A110Q from Quebec

zrtkat

We are coming from Quebec on the 18th of February we will be heading to New Liskeard we have rooms booked at the waterfront inn no rooms available that weekend only room we can find is at the waterfront,the only problem right now the trail is Red to waterfront.

I am thinking if that trail is unavailable to the Waterfront we will take the A110Q tp kirkland Lake and stay there it shows green on map ?????

never been on that trail  just trying to have a plan just in case we have to change plans ,not really wanting to take the lake to the waterfront not familiar with that area coming from the river from Quebec

Any input will be greatly appreciated

all this planning is stressing out Zrtkat:blink:

worrying about the weather:(

Greg

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

Greg, if the lake in New liskeard is not showing at least limited, do not take it. Waterfront Inn is a great place to stay.  A110Q into Kirkland is ok to run. Come into virgina town, and across larder lake. It is staked and good to go.

Thanks Jeff my thoughts Exactly do not want to cross that lake late at night looking for the waterfront, no rooms available at enono lodge,Quality Inn,holiday Express, I Guess there is a hockey game that weekend,

Where would you stay at Kirkland Lake ??????

If that trail is still not available we will just head to Kirkland Lake

Greg

Typically the Wabi River is in good shape even when the lake is not. Since it shows green on the upper half, I'd check with locals to see if it's safe to use the lower half to cut around to your hotel (right around the corner from the river opening). Either local club or Ski dealer at the base of town.

15 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Thanks Jeff my thoughts Exactly do not want to cross that lake late at night looking for the waterfront, no rooms available at enono lodge,Quality Inn,holiday Express, I Guess there is a hockey game that weekend,

Where would you stay at Kirkland Lake ??????

If that trail is still not available we will just head to Kirkland Lake

Greg

Microtel in Kirkland lake is nice.  New, modern, nice rooms, pool, hot tub and hot breakfast included.  For dinner you have to order in or go out.  Mama's take out was great for us.

It is located directly across from the Comfort Inn on the West side of town.

On 2017-02-05 at 11:45 AM, zrtkat said:

We are coming from Quebec on the 18th of February we will be heading to New Liskeard we have rooms booked at the waterfront inn no rooms available that weekend only room we can find is at the waterfront,the only problem right now the trail is Red to waterfront.

I am thinking if that trail is unavailable to the Waterfront we will take the A110Q tp kirkland Lake and stay there it shows green on map ?????

never been on that trail  just trying to have a plan just in case we have to change plans ,not really wanting to take the lake to the waterfront not familiar with that area coming from the river from Quebec

Greg

The river is fine to the Waterfront Inn. We were there this weekend. 

17 hours ago, Evil said:

The river is fine to the Waterfront Inn. We were there this weekend. 

Thank You Evil

We will be coming in from Quebec is the Waterfront hard to find from that direction ,is the trail Staked ???? A little Nervous as it will be late at night when we get back into Ontario from Val-Dor

Thank-You for your help

Zrtkat

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:45 AM, zrtkat said:

Greg

Damn we will be missing you guys by one day, we are driving into Val Dor on the 19th. Hope you have a great trip.

Nunz

2 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Thank You Evil

We will be coming in from Quebec is the Waterfront hard to find from that direction ,is the trail Staked ???? A little Nervous as it will be late at night when we get back into Ontario from Val-Dor

Thank-You for your help

Zrtkat

The waterfront inn is not hard to find at all. If your riding down the the river towards the lake, once your at the rivers end stay to the right and follow shoreline around the corner. Its right there..Follow the point around. Heres a pic of what it looks like standing at the end of the Waterfront Inn looking at the rivers mouth opening into Lake temiskaming..And a pic of what the place looks like. Very easy to find Greg.The Wabi river starts at the point you see in the pic.

DSCF2601.JPG

DSCF2597.JPG

The mouth of the Blanche river on the east end of A107Q is often thin ice.  Make sure you climb the west bank as soon as you see tracks or trail signs near the lake.

The Wabi river trail at the west end of A107Q right around the corner from the hotel is typically good.

