Cochrane

denny

Iroquois Falls / Timmins / Smooth rock Falls/ Cochrane. Big day but fast trails.

Hearst or Kapuskasing and return depanding on how hard you ride.

2 hours ago, denny said:

Yeah there 10 of us going canyon and Timmins are 2 days already planned looking for maybe a 3rd day big ride 

Go to Hearst on the A and come back on the south trails or at least the ones that are open.

Agree with PLC, if they open the lumberjack loop by the time you're there...( It runs south of The Kap )....you must give it a try!!

We tried it on the way back from Hearst south out of Opasatika all the way to Kapuskasing for fuel and then rip it to Smooth Rock for food and a top up then zip to Cochrane to the Swan Castle.

After that dinner and beverage at the Ice Hut around the corner......

What a day!!

9 hours ago, Polaris1 said:

There is very little snow in Timmins right now-almost down to dirt in spots.

Wow.  I didnt realize this.   Timmins is normally a PITA to get around at the best of times.  

59 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Wow.  I didnt realize this.   Timmins is normally a PITA to get around at the best of times.  

Easier than riding into downtown Stratford.

15 hours ago, Polaris1 said:

There is very little snow in Timmins right now-almost down to dirt in spots.

5 hours ago, scottyr said:

4 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Easier than riding into downtown Stratford.

That is correct.  In all the years I have lived here I have never even attempted to ride into Stratford.  No reason really?   You can get gas in Sebringville and Shakespeare just off the trail. 

5 hours ago, scottyr said:

That is correct.  In all the years I have lived here I have never even attempted to ride into Stratford.  No reason really?   You can get gas in Sebringville and Shakespeare just off the trail. 

Just meant as a comparison in the sense that at least there is a trail made available through the City of Timmins even though it seems a difficult one until you get used to it.

Archived