sure was tired when I got home.  Thanks to Northstar and White Dragon for keeping us entertained with their stories.  Great trip. Fire242 saved my butt when I lost my helmet visor screw and came up with a spare.  No substitute for being prepared. Over 3200 miles on the SW now and had to take it in for oil change etc.  Season not over yet.  My buddies and I we're planning a RAP tour this weekend but 6 and 7 degree temps have killed that idea.

Great report!  Nice seeing you guys.  Glad it all came together.  Been crazy weather this season, but you timed it well enough to make it around that loop.  Planning on a loop running around south like that in a couple weeks, so hoping then snow can come back after this weekend of warm.

Take care.

Scott

Hope this warm weekend doesn't affect my trip to much just looked at the weather and it doesn't look to good!

Good to hear you a had great trip and condolences to those who met you. LOL

Great report as ususal Glenn. If I'd been doing my job as Amber had asked maybe your phone would have been charged for pics of the first day.Lol

I did see it.

Thanks to Chris for organizing this ride. Great meeting and riding with Crawdaddy,Northstar,Fabio and Grizzly Griff.Can't wait to do it again.Always a blast and great time riding with you over the years. Sure missed Bill. Great to see Dennis again. As well as Scott and Paige.

Elliot Lake 1 

image.thumb.jpeg.d9494ed920dd6ad28ccc6c5de1379498.jpeg

Halfway Haven

image.thumb.jpeg.65a0c63ada4cb339f9f6e479671067c7.jpeg

Missanabie Fire

image.thumb.jpeg.9939660ee0b6c85b6195226f4fb8dc09.jpeg

How many people have read this momument it only happened in 1963

image.thumb.jpeg.45205fcc196d59766122e9a628088ecb.jpeg

Met Kered

image.thumb.jpeg.00e07c07666d4586b19f862f6ed6ed62.jpeg

Great pics and report. One of the highlights of our similar trip was meeting Kered ('Derek' on his birth certificate lol) and Cathy at Shining Tree Camp & Fuel.  A true love of winter activities. You could just see it in their compound and store.

Thx again for assembling photos and posting.

Fire242, about the Reesor monument, my wifes' grandparents are connected.  Granddad stayed home knowing it was going to get ugly the day of the "incident".  He was right, and didn't get dead.

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Fire242, about the Reesor monument, my wifes' grandparents are connected.  Granddad stayed home knowing it was going to get ugly the day of the "incident".  He was right, and didn't get dead.

hard to believe that happened just over 50 yrs ago...

Awesome report Glenn... you pretty much nailed it lol... your quite the character in a good way, lmao with the blue pill lol... I had a great time with everyone... how can't you see it lol... thanks Chris and everyone who was involved in this trip... best northern trip I have had...

let's do another trip in march...

3 hours ago, Fabio said:

Awesome report Glenn... you pretty much nailed it lol... your quite the character in a good way, lmao with the blue pill lol... I had a great time with everyone... how can't you see it lol... thanks Chris and everyone who was involved in this trip... best northern trip I have had...

for sure Fabio,we'll plan another northern rip

funny%20monkey_zpsgxvx5owc.jpg

Great photos and nice write-up Glenn.  Looks like a fun trip.

12 hours ago, Fabio said:

Hey Fab! Most definitely!

I've got your number and let you know once WD(the planner) has a place and dates.

Hopefully you're up for a second northern blast with us. Lol!

sounds like a great trip, those are some long days 

thx for sharing pics

Glenn Great pics and a great story also

Awesome

Greg

Archived