Try our trails marketing

mczed38

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

Agreed Kerry but as always, if you allow something there are always people who will abuse it. Does anybody think that I will buy trail passes for my 13 antique sleds. Not a _____g chance but it sure would be nice to take them out on today's trails. One problem though and I wonder if you have experienced it Kerry. When you have your old sled out on the trail, does it seem like riders want to run into you? People steer where they look and they are looking at you.

Actually I havent had the old ones on the trails yet  c.c.. Last year was our first chance for them and mother nature didn't play nice lol.

I was referring to while riding my 04 Panther. Don't think the hot doggers have time to see anything in front of them they all have tunnel vision.The leader is blind to everything ahead and the ones behind only follow his tail light about 6ft behind. Rail line is no problem you can see a mile have at 'er.

In any case going to Ennismore tomorrow for Polarfest so we will be cruisin Chemong on the old iron!

Kerry

our sleds.jpg

very nice looking sleds

On 1/29/2017 at 6:13 PM, 02Sled said:

I keep hearing how the OFSC does have a person to lobby the province for assistance and I believe there is some effort but to what extent and what success. I keep getting the emailed OFSC Newsletter but never seem to see anything in there that addresses what initiatives the OFSC are pursuing. I could be wrong but how much more effective would it be if i.e. everyone was notified that the OFSC was lobbying the province to provide a tax credit to landowners with a trail on their private property. Then ask the permit buyers (voters) to reach out to their MPP as well indicating their support of the concept and why they feel it is important. Something tells me say 70,000 voices through multiple MPP's is a lot better than just one from the OFSC. Could be wrong but I don't think so.

Back on topic... with online sales only it should be real easy to tell if there is a sudden spike or nothing happens at all after the free weekend as well as if any permit sales after the long weekend were by those taking advantage of  the long weekend. It would only take minutes. Compare one Excel spreadsheet of free weekend buyers to another spreadsheet of after the weekend buyers electronically and produce only the duplicates.

Was there not some post card effort directed by the OFSC a few years ago directed @ Queens Park. Does someone else remember what I'm thinking of? The fact that I (of all people) can't recall what it was about, shows the gravity of it.

If I dug thru my magazine collection I could probably find a column where I think Terry Kehoe (or maybe 1 of the Lesters) wrote. He was telling us about contacting the MTO in the aftermath of the custom number fiasco. I know I wrote a letter & before the following season started the MTO changed its tune & allowed custom numbers if they followed the long standing requirements that had been on the books.

Other than those 2 instances, I've never heard the OFSC asking us to lobby the politicians.

8 hours ago, revrnd said:

Other than those 2 instances, I've never heard the OFSC asking us to lobby the politicians.

Until snowmobiling in Ontario becomes something other than mainly the preserve of middle-aged to older white people who are able to make monthly payments, there will be little point. (unless the death toll among the mulisha riders becomes unreasonably high)

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

Was there not some post card effort directed by the OFSC a few years ago directed @ Queens Park. Does someone else remember what I'm thinking of? The fact that I (of all people) can't recall what it was about, shows the gravity of it.

If I dug thru my magazine collection I could probably find a column where I think Terry Kehoe (or maybe 1 of the Lesters) wrote. He was telling us about contacting the MTO in the aftermath of the custom number fiasco. I know I wrote a letter & before the following season started the MTO changed its tune & allowed custom numbers if they followed the long standing requirements that had been on the books.

Protect our volunteers was the theme of that 

13 hours ago, Kerry said:

Actually I havent had the old ones on the trails yet  c.c.. Last year was our first chance for them and mother nature didn't play nice lol.

I was referring to while riding my 04 Panther. Don't think the hot doggers have time to see anything in front of them they all have tunnel vision.The leader is blind to everything ahead and the ones behind only follow his tail light about 6ft behind. Rail line is no problem you can see a mile have at 'er.

In any case going to Ennismore tomorrow for Polarfest so we will be cruisin Chemong on the old iron!

Kerry

our sleds.jpg

Great looking Whip Kerry ! Totally outstanding !! :) 

This freeloader weekend is going to cost the OFSC one classic permit this year. For the past two years I have bought a permit for my old 99 Polaris and have only used it on the family day weekend. Next year I will just get a free one.  My kids can ride it around in the fields the other weekends next year.

1 hour ago, Daves said:

This freeloader weekend is going to cost the OFSC one classic permit this year. For the past two years I have bought a permit for my old 99 Polaris and have only used it on the family day weekend. Next year I will just get a free one.  My kids can ride it around in the fields the other weekends next year.

