B Trail from Trail 8 intersection ( Beech River ) to Baker Lake swamp

Enjoyed an early morning ride today. B trail was outstanding - Little Hawk to Trail 8 on the west and Trail 8 ( Duck Lake Rd. ) to Eagle Lake on the east. The only question is ... ? B Trail from the Trail 8 intersection on the Beech side over to the Baker Lake swamp. When the groomer is either going up towards Little Hawk or coming down to Trail 8 Carnarvon, why can't this loop get done at the same time ? Time for some groomer love on this stretch of trail that seems to have become the orphan child of HCSA.  Same story for the Tulip Rd. side as well. Loop it when the other side gets groomed as well ?B_Tr 8_Baker Lake_edit.jpg

taken from today's ITG.

It's the B not the 4. Remember, we have gone from 6 to 5 groomers and that has extended the shifts to the max. Choices have to be made on "in and out " runs and this section has been on regular rotation recently every night. It was skipped last night as time did not permit, Baker's pond is a NO GO with a groomer as it is bottomless regardless of water levels. I rode it today, and it is tempting to send one in but I think I know the result. We have a tracked ATV with a small drag insured, serviced, and ready to go that could do the pond as it did last year. All we are missing is a volunteer to do this. OFSC does not pay for small equipment to groom, therefore we cannot afford to pay a paid groomer operator to run it.

Livin'

Hey Livin' if someone can drop off the ATV and drag and I can groom Bakers Pond. I'll even do it no charge. Trade you an HCSA sled and toboggan for the ATV,lol.

I know you said you would do it! So here is where we are at;

We will do this like the IG,

ATV with tracks, insured serviced and ready to go. Green

Trailer to haul said unit at clubhouse. Green

Volunteer to fix lumpy swamp. Green

Volunteer to pickup said unit. Red

Volunteer to pick up crappy sled already at jrhz's house that he and Cayuna used to stake lakes. Red

Let's turn this Green guys!! PM or call if you can help. 705 457 4263

Livin'

Hi Livin'

Not saying to groom the actual swamp, just up to both sides of it when the groomers are nearby.  The ATV to groom the swamp moguls is welcome news as well. Thanks !

If someone wants to get the stuff here, I can even groom the Beech River bridge.

4 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

If someone wants to get the stuff here, I can even groom the Beech River bridge.

I have a heavy duty car-hauler flat bed. We can work something out. PM me.

All co-ordinated, Thanks Cayuna with your help we'll make this happen sooner than later.

Good deal guys.

Livin'

I rode thru the swamp on Friday on my way to Dorset. There was still abit of water in low lying area's. Sleds were just running every where. Was hard to tell, which was the safe way to go. It wasn't too bad if you go slow, some really deep holes though. B trail was good most of the way, took the lakes up and came back d101b to B. ( it was ploughed awhile ago, but had good snow overage on Friday and was flat and fast. 61 in tall pines system as well, was ploughed too.  HCSA is doing some good work and has good signage compared to some of the neighbouring clubs. Had a. Good couple of days. Only slush I hit was on Kennis lake (taking short cut back to base camp after the poker run). Wasn't a marked stake line, so that was expected, only small area's about the size of a picnic table or so in a few spots. 

B was groomed from the intersection at 8 right to Bakers Pond last night with the groomer and Baker Pond was done this morning with the tracked atv and mini drag. B is really nice and Bakers pond is better but needs a few more passes which it will get before the weekend.

B Trail was absolutely fantastic this morning - up to Eagle as well as up to the Hawks. The grooming doesn't get any better than this ! Outstanding effort by Livin' and the grooming crew. I know Livin' pulled out an extra magic trick to get the B groomed up to the Baker Lake swamp. Thank you Sir !!! Also, a huge shout out for John the Groomer ( aka jrhz06 ) for grooming the Beech River Bridge and the Baker Lake swamp monster with the mini drag. udaman ! :) HCSA is looking like the Premiere Club of the OFSC. We're livn' the dream.

Archived