Oh S!*t I need HELP List

soupkids

Email sent, PM didn't work.

Great idea, thank you.

On 2/9/2017 at 4:25 PM, hi-mileage said:

Sent 

on the Goldwing site I'm on they do this and have a members book.You also list if you have -

-room for the night

-what tools u have 

-trailer for emergency pick up

-snowmobile under water recovery

Added one for your list there hi-mileage. BTW - was inspired by your sled trip to western NFLD a few year's ago and have got a trip in the works. Thanks!

I'll add my info to soupkid's list once spending more time at the camp - DunAhmic region. Until recently, you would have to speak Persian to get any help. (which come to think of it might have been pretty entertaining)

Edited by slomo

Email sent Soup. Thanks very much for all your work on this excellent idea.

email sent ..

people should also just post up here as well if they have an issue trail side.

Edited by infernobuster

Version 1 of the list will be ready this week sometime, was a busy weekend for me.

Domino said that there is a way that the list can be posted here and only approved persons can download it or member of this site can only download it.

I'll get Domino to post of exactly how it can be done and then anybody who has sent me their info can say yay or nay to the options. 

There are several options.  

1.  Host file, open access

2.  Password protect the file download.  Anyone with the password can download it.  Password can be passed around.

3.  Add Members to a special forum security group enabling access to the file for those in that group.

Info sent.

FWIW, I prefer Domino's option 3

I would vote for Domino's option 3 as well.

1 hour ago, sledjunk said:

Info sent.

FWIW, I prefer Domino's option 3

Me too.  It's not something we want to see let loose everywhere.  It's our personal phone # and a certain respect has to come with our sharing it with the group.

No spam texts or e-mails will be tolerated, if my # gets spread outside the realm here, I'll change my # and remove myself from this site.  Not a joke.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Me too.  It's not something we want to see let loose everywhere.  It's our personal phone # and a certain respect has to come with our sharing it with the group.

No spam texts or e-mails will be tolerated, if my # gets spread outside the realm here, I'll change my # and remove myself from this site.  Not a joke.

Looks like option 3 it is.

I can assure you Denis, I will not release any information I have collected

• Like 1

I like Option 3 as well, I also know that if any of us here were in trouble on the trail or needed help and posted it on the General Forum that the members on here would do their best to assist, I know this from personal experience.

The Official list is done with the submissions to date.

The following persons are on the list

soupkids
Sledjunk

Denis007
infernobuster

Sneaks
Piston Lake Cruiser
Shawnd2
Trophy Hunter 
mcZed38

Guppy
manotickmike
Hi-mileage
Matt17
lastzrt
Popeye
OntarioF7
jrhz06
Nunz
andreyboater
Cuyuna
SuperG
GoBills
blue er

I will be sending the list to Domino so he can do his thing with the list.

I have shortened the information on the list so that it will fit on 8.5 x 11.

This way you should be able to download it to you mobile device.

The list should be put up here sometime today by Domino.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

I have shortened the information on the list so that it will fit on 8.5 x 11.

This way you should be able to download it to you mobile device.

The list should be put up here sometime today by Domino.

It was posted last night.  There is now a forum area called 'Emergency Contact".

For those on the list, here is a direct link.  

Only those on the list will be able to access the above link.

Others will see this instead:

No Access.JPG

• Like 2

The list will be updated weekly with changes put up by domino Thursday.

Each time the list is updated it will have a different R#

I'm curious as to how this works. Obviously it's a way to get help should one NEED it while out riding in the event of an accident or break down while riding and in dangerous temps or conditions. How would, let's say myself, was out on a great ride..... -8, blue skies, trails were just groomed, no other tracks for miles and miles and I'm jamming along to my own song then all of a sudden... BOOM! We have another downed Cat. How do I get a hold of another Cat lol to get help if I can't see the list of members in areas and their numbers???? Or is this a secret society and you gotta be on the list in the first place? I'm of no use to help in any quick fashion from my location in Hamilton but would like to know what this is about. Can someone shed some light for me. 

Can't answer your question but one possible senario could be, if you have trouble give me a shout. You have my e-mail and I have no issue sending you my phone number. I have access to the list and could contact someone in the area that you're in.

6 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

I'm curious as to how this works. Obviously it's a way to get help should one NEED it while out riding in the event of an accident or break down while riding and in dangerous temps or conditions. How would, let's say myself, was out on a great ride..... -8, blue skies, trails were just groomed, no other tracks for miles and miles and I'm jamming along to my own song then all of a sudden... BOOM! We have another downed Cat. How do I get a hold of another Cat lol to get help if I can't see the list of members in areas and their numbers???? Or is this a secret society and you gotta be on the list in the first place? I'm of no use to help in any quick fashion from my location in Hamilton but would like to know what this is about. Can someone shed some light for me. 

From my perspective if you volunteer your information to be on the oh sh*t list you have access to the other people on the list. I would think for example that before heading out to perhaps Parry Sound I would check the list for contacts in that area and take the information with me. If I broke down I would call from the list and hope to get help

Couple of things.

Thanks to all who have sent me their info for the list.

I will be updating the list next week and have it ready for domino to put up to download.

If anybody would like a copy of the list please contact me and I will email it to you.

I will post up who I have sent it to.

I just sent in my info. Last sunday 1/2 my day was spent not sledding... on the drive up to my sled i saw a guy with his rev 800 shrouds all off on the trail at concession 4 in Elmvale. No spark. Drove him down to his truck/trailer in almost Angus, and led him back. Wifey only gave me the day "off", but it felt good to help someone and i still went for a ride.

• Like 4

Thank JZ and 02.  It's a cool thing you've all got there. I'm of no use to anyone really to be on a list or I would. Thanks as well John that's much appreciated. I'm still hoping to get out your way this year. I'm going to pass on family weekend and wait to see what happens after this warm front we're going to get and make a trip in a couple weeks. Nothing ever pans out when I first try to make plans to go north and ride. Cheers! 

On 2/6/2017 at 8:51 PM, soupkids said:

As mentioned on another thread it would be nice to have a "help me" list for different areas.

email me the following with a subject line of contact info and I will compile the list.

Name

Address

Phone # (best one to get you on the majority of the time)

Area of help 

email address

Screen name

soupkids@fibreop.ca

Sent 

Thank you

I submitted my info last week but I don't see where I did that, did you receive?

Yes, I've been a bit slow in updating the list as the weather was not cooperating with sledding.