17 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Thank You Evil

Thank-You for your help

Zrtkat

Like others stated, it's not hard to find at all.  Assuming your taking the land trail and not the lake.  Take L-193 off of A107Q then make a left on the river and follow the river to the lake, stay to the right once you come on to the lake, you will see the Waterfront Inn.  Great hotel, great food at the restaurant bar.  Liquor store across the road. 

New Liskeard Waterfront Inn.JPG

Evil, They would be coming from Quebec ( Notre-Dame du Nord) and down A107Q on the Blanche river, not from the hotels north of New Liskeard as you state.  That piece of A107Q dead-ends at the hotel and there is no land trail east to the Blanche river anymore.

They could come from the same Quebec trail (Notre-Dame Du Nord), hit the Blanche River and travel north on L191, west on L190 then south on the A trail into New Liskeard but that adds a lot of mileage.

Yes, I know they are coming from the Quebec side, they are looking to get to the Waterfront Inn are they not?, I'm saying I wouldn't run the lake if it isn't staked, there is land trail that runs from Notre Dame du Nord off of 83.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Notre Dame du Nord.JPG

5 hours ago, Ultrafrozen said:

Evil, They would be coming from Quebec ( Notre-Dame du Nord) and down A107Q on the Blanche river, not from the hotels north of New Liskeard as you state.  That piece of A107Q dead-ends at the hotel and there is no land trail east to the Blanche river anymore.

They could come from the same Quebec trail (Notre-Dame Du Nord), hit the Blanche River and travel north on L191, west on L190 then south on the A trail into New Liskeard but that adds a lot of mileage.

Thanks Evil and ultrafrozen for your help ,last year when we hit the river from Quebec side we went to L191 to L190 then to A trail to Quality Inn

Could not get rooms there for saturday night so we had to book at the Waterfront Inn.

If it is safer for us and easier to find we will have to go that way ,also will be after Dark .I am a little nervous running a Lake not Familiar with.

53 minutes ago, Evil said:

Yes, I know they are coming from the Quebec side, they are looking to get to the Waterfront Inn are they not?, I'm saying I wouldn't run the lake if it isn't staked, there is land trail that runs from Notre Dame du Nord off of 83.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Notre Dame du Nord.JPG

Thanks Evil

For the pics and trail maps

Greg

1 hour ago, Evil said:

Notre Dame du Nord.JPG

That land trail is closed due to landowner issues. Doublecheck the ITG. As mentioned head north where the Quebec trail hits the river and loop all the way around L191/190. The old land trail doesn't even show on the ITG. Maybe that's where the miscommunication originates from. 

From Facebook:

1469770_227538024090357_1424502168_n.jpg

We will be staking the A107Q lake trail to Quebec on Saturday. Volunteers are needed. We will be meeting at the mouth of the Wabi River just after 9 am and hope to be done by noon.

Thanks ultrafrozen

That will help for sure we should be able to find the waterfront 

9 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Just saw that also. Looks like you guy's are good to go zrtkat..

I hope so Jeff this weather keeps changing each one is different just hoping it stays cold 

will be on the lookout for you guys

Greg

On 2/8/2017 at 4:04 PM, Nunz said:

Damn we will be missing you guys by one day, we are driving into Val Dor on the 19th. Hope you have a great trip.

Nunz

Nunz 

we will be in Val-Dor for 2 nights the 16th and 17th then heading to new liskeard on saturday

Have a great trip in Quebec

We are going to try to find a nice loop to do in Val-Dor on the 16th

Greg

1 minute ago, zrtkat said:

Nunz 

we will be in Val-Dor for 2 nights the 16th and 17th then heading to new liskeard on saturday

Have a great trip in Quebec

We are going to try to find a nice loop to do in Val-Dor on the 16th

Greg

Thanks you too, make sure you post a note about what loop you did as we are in the area all week.

Nunz

21 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Thanks you too, make sure you post a note about what loop you did as we are in the area all week.

Nunz

Will post from the Forestel while in Val-Dor 

will give you a up-date

Greg

If we don't get the lake trail staked from Quebec to New Liskeard turn right when you hit the river after leaving Notre Dame du Nord and take the L190 - L189 towards New Liskeard.  We can only stake it on Saturday if it isn't snowing - you have to be able to see where you are going to put the stakes out.  

As soon as we are done staking (if we are able to do it) we will let the district manager know and she will mark it green on the ITG.

Archived