Snow Conditions in Cochrane

AdamGamble

Anyone from the area or has been lately know how the snow conditions are after the warm up. 

Looking at their fbook page, there is a river crossing gone due to mild weather, re-route in progress now and open water on another trail....so they are also feeling the warmer weather as well :headbang: 

I am leaving for Cochrane dark and early next Monday morning, be there before noon and in time for a good ride Monday afternoon. Staying over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights, riding Thursday for a few hours then driving home Thursday pm.

Haven't booked yet but plan to stay at the Thrift Lodge.

All my arrangements are in place. Leaving around 0300 from Barrie and with reasonable road conditions, should be in Cochrane before noon tomorrow. Staying till Thursday then returning home.

Couldn't talk anybody into playing with me so going on my own.

If anyone is going or is in Cochrane over this time period and wouldn't mind another sled tagging along just let me know.

Just got back from Cochrane and Kapuskasing, main trails were mint!  You won't be disappointed, heading back there this weekend. 

Trails in Timmins were a little thin but still passable.

Evil

Hey, Evil! -- great to see you on the board again.

Thanks for the update...we'll be up that way next week, so I'm glad to hear things are in good shape in Northern Corridor.  Not so good to hear that snow in Timmins is thin, which I found surprising.  Crazy winter!

irREV

1 hour ago, irREVerent said:

Hey, Evil! -- great to see you on the board again.

Thanks for the update...we'll be up that way next week, so I'm glad to hear things are in good shape in Northern Corridor.  Not so good to hear that snow in Timmins is thin, which I found surprising.  Crazy winter!

irREV

Thanks irRev, good to be back! 

5 hours ago, Evil said:

Just got back from Cochrane and Kapuskasing, main trails were mint!  You won't be disappointed, heading back there this weekend. 

Trails in Timmins were a little thin but still passable.

Evil

Wow, I had to do a double take on who this "Evil" person was.  Nice to see you back.  How's that 1200 treating you?

Heading up to Cochrane on Thursday this week, looking forward to any reports from this week.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:47 PM, 14 snow said:

Wow, I had to do a double take on who this "Evil" person was.  Nice to see you back.  How's that 1200 treating you?

LOL!  I put over a 1000 kms on it last weekend and I love it a lot more than I was expecting.  Obviously not at fast on top end as my 800 Etec but from 0-90 it's fast and the handling is way better than the older 1200's! 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:49 PM, 14 snow said:

Heading up to Cochrane on Thursday this week, looking forward to any reports from this week.

Where you staying in Cochrane, us girls will be there Friday & Saturday night.  maybe we will run into you!

Archived