Just curious if this trail is going to open at all?  I thought there was a reroute planned??

I've been on the red portion ( yes the closed section) of the trail spoke with the landowners along a portion of  this trail,and hcsa has asked for the gates to be open.  Just curious when a groomer might make a pass.  I realize there are some challenges with the dam construction but there are sleds making it along the road(which is tough).   I've said this before this is a major route for people looking to make a loop.   Everyone I stop and talk to is asking the same questions where is the groomer.   I have spoken with hcsa and let them know I did some tree removal along  a portion of the trail to help in getting it open.

On another note I spoke with the groomer operator who does the trail going to Whitney today and he would really apreciate if anyone who passes him while he is going east if they would stay in the middle of the fresh groomed Trail so he can still make it smooth on his way back.  Obviously stay on the right when need be.

Trail 4 use to be riding down shoulder of bobcayagon road. It was only trail you could pass dump trucks on. LOL. Locals use to avoid it, at all costs. There was a few nice sections going thru the bush, inbetween the long road run though.

We ran down St Nora and Kushog which were staked, then Boshkung, 12 Mile and Mountain which weren't staked, then ran the hwy 35 ditch bang trail to Scotchline where we picked up the open and groomed portion of HCSA #4. The new route into Minden is fantastic and takes out a big chunk off the road run along Bobcaygeon. However DON'T attempt if you don't know these unstaked lakes, very slushy and the open water areas are much bigger than usual.

One of our favorite loops to do out of the cottage, pretty close to 50% trail and 50% lake running.  Hats off to the HCSA crew of volunteers, your trails have been great this season :cheers:

58a3b14b70be5_LandsandLakes.thumb.jpg.a6d0d8711503f268be82b2b96eac67a0.jpg

Interesting route. The unstaked lakes have some real sketchy sections so, as you said, DON'T go on them unless you know them. Livin' and the groomers deserve the credit for the good trails. He's pretty much a one man show, doesn't get much support. A couple of people have stepped up to help but not near enough volunteers.

13 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

Interesting route. The unstaked lakes have some real sketchy sections so, as you said, DON'T go on them unless you know them. Livin' and the groomers deserve the credit for the good trails. He's pretty much a one man show, doesn't get much support. A couple of people have stepped up to help but not near enough volunteers.

Wished I lived closer, so I could give living a hand. He has done a great job bring riders back to the area. If there is some off season work and if timing is right, I could make it up for a few days and lend a hand. Have an atv to ride in. 

Thanks  for the offer VR. We could probably use a hand with some summer grooming. I'll let you know.

16 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

Doodette and I are in a temp lease cottage in Kinmount for this winter, but take possession of our new place in Howland Junction that backs right onto the rail bed March 24th.  Both pretty busy with our home clubs, districts and OFSC stuff, and will be busy with reno's on the new place, but we will make sure to find some time to help out HCSA going forward. Both of us can brush and build like beavers, good with events and social media promo's, and I've been grooming for over 10 years. 

On February 14, 2017 at 8:40 PM, Nutter said:

We ran down St Nora and Kushog which were staked, then Boshkung, 12 Mile and Mountain which weren't staked, then ran the hwy 35 ditch bang trail to Scotchline where we picked up the open and groomed portion of HCSA #4. The new route into Minden is fantastic and takes out a big chunk off the road run along Bobcaygeon. However DON'T attempt if you don't know these unstaked lakes, very slushy and the open water areas are much bigger than usual.

One of our favorite loops to do out of the cottage, pretty close to 50% trail and 50% lake running.  Hats off to the HCSA crew of volunteers, your trails have been great this season :cheers:

58a3b14b70be5_LandsandLakes.thumb.jpg.a6d0d8711503f268be82b2b96eac67a0.jpg

Ive done basically this same loop a few times.  12 mile, mountain, and little boshkung are NEVER staked.   I won't run big bosh, only little bosh. and 12 mile has been funky this year as well.

Thanks everyone for the offers of help! Nutter, that route you showed is one we use a lot but not if you don't know it. Not staked by any clubs, but fun. I did hear there was some new/old  sledders coming to our area, I will send you a PM. Looks like we will be neighbors.

Livin'

Archived