That's what I've done this year with my 96 380... Kids have just been bush wacking with it, in the feilds behind the house, waiting for the free weekend. My step-mother has a matching seld and her and my youngest (18 year old) are already planning a ride that weekend. 

I have my doubts the free weekend does anything but give the freeloaders a weekend of running without having to look over thier shoulder. Saying that however, we rode last year and didn't see anymore traffic then usual on a weekend.

4 hours ago, Wildbill said:

Protect our volunteers was the theme of that 

Thanks Bill, that was it.

We have given 95% of those wanting to Try Our Trails an opportunity over the last 7 or 8 years.

The number of old sleds with owners wanting to introduce others to groomed snowmobile trails doesn't change significantly every year.

They have had many opportunities to try then Buy.

Shut this Free Long Weekend down for a couple of years, probably garner more sales by forcing them to get a Multi-Day Permit than relying on Free Long Weekend.

Pay to Play or Don't Play.

I just watched my neigbour take the family out on four newer sleds. They go out at least twice a week. Usually around sunset because they have not had permits in at least 3 years. They do a  3 day trip every free week end. Really grates on me. 

17 minutes ago, pt3189 said:

I just watched my neigbour take the family out on four newer sleds. They go out at least twice a week. Usually around sunset because they have not had permits in at least 3 years. They do a  3 day trip every free week' end. Really grates on me. 

That is the ultimate insult to our user pay system. Could you arrange your club's Trail Patrol to be out one of those evenings? Might at least embarrass him into buying at least one permit.

He is the type of guy who doesn't give give a rat frig about being embarrassed. We are def not on speaking terms. He knows my kid and I do work with the local club and what we think of him. He figures he is saving 800 bucks approx so he can spend it on a weekend away. He loves that free weekend on groomed trails. 

4 minutes ago, pt3189 said:

He is the type of guy who doesn't give give a rat frig about being embarrassed. We are def not on speaking terms. He knows my kid and I do work with the local club and what we think of him. He figures he is saving 800 bucks approx so he can spend it on a weekend away. He loves that free weekend on groomed trails. 

Somebody in your club know a cop that could help?

The opp hit this area no more than once a year I think. Got one in the Family but is a city cop in Peterborough. 

We need to get the authority that Quebec provides their Trail Patrol.

They mean business and their Trail Patrol fills in the appropriate paperwork and submits to QPP who then mail out ticket.

There minimum fine is around $540 or thereabouts.

This Ontario Government does not help organized snowmobiling, either regarding liability law, MSVA amendments or sufficient on-Trail enforcement by OPP.

14 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

From a post on another topic which helps prove the lack of enforcement.

"Posted 3 hours ago 

What is need is more enforcement I have ridden 2600 k this year all over the province and have not seen one officer or trail patrol !

Or have I just been lucky? "

In the 8 years and 13,000kms of riding i did on my GSX, all over east central Ontario. I was stoped only once on the trail (which was for a warning of deer up ahaed not a permit check). And saw them once setting up as we stopped for lunch, but they where gone by the time I came out from lunch. 

17 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

From a post on another topic which helps prove the lack of enforcement.

"Posted 3 hours ago 

What is need is more enforcement I have ridden 2600 k this year all over the province and have not seen one officer or trail patrol !

Or have I just been lucky? "

Same, I've done 2000kms so far and last year was the same.

An for some reason the OPP has been all over here in the parry sound area this year. The most ive seen yet. Although most have been just at the roadway crossings sitting in their nice warm cruisers instead of being on their sleds like they should be when doing sled enforcement! A few times this year the beloved SAVE team has been at their usual spot shooting fish in a barrel on the straight stretches in sprucedale on their sleds. 

With the sudden increase in road crossing deaths no wonder that are sitting at crossings

On 2017-02-05 at 7:49 AM, Cuyuna said:

Great looking Whip Kerry ! Totally outstanding !! :) 

Thanks c.c.& Cuyuna for the kind words.It has a new seat cover since that pic.I had a nice video from ennismore that I wanted to put together so you could drool over that scorpion lol - maybe get that itch scratched. It hauls !!.We got about 8 miles on them around the lake.Very happy with them running and no problems.Went on a night ride around here last night and forgot to rename all my videos and overdubbed all our ride time there.I am so pissed I'll just have to do a video of them on the free weekend !!

Kerry

Archived