Kennissis Lake

If it was staked, signed and safe it likely wouldn't be red on the OFSC map. The map often shows updates on Thursday's so check it tomorrow afternoon.

This was posted yesterday in the general forums. I'm quoting the guy that should know.

"Kennisis is NOT STAKED!! I just got a text from the guy who does that for us and there are issues. There is some open water near the dam. I will update in the HCSA section when I know more.

Livin' "

HCSA can update any time we have something to update and D6 is very good at posting it quickly. There are mandatory days for reporting on the IG, but I have no problem updating on "off" days. I just got home from staking lakes, and Kennissis is not one of them. There is a group of locals/cottagers that do this for us and I was sent an update that Friday morning is the day. It will show up on the IG, HCSA website, and our Facebook as soon as it is done. I will also post here as time permits.

Livin'

Is Big Hawk lake in the same boat as Kenniss and I heard the tall pines end near trail 62 is trouble (apparently there was a fair bit of open water earlier in the week. Not sure what it is like now.

5 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Is Big Hawk lake in the same boat as Kenniss and I heard the tall pines end near trail 62 is trouble (apparently there was a fair bit of open water earlier in the week. Not sure what it is like now.

Came onto Big Hawk via Little Hawk narrows this morning. Up to Clear Lake and Red Pine, over to Kennis - All really good. Nice, crisp running this morning too. I don't swing up to Trail 62, nor enter Kennesis via the dam, so no comment on that. 

1 minute ago, Cuyuna said:

Came onto Big Hawk via Little Hawk narrows this morning. Up to Clear Lake and Red Pine, over to Kennis - All really good. Nice, crisp running this morning too. I don't swing up to Trail 62, nor enter Kennesis via the dam, so no comment on that. 

Thanks I will take the B over and get on Hawk lake and go your route over to dorset. Nice run for sunday. Thanks for the update.

Not sure of that end of Big Hawk over to Sherborne, maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Hawk to Sherborne is good to go. Sherborne and Raven are both staked. The short section of trail from Raven to D101B, (trail 61), is plowed so its a bit thin but still has enough snow on it to keep the temps down. Big Hawk, Clear and Pine are getting staked tomorrow.

I was personally involved in  staking Kushog, St Nora, and Sherborn yesterday. That last of our lakes should be done tomorrow and will be updated as info comes in from our crews. Check the IG, there is a whole lot of Green trails here! More to come tomorrow.

Livin'

41 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

I was personally involved in  staking Kushog, St Nora, and Sherborn yesterday. That last of our lakes should be done tomorrow and will be updated as info comes in from our crews. Check the IG, there is a whole lot of Green trails here! More to come tomorrow.

Livin'

Thanks again!!  More on b112? ?? Or trail 4???

We took the trail to the dam on kenissis. It didn't look great to us, and the road had lots of snow, so we did the safe thing and ran it over to where the trail goes into HF. 

Kennisis is staked. Last of our lakes are being done now. Please refer to IG for updates on lake status later today.

Livin'

Archived