Old B trail B112 from Minden up to happy wanderers

It's been a few years now that it hasn't opened.   There was a bridge issue that I believe was dealt with.

Minden has always been a bit of a black hole with HCSA at least for 10+ years.  

Need someone(s) to step up in the area IMO.  

16 is also closed now.  Been a few years for it too.  The lack of real cold weather is an issue for some of the lease used bush trails.

16 was logged for the past few years and is in very rough condition. It would need considerable work (summer prep) and lots of snow to get open. Hopefully next year.

B112 had the bridge replced a couple of years ago. It is also a tough trail to get open. Lots of deep water crossings and mud. It gets used by lots of ATV's and offroad vehicles in the summer and gets beat up pretty bad. Another trail that needs very cold weather and plenty of snow. Don't know what's happening with it this season.

Both are fun trails when the conditions are good.

Trail 4, open to Hwy 35 because of the bridge put in last year to reopen behind the cemetery. Looks like someone already stepped up.

Trail 4 to B closed until Parks Canada finishes work on the Dam. Not in HCSA or Minden Hills control.

Trail B112 open from B103 to Minden/ 4. This will get you to unstaked lakes if you know them.

Trail B112 from Minden to Hwy 118 is currently closed. The "off season" traffic has degraded the trail to the point of almost ungroomable.

Trail 16 from B to Sherborn is open for the first time in a few years.

Trail 16 from Sherborn to Tall pines is closed. Been logged and no trail improvements were done.

All this is on the IG and HCSA website, no mysteries.

Livin'

This is what happens on the B112 during the summer. Keep this in mind when you are wondering why the trail isn't open yet. They did the same thing to the #9, it took $100k to fix the trail!!

I guess we need to start lying big logs across trails that these 4x4 users like. Seen Kearney do that and it keeps out atv's too. 

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

I guess we need to start lying big logs across trails that these 4x4 users like. Seen Kearney do that and it keeps out atv's too. 

As I am not familiar with the trails mentioned above, I would ask if it is private or road allowance. I mean is there a chance that some of these trails are technically ok for the off roaders to use? I don't like seeing trails getting abused to that point and then its up to the local volunteer snowmobile club fixing them.

We have had these issues also. Road allowance leads to private land, but the 4x4s don't know or care for that matter. They have been playing in there for years.  We put up gates and signs - they pull them down. Put up cement highway barriers - they use a couple trucks and winches and move them. Pile up earth and stone, now they just cut a trail around.

Pretty much all Crown land. Not much that we can do except work with the off road clubs to see what can be done to fix the really bad spots.

its a problem with all the clubs, the 4x4 groups dont want smooth trails and dig water holes , then we get together and fix it, be coming soon when the mnr gets involved and shuts down motorized access for all.

Need minor reroute for the sled crew and leave the holes there for the mud gang.  Unless the whole trail is that bad. ....

2 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Need minor reroute for the sled crew and leave the holes there for the mud gang.  Unless the whole trail is that bad. ....

Whole trail isn't bad, just sections. Good suggestion.

17 hours ago, gobills said:

It's a rough tough trail.  Lots of rocks 

That describes a lot of trails in the area.

It's simply not a priority for the club and hasn't been for some time.  Need some local to the area folks to step up.   

I may be one of those in the next 5 years but not currently (at the north end).  Hopefully the trail is still there and accessible then.

Archived