A110Q from Quebec

zrtkat

On 2/5/2017 at 11:45 AM, zrtkat said:

We are coming from Quebec on the 18th of February we will be heading to New Liskeard we have rooms booked at the waterfront inn no rooms available that weekend only room we can find is at the waterfront,the only problem right now the trail is Red to waterfront.

I am thinking if that trail is unavailable to the Waterfront we will take the A110Q tp kirkland Lake and stay there it shows green on map ?????

never been on that trail  just trying to have a plan just in case we have to change plans ,not really wanting to take the lake to the waterfront not familiar with that area coming from the river from Quebec

Any input will be greatly appreciated

all this planning is stressing out Zrtkat:blink:

worrying about the weather:(

Greg

Hi zrtkat,

The Waterfront is actually "the place to stay", (beverage store across the street, restaurant inside, Timmys walking distance up the street) trick is to get the rooms booked early because NL is always busy with hockey all winter. (Also, you picked a holiday weekend - Monday is a holiday in Ontario) We use to stay at the Quality when it wasn't, but have used the WF for at least 8 years. As has been noted, pretty well impossible to miss the hotel, keeping to the right as you come down the river, and go around the pier. Watch for trucks driving onto the lake fishing, and also note that the river has years where the ice is jammed up on the sides - so some years the center is best. If you like, and you use Garmin, I can send you the plots, as seen in the pic I will post. 

Also, strongly recommend you make a reservation for the restaurant if you are more than 2 people, as early as you can, pretty popular spot in town.

Also, search you tube APEXLTX56 Waterfront (2013) for my video - starting up in the back (lake facing) of the WF.

Cheers

WF GPS.png

1 hour ago, bramsay said:

If we don't get the lake trail staked from Quebec to New Liskeard turn right when you hit the river after leaving Notre Dame du Nord and take the L190 - L189 towards New Liskeard.  We can only stake it on Saturday if it isn't snowing - you have to be able to see where you are going to put the stakes out.  

As soon as we are done staking (if we are able to do it) we will let the district manager know and she will mark it green on the ITG.

Great stuff. Thanks..

2 hours ago, zrtkat said:

I hope so Jeff this weather keeps changing each one is different just hoping it stays cold 

will be on the lookout for you guys

Greg

We will be riding 3 1200 doo's and a Apex.. Looks like we will be meeting on the trails.. look forward to it..

Thanks gadgetman for all your info on trail.do not have gps but should get one

The A107Q lake trail is now staked.  Just waiting for the ITG to show it as green.  Look for Bear Rock on your way.  It should be obvious with our hideous signs.

1 hour ago, bramsay said:

The A107Q lake trail is now staked.  Just waiting for the ITG to show it as green.  Look for Bear Rock on your way.  It should be obvious with our hideous signs.

Good work Bill, I always liked rounding Bear Rock, didn't know it had a name though.

Archived