Friday feb 3 Cochrane to Hearst report and pics..

Turbo Doo

11 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

I would just say someone stole the plate and fight it. Has to be better things for these cops to do. 

For future reference- go to the police station and report it missing. Then take the report to the licensing office. For me it was a free replacement - yours may vary. Next - bolt the new one on, but also drill extra holes and fasten with some thick wire as a backup. After backing into snowbanks etc. they come off pretty easily.

Well kevin aka 14snow made it back to cochrane with 1 more rescued sled than anticipated. On his arrival to smoothrock to pick up Evils friends sled, he came upon a fellow that was up here riding by himself.  This guy was running the canyon, had sled issues, walked for 45 minutes. Long story short hes up here riding with no cell, no spot etc. CRAZY.  14snow got him back to NAI. On a side note, 14snow reports that the NAI was full.  Hmm. But im still not going there to stay. All in all it was a good 2 days riding, nothing too serious happened, we are all accounted for and all sleds are good to go in our group anyways. Heres a few pics to share.  I would rate trails up here a 9 out of 10. Were heading home this am, but are returning in less than 2 weeks. We are addicted to the Northern corridor du Nord..Great trip wirh a great bunch of guys. Even if you were out in front at ONE point 14snow..:angry:

Heres a few pics to share.. oh and a big shout out to Brian at the westway. Cannot say enough how great a guy he his. Thanks for the ride in to town, and the offer to come be a rescue vehilce guy if the need would ever arrise. A true friend in the north. Cannot say enough about him and the westway..

20170205_051745.jpg

20170205_051731.jpg

20170205_051718.jpg

20170205_051658.jpg

20170205_051645.jpg

20170205_051631.jpg

20170205_051615.jpg

20170205_051540.jpg

20170205_051524.jpg

20170205_051506.jpg

20170205_051448.jpg

20170205_051430.jpg

Great pictures looks good up there

Zrtkat & Crew will be up there in 2 weeks

:-D

5 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Were heading to cochrane on feb 18.. hope to see you guys somewhere..

We will be in Cochrane on the 19th

heading to hearst  on the 20th

will keep a eye out for you

Greg

On 2017-02-04 at 5:32 PM, Viperules700 said:

I would just say someone stole the plate and fight it. Has to be better things for these cops to do. 

Yeah but another trip up to Cochrane to fight it... might as well bring the trailer with a new plate.

He looked like a young rookie cop.

16 hours ago, slomo said:

For future reference- go to the police station and report it missing. Then take the report to the licensing office. For me it was a free replacement - yours may vary. Next - bolt the new one on, but also drill extra holes and fasten with some thick wire as a backup. After backing into snowbanks etc. they come off pretty easily.

It held on for 10 years so I guess it was time to fall off.

Just more BS and expense but all part of the trip.

All in all 16hrs of travel time but great trails, great people and lots of laughs. 

Snowy, crappy drive all the way home via Kirkland Lake to drop of the one rescued sled at the BRP dealer for hopefully a quick key reflash in the morning. 

Spent some time with Evil and the rest of her group.  Always a blast.

The twins, wow. Not surprised 14 snow would run into them. 

How much was the fine? I am just curious! 

8 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

How much was the fine? I am just curious! 

$110.

On 2/4/2017 at 5:32 PM, Viperules700 said:

11 hours ago, 14 snow said:

Yeah but another trip up to Cochrane to fight it... might as well bring the trailer with a new plate.

He looked like a young rookie cop.

Ya, that is along way to go to fight a dumb ticket!

I "lost" my plate a few years ago, went to the police station and the officer basically told me in an indirect way to suggest it fell off vs. someone stealing it, way less red tape and a much easier process to get a new plate issued.

It is not uncommon for a snowmobile trailer plate to fall off given it use anyways, which is exactly the same message the officer was telling me....

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2017 at 0:10 PM, zrtkat said:

We will be in Cochrane on the 19th

heading to hearst  on the 20th

will keep a eye out for you

Greg

We're doing the exact same thing. Should be at Westway around 3, heading to SRF for dinner, then off to Hearst on Monday.

Archived