Restoule Staging

Simple

Hey guys, anyone know a spot in Restoule area to park a truck and trailer for the day. I rented a cottage in the area for the weekend that's not right on the trails so need a place to stage from.

With the weather I wish I could cancel but that's not in the cards. So any help would be appreciated.

Any suggestions on 200km loops or areas to avoid would also help.

Thanks ,Mike

Not sure where you can stage from in Restoule, but i would run the trails down towards Port Loring. You have alot of trails and loops through there that are great, just watch for the deer. There is gas in Port Loring as well. Jakes is a great spot to eat and Jake is a supporter of the local club.

TinMan

Keep the rubber side down

Near Port Loring we have a place and ride out of and is a great area to run, always lots of fun. It's usually a great ride from Port Loring through Restoule up to Nippissing and North Bay, it looks good on the map.

Some mud showing last weekend after 48 hours of 5 degrees but the temps are dropping and they've had a bit of snow this week. It looks like it could be a good weekend, especially as some more snow may be on the way.

old polaris dealer near the lake or crowsnest resort would be your best bet. I have used either in past.

Great guys thanks for the help and advice. Going to check out Jakes for sure.

might be able to park at the legion or the community centre. always see truck n trailers there when we ride through restoule.

think their poker run is this weekend, so lot might be busy?

6 hours ago, Simple said:

Hey guys, anyone know a spot in Restoule area to park a truck and trailer for the day. I rented a cottage in the area for the weekend that's not right on the trails so need a place to stage from.

With the weather I wish I could cancel but that's not in the cards. So any help would be appreciated.

Any suggestions on 200km loops or areas to avoid would also help.

Thanks ,Mike

I would stage in South River at the community center head north to Nipissing, west to Restoule, lunch in Port Loring, east to Bummers' Roost and back to South River to the truck. We did this exact ride last Wednesday and it was 206km on the GPS at the end of the day.

More good info thanks...Leaving from work in 20min from Mississauga so we'll see what happens tomorrow. Might have to join in on that Poker Run Saturday depending on what our group plans are...which at this point is whatever comes up and wherever the trails take us.B)

Cheers

2 hours ago, Simple said:

More good info thanks...Leaving from work in 20min from Mississauga so we'll see what happens tomorrow. Might have to join in on that Poker Run Saturday depending on what our group plans are...which at this point is whatever comes up and wherever the trails take us.B)

Cheers

Check the websites for the two restaurants in Port Loring - Jake's and Roxies. One is closed while the other is open and vice versa for certain days:

http://www.jakesrestaurant.ca/

http://www.roxiesdinerportloring.com/specials/

I plan to attend the poker run in Restoule. I will be parking at a friend's cottage this year.

I have parked at Foote's general store (with permission) at the corner of hwy 654 and 534 in Nipissing in the past. I think a small fee and purchase some fuel is all that is required to parking.

Jerry

5 hours ago, slomo said:

No, Roxie's is better.

Jake's has amazing home made pies!

19 hours ago, grover_yyz said:

Jake's has amazing home made pies!

I'll see your home made pies and raise you...

pies.jpg

cheesecake.jpg

fish.jpg

burger.jpg

mex.jpg

Yes, it is a tough choice between the two places. Jake has done much work for the Argyle Riders club, Roxie's had been a mainstay in the community. The thing to watch out for sledders though is that sometimes one is closed, while the other is open.

(unlike some people, I have received no compensation or special consideration for this recommendation)

Trails are pretty low on snow and have lots of washouts. The clubs are doing their best but there isn't a lot to work with. The Restoule groomer was broken down on d102c yesterday East of Restoule.  They need snow and cold. DON'T STOP ON THE LAKES! c105d south of Loring was a pretty tough go yesterday. A couple open Creek and swamp areas. There seemed to be more snow towards Sundridge yesterday. All the lake trails are staked but stay on the stake line. There is 2 inches of ice then 2 inches of water then 4 inches of ice under it in front of my cottage on Lake Commanda.

We did the poker run on the weekend and I can also confirm that more snow is needed. Many washouts and some are quite nasty. Eagle lake is staked. The Restoule club put on a good event and an excellent roast beef dinner. I look forward to next years poker run.

Archived