Southriver to Port Loring

Nimrod

I heard there was a bad washout on 105d. Is it passable. Planing on doing this next monday. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

If it's the one near the SR507 it was kinda nasty. many little washouts and a few big ones. We were able to get through or around them without damage. New riders would find it challenging. Sorry no pictures. One group on the weekend recommended we turned back as they were doing; however we wanted to see how bad it was. They said they heard one sled bent a ski running through one of the washouts. Overall we made it though and no damage, only muddy wet sleds.

Jerry

d105 washout.PNG

Here are a couple pics.  I wasn't taking the brand new sled through that.

IMG_2967.PNG

IMG_2968.PNG

ooofh. is it on the map where grover has circled?

that would be argyle riders territory?

must be more along the NNR section of that trail to east, as they have their portion marked yellow.

see they have finally opened legrou lake, so that may be the way to go and bypass that mess.

Went through there on Friday. They are all passable and it has been colder so I would bet that it has gotten a lot better. There were also long stretches of pristine trails too. Like grover said new riders might be challenged. Our group didn't have any problems and looked at it as part of early season riding. 

LeGrou and Chartier lake trail has been rideable for 3 weeks. Rode it back on Jan 14 from south river.  Just wasn't staked so showed red on the map.  Now staked and shows Green today.  Make sure to follow up on land around the narrows.

NN450 trail between chartier lake and spring lake is usually awesome.  Don't share this secret with too many others !

Archived