Trail report for D8 Feb.1st and 2nd 2017

extreme600

WOW just amazing the job that these clubs have done!!!  THANK YOU !!!!  We rode two days in D8 and the trails were at the worst a 7/10 and the best 10/10 (of course).  We were amazed at how well the trails were.  Groomer was out each day we were out.  Trails were holding very well.  Perfect conditions.  Did I say THANK YOU??  Yes I did and will over an over.

Our first day we rode from the 204-B105C-C-B-204 on Wednesday.  Trails were an 8/10.  Thursday we rode 204-B105C-B-C-B-416-B-C-B105C-204.  Trails were mainly 10/10 only trail that was 7/10 was the C trail in the WINDY areas LOL.  Wasn't due to anything else but the wind!!  Great job.

We ate lunch on Wednesday at the Waubashene Legion and the food was great.  The HUGE home made burgers were fabulous!!!  They're open 11:30am to 9pm Tuesday to Saturday.  Closed Sunday Monday.

On Thursday we decided to meet up with some fellow OCer's in Phelpston at the NEW Sicily North (old Phelpston Restaurant).  Honestly the PIZZA was the best Pizza I have eaten in the North.  It was a 10/10 just like the trails!!  Blake, Nunz and his better half Karen were outside the restaurant when we arrived, said it was closed, doors are locked.  Well, Nunz called them and knocked on the door.  And what to our wonderous eyes did appear.  A super nice couple that asked if we were hungry.  Well HECK YES we replied.  They opened the doors, gave us some menus than served us some beverages.   We ordered a large pizza for all of us and a few people had soup or salad also.  Absolutely no frozen food here.  Even our buddies NUNZ and BLAKE (our food connoisseurs) gave the meal two thumbs up. 

The SICILY NORTH is open Tuesday to Thursday from 4:30pm to 9pm. Friday - Sunday 4:30pm to 10pm. As long as there is snow on the ground they will open at 11a.m. to serve you. For sledders they will open their doors and gladly serve you up an AWESOME LUNCH. Phone 705-322-1544 or just knock on the door. Everything is home made!!!

Here's a few pics of our little runsIMG_6330.JPGIMG_6353.JPG-1.JPGIMG_6357.JPGIMG_6358.JPGIMG_6370.JPGIMG_6377.JPGIMG_6384.JPGIMG_6386.JPGIMG_6390.JPG

Awsome. Glad you had a good time. I am going to give the pizza place a try. 

I thought the wings were excellent. They are a nice young couple and the food is good.

Will be interesting to see if they can develop enough business sense to make a go of it.

Archived