Searchmont fuel

hokkkey

Welcome to the forum hokkkey! No fuel in Searchmont but there is in Goulais River according to the reports that I  have read. Some are staging at Searchmont rather than the city due to no available fuel. Try putting Searchmont in the search box at the top of the page for more info.

1 hour ago, Owls Nest Lodge said:

I called to book a night at the Mountain View Lodge, They keep gas in cans for folks staying with  them,  Better than cans on sled,

The only issue with the Mountain View Lodge is that it is not near a trail and you still need to trailer to Searchmont to start your ride.

Nice people, but last year the guy was gone and his girlfriend got up early and left, so no breakfast for us.

We drove down to the ski hill and had breakfast.  Not too bad a plan.  Then we went back to the Driftwood and started our ride north to Dub.

They might be able to meet you with a trailer or something?

35 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

The only issue with the Mountain View Lodge is that it is not near a trail and you still need to trailer to Searchmont to start your ride.

Nice people, but last year the guy was gone and his girlfriend got up early and left, so no breakfast for us.

We drove down to the ski hill and had breakfast.  Not too bad a plan.  Then we went back to the Driftwood and started our ride north to Dub.

They might be able to meet you with a trailer or something?

They told me they were on the trail?  Might just change up where we are staying and keep it simple,

50 minutes ago, Owls Nest Lodge said:

They told me they were on the trail?  Might just change up where we are staying and keep it simple,

I was told the same last year also it's not even close to the trail 

44 minutes ago, Owls Nest Lodge said:

Thanks,  You just made up my mind,  Thanks

The Driftwood Valley Lodge in Searchmont (Carl) can maybe get you a can of fuel.  Call him at (705) 781-3128.

They have a couple cabins there you can stay if they are not booked.  We usually go to the ski hill to get a beer and food.  You could also see about staying at the ski hill, but it may be expensive?  If the Driftwood is full, he may be able to head you to another of the few places along the Whitman Dam Road (where Driftwood is) that have openings?

At the moment, the trail to run over to Goulias River is red (closed), so no going for gas that way either.  The cedar swamp is most likely the problem after that thaw and rain.

I will be leaving the Driftwood which is where I park my trailer on Friday mid-morning or so to run to Halfway and Chapleau for the night.  Then to Dub for Saturday night.     

1 hour ago, Owls Nest Lodge said:

I just cancelled Mountain View and booked with Carl, He also keeps cans,  All good now,  Pisses me off when someone tells you they are on the trail and they are NOT!!!

We were a bit upset when the gal who promised breakfast which they advertise, and then left early as we watched her drive away. 

We waited until 8:00 am and then just drove to Searchmont.

8 hours ago, AC+YA said:

I will be leaving the Driftwood which is where I park my trailer on Friday mid-morning or so to run to Halfway and Chapleau for the night.  Then to Dub for Saturday night.     

back through Halfway and up to Dub, or is the old trail up to Dub an option? (with a stop for an Ernie's burger on the way)

8 hours ago, Owls Nest Lodge said:

I just cancelled Mountain View and booked with Carl, He also keeps cans,  All good now,  Pisses me off when someone tells you they are on the trail and they are NOT!!!

That guys a piece of work not to be trusted I could tell you more but I will leave it at that

41 minutes ago, 1049 said:

That guys a piece of work not to be trusted I could tell you more but I will leave it at that

What goes around comes around,  He will loose in the end.  I should have asked more questions here first, so part my fault,   all good now,

2 hours ago, FishHog said:

back through Halfway and up to Dub, or is the old trail up to Dub an option? (with a stop for an Ernie's burger on the way)

Not an option. 

Back through Halfway. 

Archived